Wii not detecting (some) discs after cIOS install

reversebottle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! First post here, hoping someone might be able to help.

I followed the instructions from wii.guide to install the required cIOS along with Wii Flow. The install worked fine and I'm able to boot games I have already dumped from Wii Flow without any issues. However, I now cannot read some discs including Super Smash Brothers Brawl (no disc detected), and Rayman Origins (which shows an "update required" screen in the disc menu).

I tried using ModMii to detect any changes needed, and despite the added changes I still can't read Brawl. Rayman Origins shows up if I enable the PriiLoader hack for blocking disc updates. I've attached my SysCheck if anyone has any ideas what I need to change. Thank you in advance!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Enable the priiloader hack to block updates, that should solve the Rayman game issue

Regarding SSBB's no disk detected error... is the disk damaged? It's an original disk right and not a backup?

Also consider saving your wii lazer's lifespan and rip those games to usb and play via a usbloader instead. It would also be interesting to see if other apps can read/rip your Ssbb disk

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Worth noting that Smash Bros is the first double layer game – DL games are known to cause issues on some Wii drives.
Wii is aging. 10 days ago one Wii drive bit the dust while I was playing an original game. Sadly the time has come that USB loading might be the only alternative to keep our Wiis running normally

Then this:
It would also be interesting to see if other apps can read/rip your Ssbb disk
Try dumping the full disc with CleanRip.

reversebottle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for the late followup on this! The disc did work on another Wii and as it turns out it was the only dual layer disc out of all the bunch I tried. I ended up ordering a replacement disc reader off Amazon and after a painless swap, it was able to read SSBB without any issues! Really appreciate all the insight from everyone on the thread to get it working again.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto