Hacking WiiFlow

JDTan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i have a question for the installation of wiiflow.
i'm new so i really don't understand much.

this is what i have
A nintendo wii already installed wiiflow v1.0 when i bought it.
after reading the guides of installing usb loaders there are something that is needed to be installed like homebrew and cios 222/223,249. but with my wii already have wiiflow v1.0 i can skip this and just update my wiiflow to 1.1 right? or do i have to reinstall cios 222/223 and 249? for installation my wii uses external hardisk that is partition a: and b: the a: have all the wiiflow files and the b: have the games. how will i install the new wiiflow 1.1? do i just need to capy paste the file? and i read something about changing the .dol to boot.dol? and open it at homebrew channel? i tried checking out the homebrew channel what i saw is bootmii is that where i open the file then the installation will be done? thanks to anyone will reply. I'm still new to this things just got my wii last week and started reading forums and i would love to play ssbb soon hehe. Is there a possibility i could brick my wii if i did something wrong when installing the wiiflow? thanks!

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zorglub07 said:
You can find an open source project based on the WiiFlow 1.1 sources here: http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow
This has been approved by Hibern, even though he does not wish to take an active role in any future WiiFlow project.
Thanks for fixing the makefile in r3 and uploading the libogc.
wink.gif

Can you please fix the ugly directory structure (svn/trunk/wiiflow/trunk/...)?
It should be svn/trunk/... without wiiflow/trunk ...

Thanks,
Narolez

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hibern said:
TeenTin said:
Start Mario Kart Wii with Ocarina ON. Got Wifi error !

However, CFG Loader works fine with this.

Nooo, really? What a strange bug, try all network games ever released on the wii, then make a full report once you've tried to cheat in them all... thanks for helping to solve this mystery.

The homebrew scene needs more devs like this guy. Great at coding, and also more then willing to be a condescending dick. I love it.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
I actually like the fact that specifically on-line cheating does not work. Online cheating is for total losers. If the best modification someone can come up with is enabling on-line cheating then they are really pathetic!

Plus Hibernatus has not limited the number of projects I would assume deliberately. I cannot see how there is any arrogance being shown simply by him making comments or suggestions, he is entitled to an opinion as much as anyone else. I like the fact he is still showing an interest and may help out Zorglub in future...very cool.

However, suggesting the number is kept low simply makes good sense. Otherwise you could end up with several people all working on the same modifications.

Plus if loads of versions are released, they simply will not all be accepted by a majority of WiiFlow users.

My suggestion would be for people to simply state what modifications they are working on and make that their portion of the project, then maybe they could all end up being added to a single project.

I also see no problem wishing for features from other loaders to be added to Wiiflow, simply makes sense to me to want good features to be implemented.

I personally will probably stick with official 1.1, as it does exactly what I want. BUT if someone adds stuff I feel I could use, I will consider changing my mind.

JDTan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
JDTan said:
Hi i have a question for the installation of wiiflow.
i'm new so i really don't understand much.

this is what i have
A nintendo wii already installed wiiflow v1.0 when i bought it.
after reading the guides of installing usb loaders there are something that is needed to be installed like homebrew and cios 222/223,249. but with my wii already have wiiflow v1.0 i can skip this and just update my wiiflow to 1.1 right? or do i have to reinstall cios 222/223 and 249? for installation my wii uses external hardisk that is partition a: and b: the a: have all the wiiflow files and the b: have the games. how will i install the new wiiflow 1.1? do i just need to capy paste the file? and i read something about changing the .dol to boot.dol? and open it at homebrew channel? i tried checking out the homebrew channel what i saw is bootmii is that where i open the file then the installation will be done? thanks to anyone will reply. I'm still new to this things just got my wii last week and started reading forums and i would love to play ssbb soon hehe. Is there a possibility i could brick my wii if i did something wrong when installing the wiiflow? thanks!
Hi anyone would like to anser? need badly before i update tnx!

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whatever I do the Wiiflow 1.1 want to read settings/covers from usb-hdd, and refuse to read the sd-card.

1.0 and 1.0d had no problems reading from the sd-card instead of the usb-hdd.

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hi, loader looks GREAT! nice work

were can i put the covers manualy? (without using the internet) and what size does the 3d covers have to be?
thanx!

Scoobyscoobydoo

Trophies
XP
Country
PNo4 said:
Whatever I do the Wiiflow 1.1 want to read settings/covers from usb-hdd, and refuse to read the sd-card.

1.0 and 1.0d had no problems reading from the sd-card instead of the usb-hdd.

Strange, 1.1 reads from my SD card fine.

Have you tried this...

'WiiFlow will save all settings and files into the directory SD:\wiiflow\.
Exception: If you connect a harddisk with a FAT- and a WBFS-Partition, WiiFlow
will save its files to the FAT-Partition. To avoid this, you should open the
file SD:\wiiflow\wiiflow.ini and add the entry "data_on_usb=no" in the category
[GENERAL]. WiiFlow will ignore FAT-Partitions then. If wiiflow.ini isn't there,
copy the one that has been created on the HDD'

The Beast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
erolz said:
hi, loader looks GREAT! nice work

were can i put the covers manualy? (without using the internet) and what size does the 3d covers have to be?
thanx!

In wiiflow make a new folder and name it boxcovers, size I think should be 1024X680 or lower and I think you will need to name your covers correctly for wiiflow to recognise them eg RMCP01 for mario kart.
You may also need a folder named cache, not sure.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kLiNiKaL said:
how is that condescending?? i hate people who cheat online also as probably does everyone else NOT CHEATING

eat a dick

woah slow down sparky. Take a deep breath and count to ten guy, I don't want you busting an aneurysm, then who would pretend they're cool on the internet because they smoke pot?

I'm giving the guy props for telling the cheater to fuck off, AND in the manner he did it. In that sarcastic little condescending way. I applaud him.

ShadyGT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
forgot about that. I changed it after 1.0.
Version 1.0 : forces video mode and applies patch
Version 1.0B : applies patch instead of forcing video mode
So you can try to use the patch if forcing the video mode doesn't work.
So, if you select PAL 50 and no patch, it's a normal "force PAL 50".
If you select PAL 50 and patch, it will patch the game to use PAL 50. The patch should only be used if the other way doesn't work.

Does anyone in which file i have to change something to make this like it was 1.0?
I dunno anything about programming, but i just want give it a try becuase its very important for me:/

C

CasperH

grox said:
I've updated to version 1.1 also with overwriting the dol file on the SD. But now i'm not able to change the language. In the settings it shows me the DUTCH language but it is English.
I've copied the language.ini file, but no succes.

Can anybody tell me how to do it?
Replace everything including the WiiFlow folder and stuff.

Where did Hibern said that cheating is disabled?

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The Beast said:
In wiiflow make a new folder and name it boxcovers, size I think should be 1024X680 or lower and I think you will need to name your covers correctly for wiiflow to recognise them eg RMCP01 for mario kart.

and were can i download this covers? i allready have some 3D cover but they dont fit..

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Skizzo said:
Narolez said:
Hibern said:
Anyway, if i were you i wouldn't start too many projects now.
OK, my NWiiflow and compiled version of libogc are no longer public ...
Listen. Hibern released the source. Said the code was ours. Said he wasn't going to add any features or fix any bugs, because it was ours now. ALL of ours. And now he wants to tell people what they can or can't, or should or shouldn't be doing with the code? As fantastic and appreciated as his work is, that attitude reeks of arrogance. If he only wanted his approved number of projects (which I guess anything more than one is 'too many'?) coming from his source, then he shouldn't have released it publicly and should have instead just given it to his 'trusted' pals. He isn't dumb. He knew his code was going to be modified by many, yet he chose to release it anyways. Don't let his comment discourage you from doing anything and certainly don't play the "OK, I'm taking my ball home and no one can play with it..." attitude because of it. IMHO.
smile.gif
I apologize, i should have said : "Anyway, if i were you i wouldn't start too many projects now."
Hope it's clearer this way.
You're right, anyone is free to start a project, and i have no right to tell who does what, but wiiflow is just a small app, wrongly designed for an open source project (spaghetti code, written with one limited goal in mind), IMHO it's better to wait and see how it evolves with one project and try to contribute, unless you have very original ideas for it.
For your information, wiiflow might have one of the smallest source codes among "big" usb loaders (don't count data and inherited code), it would be strange to have several projects starting from this base.

And i should add, putting wiiflow in PD isn't only a way to let open source projects start from it, it also is a way to share code with other projects without constraints or silly copyright notices.

The Beast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
erolz said:
The Beast said:

and were can i download this covers? i allready have some 3D cover but they dont fit..

http://wiitdb.com/ It's where wiiflow gets them!

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hibern said:
TeenTin said:
Start Mario Kart Wii with Ocarina ON. Got Wifi error !

However, CFG Loader works fine with this.

Nooo, really? What a strange bug, try all network games ever released on the wii, then make a full report once you've tried to cheat in them all... thanks for helping to solve this mystery.

You did this intentionally ?

If yes, that is ... kind of ...

You know, it is fun to play with my friends through wifi with both of us having ocarina on.

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
TeenTin said:
You know, it is fun to play with my friends through wifi with both of us having ocarina on.

Perhaps YOU play with your friends , but some others are just losers and can't play without cheating , even if they're not with friends.
and that sucks.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone