Hacking WiiFlow

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ganons said:
Ok its working now with swapping usb ports.....
And why is there no chance for Sam & max pal to work?

Sam & Max (regardless of region) has been a huge struggle in compatibility within USB Loaders. I can't say why it doesn't work (probably too many valid disc checks,) but no USB Loader coder has been able to get it working.

You can find the full list of game compatibility for USB Loaders on GBAtemp's wiki.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...e_Compatibility

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to throw it out there.. since it would seem rather easy to add to the upcoming 1.1 release. Is it at all possible to have the screen fade to black after a fixed amount of time? ..like a very simple screensaver?

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Add if possible
smile.gif
...a simple request too.
USB Storage usage...in percentage.

If Hibern agrees offcourse.

PS: Still would love to see a forwarder with that IOS as parameter.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
Pakatus said:
Add if possible
smile.gif
...a simple request too.

if your talking about press 1 for 222 and press 2 for 223 etc i made a test version and upped it a good few pages back

not sure if it works thought, didnt have time to test it, it boots to a internal 249.dol if left unattented.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
kLiNiKaL said:
Pakatus said:
Add if possible
smile.gif
...a simple request too.

if your talking about press 1 for 222 and press 2 for 223 etc i made a test version and upped it a good few pages back

not sure if it works thought, didnt have time to test it, it boots to a internal 249.dol if left unattented.

Seems to be removed Klin...
unsure.gif

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pakatus said:
Add if possible
smile.gif
...a simple request too.

I put two on page 28. L for 249, R for 222, configurable .conf file to set which is loads by default. One is using StarryNight, the other is using Benjay's channel.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
KiiNG said:
Here's a configurable multi-forwarder for WiiFlow. (Based of SpaceJump's source that Hibern tweaked for me.)

The Channel itself is based off the StarryNight wad. C.iD is WFLO. Put the wiiflow_forw.conf file in the root of your SD.

Hold L = launches /apps/wiiflow_249/boot.dol
Hold R = launches /apps/wiiflow_222/boot.dol

You can edit the wiiflow_forw.conf file for the default flavor of WiiFlow (launching without selecting L or R.) It's set as 249 by default.

[StarryNight]
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8VBU7G3Z

Benjay's Forwarder:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YNY5JFHQ

Excelent.

Someone could ask Hibern to add this to first post
smile.gif

Thank you KiiNG

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In beta2, you could press up and down to go directly from letter to letter, making it possible to find any game within 2 seconds. Is that still hiding in 1.0 somewhere, or was it removed entirely? I miss it.

Incredible work on the loader, btw.

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imapterodactyl said:
In beta2, you could press up and down to go directly from letter to letter, making it possible to find any game within 2 seconds. Is that still hiding in 1.0 somewhere, or was it removed entirely? I miss it.

Hold B and push Left or Right. (Or plus and minus) I believe all the shortcuts are in the readme.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KiiNG said:
imapterodactyl said:

Hold B and push Left or Right. (Or plus and minus) I believe all the shortcuts are in the readme.

Thanks! The readme in my 1.0 download was very short, and simply said that the controls should be self explanatory.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pakatus said:
Add if possible
smile.gif
...a simple request too.

I second this, I would like to be able to see HDD info how big games are and general HDD info how much space i have left, even in the settings menu or somthing, dont want clutter on the beautiful flow walls
biggrin.gif

Would it be possible to add in the ability to download Ocarina codes and make the GCT from the txt like config and GX do or is that completely against his wishes (i understand if he dont want it in his loader). Just didnt see any mention of it anywhere

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I put the 1.0 version boot.dol as a startup file with preloader 0.29, the loader freeze about 50% of the time.

don't know if anyone tried that yet.

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I load mine from Preloader (haven't seen my Wii Menu in a few days.) It's never hung up once. If it's hanging at the Please Wait message, then its more than likely your USB drive going into immediate sleep-mode or simply taking ages to fully boot. You could load it up without the drive plugged in, wait for it to say connect it, then plug it in.. if it works each time, then you can surely say its the drive.

Hibern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand why we'd need a forwarder channel for choosing between 222 and 249. Seems completely useless and i suppose it takes a little more time to launch wiiflow.

I'd like to launch a public test of wiiflow because i've recently realized my devkit wasn't clean, i was adding bugs to whatever i compiled (strange behavior of the wiimote most notably)
So before i start looking for a well hidden bug, i want to check that it's not gone with a cleaner compilation :
wiiflow 1.0B : http://hibernatus34.free.fr/wiiflow/wiiflow1B.zip
(It's not as clean as can be in fact, i might make cleaner one a little later.)

I don't mind that you redistribute this test version, i've added a link to the official page in the about screen.
What's changed :
- Used the right ehcmodule for ios 222 rev4. Fixes bugs in metroid prime trilogy for example. Developers be careful, in Hermes' sources don't take ehcmodule.c but ehcmodule.elf instead.
- Fixed the short lag when you select a dol for "alt-dol"
- Added an automatic "anti-002-fix" because some people were complaining about a black screen that was actually caused by an outdated cios. (but the other black screen bug was real on the other hand)

If you have the same bug as KiiNG (bugs on second game, kind of as if you had rev13), and even if it only happens with wiiflow, please reinstall the cios. He'll explain why you should try that better than i would.

Thanks in advance.
Don't forget to send bug reports to me instead of only complaining elsewhere, which would be useless.

PS. Looks like people still don't understand i don't take feature requests. Wait for when i release the source code and hope for some developer to continue it.

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
imapterodactyl said:

There is also a option within the setting to have alphabetic navigation as default. Then it is simply using +/- to navigate via Alphabet. I would find it awkward to navigate a large list quickly without this.

You can also hold B and the directions or B and +/-.
B+A launches game for main coverflow, which is also useful,
B + home reloads WiiFlow.

Been trying the new beta on a more casual basis and cannot cause a code dump or black screen with normal usage, but will try silly stuff tomorrow.

win32rcbot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Merci Hibern for this new release beta!
Hope every one will go on this loader cause it's simply the best !
Bonne continuation et vive la scène Wii française !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next