Hacking WiiFlow

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
zulu12 said:
Hello All,

I have a question but I don't know if it is relate to the topic or not....

I want to make a channel for Wiiflow....

I currently have Wiiflow forwarder and I want to make it become channel....so it will load up Wiiflow without looking for the boot.dol?

Thank You very much....

Get full package and look inside wad section.
There is a 249 and 222 channel wad's there.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
ganons said:
where do i get hq covers? can wiiflow grab em?
Yup, and only WiiFlow. I think you can't acess them in any other way than downloading them straight from the loader.

i didnt see that option it downloaded 160x224
wacko.gif

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
by default it will download the HQ covers if they are available !

you cant access wiitdb and download them individually ! ( not yet anyway )

Benjay is the best man to answer this and i think he has a few times already lol

zulu12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(zulu12 @ Sep 21 2009, 04:44 PM)
Hello All,

I currently have Wiiflow forwarder and I want to make it become channel....so it will load up Wiiflow without looking for the boot.dol?

Thank You very much....

Pakatus - I did check all the wad channel in there but I did not see the one I like. That is why I want to convert my forwarder into a channel.

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zulu12 said:
QUOTE(zulu12 @ Sep 21 2009, 04:44 PM)
Hello All,

Thank You very much....

Pakatus - I did check all the wad channel in there but I did not see the one I like. That is why I want to convert my forwarder into a channel.

Umm.. if you're able to make a forwarder in the first place.. then this should be simple for you. Just embed your .wad with the .dol version you want to run. I can almost guarantee whichever means you used to create your forwarder can do this, too.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I understand people not wanting a "list" view and the reasons behind not wanting one, and that's all good. I now have another question...

I've played around with all of the settings and can't get it to look how I'd like. I've attached a simple image of what I want to do. Basically the cases stacked on their sides with the spine/title facing forward on the left, and the cover front view on the right. Naturally it would have a 3D look as compared to my crappy flat pic, lol.

ThanX in advance for any & all help.

wiiflow.jpg

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
so i tried red steel cod, black screen (tried chanfing settings)
sam and max resets wii
i updated cios to 14 and wiiflow doest detect my hdd

i have 4.0e pal wii

KiiNG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red Steel works if you use the alternate .dol on the disc. Sam & Max wont work, period.

Not to give such a basic response, but you sure you have the usb in the correct port?

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
Ok. I understand people not wanting a "list" view and the reasons behind not wanting one, and that's all good. I now have another question...

I've played around with all of the settings and can't get it to look how I'd like. I've attached a simple image of what I want to do. Basically the cases stacked on their sides with the spine/title facing forward on the left, and the cover front view on the right. Naturally it would have a 3D look as compared to my crappy flat pic, lol.

ThanX in advance for any & all help.

this would be best placed in the Theme forum ( spayrosams started a new one ) ,and spayrosam is always very helpful , also Benjay's carbonik them has them stacked horizontally , so maybe he could advise !

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
KiiNG said:
Red Steel works if you use the alternate .dol on the disc. Sam & Max wont work, period.

Not to give such a basic response, but you sure you have the usb in the correct port?

It was working without me taking out the usb, and when I installed cios14 the usb was still on but now it doesn't work
I have a iomega usb drive

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
geedub said:
by default it will download the HQ covers if they are available !

you cant access wiitdb and download them individually ! ( not yet anyway )

Benjay is the best man to answer this and i think he has a few times already lol

You're right on the 3 points ^^

if wiiflow doesn't download you a HQ cover , it's because it doesn't exist on WiiTDB.
BUT , always remember that the loader looks for covers of your region , and localized.
I mean that if your wii is set up to spanish (for example) , it will try to find spanish HQ fullcover , and if it doesn't find , it will download the EN one , and then if not found , the LQ one (512x340).
But for the moment , there are only a lot of HQ fullcovers for FR , and US on wiitdb.
EN folder is almost empty.......

@D34DLIN3R : Your request might be possible to set up with the coverflow .
i have a similar setup in my theme , but horizontally.
Perhaps i can modify the settings to display covers verticaly.
i'll give it a try as soon as i can access the TV.

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zektor said:
I would highly recommend WBFS Intelligent GUI or the more recent release of ncWBFSTool for manipulating your games. I had similar issues with WBFS Manager in the past, moved on and never looked back (and never had an issue again).
Yes, i can confirm this ...
wink.gif

For cloning i use: http://duchaine.dyndns.org/index.php/wbfsgui.html

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
zektor said:
kLiNiKaL said:
taking a look at the NForwarder source now maybe we could do this ourselfs

edit -- can someone test this for me please

test1

press 1 - ios222-mload
press 2 - ios223-mload
press nothing - loads default 249 .dol from inside the forwarder
There is an issue with the source atm regarding larger SDHC cards. If you works for you, perfect....but I just wanted to throw that out there.
Yes, i am working on this issue, i hope i can fix it in the next days.

Here is the latest hybrid forwarder source with passing the ios arguments: http://github.com/Narolez/NForwarderHybrid

Feel free to use it, it is under GPL2 ... don't forget to release your modified source ...
wink.gif

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hibern said:
QUOTE said:
Wow, just wow. This loader has certainly upped-the-ante on how a Wii app should be. I was quite surprised to hear the banner sounds play when you choose a game. Any chance of an implementation of banner loading? It'll be great to have a small window showing the banner next to the game and having it animate.

I believe this should be easy to do, even if it would require a little more RE, but it's too much waste of time for me, and i guess it would never be perfect.

Ah, I see. It's good to know that it is at least possible.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sidishere said:
im getting black screens every now and then while playing mario kart.
I'm personally testing WiiFlow for Hibern right now, and I've been using Mario Kart as a test subject, because it Black-Screens on almost every occasion. Try entering the settings menu before launching Mario Kart. You can try lingering around, or try changing the video mode to your region. One thing is for sure, if you simply enter the settings menu once, and then launch the game, you will not get the black screen bug. You could also try deleting the titles.ini from your sd/usb, which also might work for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc