Hacking WiiFlow 4 The Masterpiece Pack by Abz

mrmpdale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, fledge I will definitely try that. The 1.3 doesn't seem to have a wii version though so I will try the 1.2.2 like you already have.

Last edited by mrmpdale,

mrmpdale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 1.3 is under nintendo. fledge I tried both the 1.2 and 3.0. I can only get them to run independent froman sd card. It does not work from usb. Are you running your dols from an sd, because all my dols are being ran from usb. It won't run in wiiflow as well but I gather that is because I am launching wiiflow from usb and this version doesn't seem to support it even independendly. (Because I can't even up it up with the homebrew channel. It just kicks me out. Works on sd though. I am unsure how or if it is even possible to run just one dol from sd with wiiflow. I have to change everything which I really don't want to.

Last edited by mrmpdale,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 1.3 is under nintendo. fledge I tried both the 1.2 and 3.0. I can only get them to run independent froman sd card. It does not work from usb. Are you running your dols from an sd, because all my dols are being ran from usb. It won't run in wiiflow as well but I gather that is because I am launching wiiflow from usb and this version doesn't seem to support it even independendly. (Because I can't even up it up with the homebrew channel. It just kicks me out. Works on sd though. I am unsure how or if it is even possible to run just one dol from sd with wiiflow. I have to change everything which I really don't want to.
yes i have everything on SD except my Wii and GameCube games. That may be why it works for me. never tried it on usb.

mrmpdale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah, my sd is pretty maxed out. I have n64, a huge scumm pack, 5 gb alone in private data (because I have wads in every sd slot). Now I could try to delete scumm as I already have it on usb too, but it runs faster from the sd then the usb and I really want to get everything eventually working from a usb anyway. I just think it is easier to transfer that way as I plan to eventually transfer my setup to a wii u. I have everything running from usb very well, except autoloading cps2 games, and problems with a few n64 games crashing., I wish I could figure that out, because that is all I have left to a very good usb setup I think.

Edu64

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi ! , quick question:
force video to ntsc 480p a ntsc gamecube game, in wiiflow, activated progressive patch option in nintendont??
thanks!

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
Three questions after updating my wii (2014):

1-My source menu buttons are smaller than they used to be in my wiiflow old configuration, it is because 16:9 ratio and I was using 4:3 or something more has been changed? If I could do something to make them bigger please let me know.

2-Is it possible to return back to exactly the same source_menu page in wiiflow that the emulator I'm currently using? (e.g., I'm using page 2 for SNES and want to show page 2 when pushing B button)

3-I asked this two years ago and maybe now it is possible: Is there any way to show only my N64 emunand_games? I hate it showing all other VC, channels, and some wiiwares when I only want to see N64. Something like making a new plugging for emunand but telling him to ignore a list of titles that I don't want to be shown?

Last edited by momin,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Three questions after updating my wii (2014):

1-My source menu buttons are smaller than they used to be in my wiiflow old configuration, it is because 16:9 ratio and I was using 4:3 or something more has been changed? If I could do something to make them bigger please let me know.

2-Is it possible to return back to exactly the same source_menu page in wiiflow that the emulator I'm currently using? (e.g., I'm using page 2 for SNES and want to show page 2 when pushing B button)

3-I asked this two years ago and maybe now it is possible: Is there any way to show only my N64 emunand_games? I hate it showing all other VC, channels, and some wiiwares when I only want to see N64. Something like making a new plugging for emunand but telling him to ignore a list of titles that I don't want to be shown?
1 - not sure. 16:9 ratio may make them smaller depending on your tv settings. you could possible make them bigger by editing a theme that you use for wiiflow.

2- no. have you tried sourceflow. it makes the source menu display like a coverflow. goto main settings > startup settings> source menu settings to turn it on. every time you return to the sourceflow the last source should be in the middle just like the other coverflows.

3-use wiiflow's categories. you could put all the channels, vc, and wiiware you don't want into a hidden category or create a category just for your n64 games and when you select it then only your n64 games will show. check wiiflowiki for more on categories.

@Edu64 - yes setting 480p should set progressive on for nintendont. but games that ask you on start to choose progressive will still ask you on start. only some games does the nintendont progressive mode actually automatically work.

Reactions: momin

JHoliness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way I can get the VBAgx plugin to run smoothly? For some reason, any ROM I try is quite laggy. I don't have this problem using the VBAgx app on its own, and also don't have this problem with mGBA (both the application and the plugin I found here work). I tried using the vba-next plugin but that just gives a stack dump error.

FYI, other gx plugins run great (snes9xgx for example).

Squished Squirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to show both Wii and GC games at the same time? What is really bizarre is it happened to me once by accident, and I can't replicate it. It was just after searching for missing covers. Both were showing in the flow. I had seen there were patches on older versions that added that ability... some used different keys on the wiimote to "add" other sources to the list. I don't know if any of those patches were rolled into your version. I've enabled Multisource Features, but I think that is more for plugins? I'm not using any plugins, just the base app and your theme.

I am using 1054 (I believe updated to 1055 online. The Nintendont app is also installed. This is on a Wii-U with d2x-v10-beta52-vWii cios since beta53 won't let me play Wii games off of SD card. I only have a small library that fits nicely on a 32GD SD card.

BTW, thanks for keeping the torch lit on this project.

Squished Squirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, I guess typing out the message got me thinking more clearly. I found that the multi-source feature does need a custom source_menu setup. Created a simple one with Source Menu Editor with just the sources I needed and that immediately allowed me to use the + on the wiimote to select additional sources. I was just under the misconception that it would work with the basic built in source menu.

Still doesn't explain how it accidentally got into multi-source mode on its own that one time, but it's working perfectly now.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

posthum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Abz,

Just wondering if N64 games should be autobooting (ie. skipping the initial menu where you can enter settings, change ROMS, etc and going straight into the game) when using Not64 in masterpack 4.2.3? I noticed a previous masterpack you released mentioned that Drexyl provided a Wii64 autoboot mod so I was wondering if something similar exists for not64?

Or possibly autoboot is in place and my install is just a bit screwy... :)

Thanks! Really appreciate both the pack and the fact that you donate your spare time to support people like me on this forum!

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed this pack (v4.2.3), for the first time, in vWii... Nicely done.
I've noticed that the GC Memory Card Emulation is not Enabled as default, when using Nintendont.
In the "wiiflow.ini" it shows "dml_nmm=1", but the only way that it will work is if I manually turn it on for each game.
Turning it on for each game creates the "gameconfig2.ini". In that file, it sets "dml_nmm=0".
Maybe I read the default settings incorrectly, but I thought 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled, and 2=MultiSave.
If this is true, why is the "wiiflow.ini" setting of "dml_nmm=1" not being accepted as Default?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Just installed this pack (v4.2.3), for the first time, in vWii... Nicely done.
I've noticed that the GC Memory Card Emulation is not Enabled as default, when using Nintendont.
In the "wiiflow.ini" it shows "dml_nmm=1", but the only way that it will work is if I manually turn it on for each game.
Turning it on for each game creates the "gameconfig2.ini". In that file, it sets "dml_nmm=0".
Maybe I read the default settings incorrectly, but I thought 0=Disabled, 1=Enabled, and 2=MultiSave.
If this is true, why is the "wiiflow.ini" setting of "dml_nmm=1" not being accepted as Default?
WiiFlow and Nintendont default options:

* Nintendont is default loader now
* GC mode always enabled
* MC Emu on by default using 2mb files
* Pressing B for Source Menu is enabled by defaut too

These options are now global settings in /apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini so change the default value to your liking
to enable use "yes", to disable use "no"

-------------------
For 1076 mastermod:
-------------------
USB_HID=yes (for Disabling HDD Pinging under [dml] section)
NATIVE_CTL=yes (for native GC controller under [DML] section)
Deflicker=yes (for force deflicker video under [DML] section)
screenshot =yes (for wiiu widescreen under [DML] section)
dm_widescreen=yes (for widescreen patch under [DML] section)

For MC Emulation: (under [DML] section)
dml_nmm=0 for disabled / dml_nmm=1 for enabled / dml_nmm=2 for Multisave
enabled is the default using 2mb files - multi uses 8mb files (one for us/pal one for jap)

For launching Wiiware/VC using Neek2o:
useneek=yes (under [NAND] section)

For using Wii games private server:
private_server=yes (under [Games] section)

-------------------
For 1054 mastermod:
-------------------
USB_HID=yes (for USB Controller under [dml] section)
NATIVE_CONTROL=yes (for native GC controller under [DML] section)
WIIU_WIDE=yes (for wiiu widescreen under [DML] section)

enabled is the default using 2mb files - multi uses 8mb files (one for us/pal one for jap)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. delete \wiiflow\settings\gameconfig2.ini file to restore default configuration
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiFlow and Nintendont default options:

* Nintendont is default loader now
* GC mode always enabled
* MC Emu on by default using 2mb files
* Pressing B for Source Menu is enabled by defaut too

These options are now global settings in /apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini so change the default value to your liking
to enable use "yes", to disable use "no"

-------------------
For 1076 mastermod:
-------------------
USB_HID=yes (for Disabling HDD Pinging under [dml] section)
NATIVE_CTL=yes (for native GC controller under [DML] section)
Deflicker=yes (for force deflicker video under [DML] section)
screenshot =yes (for wiiu widescreen under [DML] section)

For using Wii games private server:
private_server=yes (under [Games] section)

-------------------
For 1054 mastermod:
-------------------
USB_HID=yes (for USB Controller under [dml] section)
NATIVE_CONTROL=yes (for native GC controller under [DML] section)
WIIU_WIDE=yes (for wiiu widescreen under [DML] section)

P.S. delete \wiiflow\settings\gameconfig2.ini file to restore default configuration
I'm using 1054.

As I mentioned before...
...In the "wiiflow.ini" it shows "dml_nmm=1", but the only way that it will work is if I manually turn it on for each game...

I've even tried deleting the entire "/WiiFlow", "/apps/wiiflow", and "/apps/Nintendont" folders from the SD Card, and then adding them back from the pack.

Last edited by TiMeBoMb4u2,

outhere

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the wiiflow forwarder Channel install I have the autoboot on so when you quit a game in wiiflow it comes back to wiiflow and it all works....
Is there anyway to have it come right back to wiiflow without rebooting the whole system basically?......
Is it possible to do a direct launch of a Wii game and have it come back the wiiflow?....

Last edited by outhere,

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update wiiflow and nintendont mastermods using the ones in my sig (always the latest)
Did a clean install of WiiFlow and Nintendont, using your v4.2.3 MasterMod (1054). Then, using your sig, I updated/overwrote the files of the clean install. After loading up WiiFlow and launching a game, Memory Card Emulation is NOT working, by default. Please advise.

Here are screenshots of the initial INIs...

/apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini

ini1.jpg

/WiiFlow/settings/gameconfig2.ini

ini2.jpg

With the above settings, "NMM" shows "Disabled" in the game config screen.
Setting "NMM" to "Enabled" changes /WiiFlow/settings/gameconfig2.ini to...

ini3.jpg

Last edited by TiMeBoMb4u2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0