Hacking WiiDump 1.5

BenieUK

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The next version of superdump (which will be released in a few hours) has the USB writing speed improved to be equal to SD.

Cant wait to test that one out
smile.gif

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
fogbank said:
As mentioned (briefly) in this post:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=93891&st=255

I am getting an "error reading sector data" message at 99% every time I try to use any dumper based on nitrotux and CaitSith2's code (including WiiDump 1.5, WiiHTTPd-do, and Superdump). This happens regardless of whether I dump to SD, USB, or over Wifi.

I am certain that this is related to my Wasabi Zero chip (WiiHTTPd-do worked fine prior to installing the chip). I have tried SuperDump with the same game disc and SD card on another Wii and it worked perfectly.

Waninkoko's cIOS DVD-Dumper v1.2 works perfectly over Wifi on my chipped Wii.

I'm just throwing this out there in case anyone else experiences the same issue. It would be great if someone knew of a code fix for this, but I doubt it will happen (SuperDump is FAST when it works
smile.gif
).
Do the dumps still work? Sounds like the chip won't give access to the very last few sectors of the disc, which are probably unused but that's not guaranteed.

I've never tried the dumps, since they are not the right size. It's possible that the dumps would work, but I wouldn't risk it (I just use Waninkoko's dumper or RawDump instead).

As far as the chip not giving access to the last few sectors, it seems unlikely since Waninkoko's cIOS DVD Dumper reads the whole disc without errors and produces an .iso of the correct size.

If I have some time I will play around with the source of WiiDump 1.3 and see if I can isolate the problem. I might just increase the retry value or something, but I doubt that would work. Or maybe forcing the offset to only read the last sector(s) and see what happens.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd try reading the very last sector and if it fails, keep moving back by one sector until it succeeds just to find exactly where the error occurs.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
The next version of superdump (which will be released in a few hours) has the USB writing speed improved to be equal to SD.

Looking forward to it! Kudos for your work!
smile.gif

zapfbandit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I cant really use WiiDump to USB anyways because i always get the error 'a file is missing' when trying to rebuild
Which file is missing? Is it the last one or another?

QUOTEThe next version of superdump (which will be released in a few hours) has the USB writing speed improved to be equal to SD.
Is it out yet? Where can we D/L it from?

Zapf

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
I'd try reading the very last sector and if it fails, keep moving back by one sector until it succeeds just to find exactly where the error occurs.

The error occurs at 0x118000000. I have re-coded WiiDump 1.3 to only read at that byte location and it fails. It reads fine up to that point.

This issue does not appear to be related to the code from caisith2, nitrotux, et al... In fact Waninkoko's DVD Dumper v1.2 is having the same issue but it does not do the error checking on the WDVD_LowUnencryptedRead calls so it doesn't exit with an error. It simply keeps writing the same 4KB buffer contents to the file after 0x118000000. This affects the last 2.25MB of the .ISO file.

Again this appears to be related to the Wasabi Zero chip I have installed, although I haven't bothered to remove it to see if the error is resolved. It's not worth it for me to mess with it any further.

If anyone else is getting "error reading sector data" messages at 99% with WiiDump or SuperDump they should be aware of this issue.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If anyone's interested in digging further maybe the source code for libdi would be worth a look, since it was written to provide undecrypted read access to discs and be compatible with mod chips too.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
If anyone's interested in digging further maybe the source code for libdi would be worth a look, since it was written to provide undecrypted read access to discs and be compatible with mod chips too.

Excellent!

CODEint DI_UnencryptedRead(void *buf, u32 size, u32 offset);

This could likely be a direct replacement for the WDVD_LowUnencryptedRead function. I may just try this when I get some time
smile.gif

Thanks!

kornsk8er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://wiinewz.com/forums/nintendo-news/95...mp-v1-51-a.html says Make sure the drive you are going to join the ISO is *NOT* FAT or FAT32 (e.g. NTFS) or the join will fail.
well after i ripped all the files to my 8gb sdhc card with this homebrew app, i have tried joining the .bin files on my 8gb sdhc card and on my computer and they both failed. the directory where i tried to join the .bin files on my computer and obviously where i copied the all the "*.bin" files and the "*.bat" and "*.sh" file to my computer is "documents>james's stuff>gaming units>wii software>wii games>wii play" (without quotes) the last folder is wii play because that's the game im trying to burn, so my question is this what does "Make sure the drive you are going to join the ISO is *NOT* FAT or FAT32 (e.g. NTFS) or the join will fail." mean? is that how im meant to format my SD card before i do the rip otherwise the join will fail if i don't? or what then. someone please get back to me

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't revive old threads.

Open a command prompt (DOSBox if you're not using windows) and use the command: copy /b *.bin+*.bin... and so on.

kornsk8er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
Don't revive old threads.

Open a command prompt (DOSBox if you're not using windows) and use the command: copy /b *.bin+*.bin... and so on.
with the Astrix's?, no im not being a smart ass, i have tried dong what your telling me to do before with ISO files and it didn't work, so im seriously not sure.

kornsk8er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
rip them to sd card and copy the .bin files to PC and join on the hard drive as fat and fat32 don't support files larger then 4Gb
im sorry but im a little unclear on what this means, what you be able to explain this in terms a noob would understand?

kornsk8er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kornsk8er said:
longtom1 said:
rip them to sd card and copy the .bin files to PC and join on the hard drive as fat and fat32 don't support files larger then 4Gb
im sorry but im a little unclear on what this means, what you be able to explain this in terms a noob would understand?
wait are you saying join them on my PC hard drive because it wont work doing it on an SD card on a count of it being in either fat or fat32? because i already tried joining them on my PC.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
when you open the dosbox are you in the correct folder as it defaults to the folder where your user profile is stored e.g.

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\User>

kornsk8er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
when you open the dosbox are you in the correct folder as it defaults to the folder where your user profile is stored e.g.

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\User>
when i open it it says microsoft widows... blah blah blah
C:\Users\Craig & Cherie>

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
so change the directory to the one you have the files in.

Google "command prompt commands" or "command prompt basics"

or if you don;t feel like learning, type:

cd..
untill all it says is C:\>

now, put those parts at the root of your c drive then try joining them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg