• Views 1,073,362
  • Replies 3,243
  • Likes 128

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I grabbed it too soon. There was a silent fix for a broken emummc. At least I now know (by making sure fusee could launch it, so I knew daybreak didn't somehow mess up the firmware upgrade) that syspatch does do its job with the latest fusee. I was able to load up anything...

Last edited by urherenow,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CTCaer I changed from "payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin" to "fss0=atmosphere/package3" with latest hekate sigpatches from @impeeza post and even his hekate_ipl.ini but now games that are above my FW don't run while using payload fusee even when I was on FW15.0.0 I could play most FW17 required recent games.

Currently I'm on Atmosphere 1.6.2, Emunand exFat as SD files and FW 16.1.0.

I even tried a clean atmosphere 1.6.2 + latest hekate + impeeza latest hekate sigfiles and his config with 0 content added and same exact result.

Is there a setting in hekate to make games to play on a lower FW than required or some kind of atmosphere setting that I have to force for hekate to load that you could be overriding it's default behaviour?

while using Hekate Fusee payload I don't have to do anyrthing not even use sys-patch, nothing, games equiring FW17+ just install fine with tinfoil and run fine without modding or changing anything.

ps: I also don't want to use sys-patch... And also I removed the game tickets and deleted them and reinstalled with hekate sigpatches with fss0 but same exact result as soon as I put something requiring FW17 it throws a error to go back to home and then shows as corrupt and just putting the fusee payload back the game verifies OK and plays fine...

My hekate_ipl settings:
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

And I'm using atmosphere exosphere.ini:
Code:
[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0

Last edited by guily6669,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@CTCaer I changed from "payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin" to "fss0=atmosphere/package3" with latest hekate sigpatches from @impeeza post and even his hekate_ipl.ini but now games that are above my FW don't run while using payload fusee even when I was on FW15.0.0 I could play most FW17 required recent games.

Currently I'm on Atmosphere 1.6.2, Emunand exFat as SD files and FW 16.1.0.

I even tried a clean atmosphere 1.6.2 + latest hekate + impeeza latest hekate sigfiles and his config with 0 content added and same exact result.

Is there a setting in hekate to make games to play on a lower FW than required or some kind of atmosphere setting that I have to force for hekate to load that you could be overriding it's default behaviour?

while using Hekate Fusee payload I don't have to do anyrthing not even use sys-patch, nothing, games equiring FW17+ just install fine with tinfoil and run fine without modding or changing anything.

ps: I also don't want to use sys-patch... And also I removed the game tickets and deleted them and reinstalled with hekate sigpatches with fss0 but same exact result as soon as I put something requiring FW17 it throws a error to go back to home and then shows as corrupt and just putting the fusee payload back the game verifies OK and plays fine...

My hekate_ipl settings:
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

And I'm using atmosphere exosphere.ini:
Code:
[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0
CTCaer nor GBATemp Condone nor give support on piracy, sorry, there is no so much help we can give you. There IS NO SETTING OR WAY to lower the FW needed by a game because the game itself was build using the libraries and code of the SDK it needs. period.

you can upgrade your setup to FW 17.0.1 without problem, that FW has been full tested with all homebrew an any trouble has been corrected time ago.

Reactions: BigOnYa

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CTCaer nor GBATemp Condone nor give support on piracy, sorry, there is no so much help we can give you. There IS NO SETTING OR WAY to lower the FW needed by a game because the game itself was build using the libraries and code of the SDK it needs. period.

you can upgrade your setup to FW 17.0.1 without problem, that FW has been full tested with all homebrew an any trouble has been corrected time ago.
I'm not directly talking about piracy but rather playing a game on lower FW than I have and always work fine with atmosphere fusee payload so it definitely is something that Hekate is overriding to atmosphere settings since it uses its own settings...

Also like I said even on FW15.0.0 I could play most FW17 required recent games fine without any single difference, no visual glitches, no bad performance or errors by just updating atmosphere+Hekate+Sigpatches but using the fusee payload trough Hekate...

Ps: and there's absolutely 0 need for me to update to FW17+ when I can play all FW17+ required games fine using fusee and can at least use the nice Lineon Conf5 OC... It's Hekate booting method that is breaking this function and who knows when Lineon will show up on discord and update his amazing OC work...

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Probably missing a signature patch needed.
You could just stay on FW17+ and the previous builds of Atmosphere.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably missing a signature patch needed.
You could just stay on FW17+ and the previous builds of Atmosphere.
I used the latest @impeeza posted Hekate signatures and checked the patches.ini and atmosphere 1.6.2, my FW 16.1.0 both fat and exFat are there and any newer FW was there both Fat and exFat.

So either the Sigpatches he posted have something wrong or it's really Hekate booting method that breaks that nice atmosphere feature of running games on a much lower FW cause even without any content on atmosphere, just latest fusee Sigpatches and tinfoil is all it needs to play any FW17+ game on my FW16.1.0 and even most run on FW15.0.0 when I was using it fine...

I bet it's Hekate that overrides something just like it prevents atmosphere from loading automatically the loader.kips that are in kips folder while with fusee atmosphere simply automatically loads them.

But Hekate does allow some custom atmosphere settings to be used if we have them and maybe there could be one that makes game FW requirements to be bypassed but I have no clue, I'm only using some small custom exosphere.ini tweaks and have the Nintendo blocking servers inside atmosphere and the only custom settings I have is USB3.0 enabled, the cheats off and load cheats states, everything else on my atmosphere is not setup...

Ps: for now I won't use Hekate booting method as it breaks one of my favourite features until @CTCaer could shine some light of why is this happening...

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have debugmode active since I ever changed to atmosphere years ago in my exosphere.ini, but I won't use DBI even though I already used it in the past.

Anyway I tried the sys-patch you posted @impeeza and had everything active and the version skip ON and not even with it games requiring FW above 16.1.0 still didn't work, they always give a error and to go back to home screen and then corrupted.

I'm simply back to hekate, fusee payload where everything works.

Also just having the KIP loading line in hekate settings when using fss0 for OC if I remove the loader.kip from atmosphere\kips\ hekate no longer even boots atmosphere and throws a error that there is no loader.kip and can't boot atmosphere LOL...

For me using hekate own boot method with fss0 is just cons and while I'm testing OC I'm constantly changing kips and testing with and without the loader.kip and just reboot atmosphere cause I'm aiming for max undervolt and max ram possible with Lineon Conf5 and at least atmosphere with fusee payload doesn't care if there is a loader.kip or not, if it's there it loads automatically if it's not it just boots without it but the sys_clk will still work at it's normal settings and I have to do this to find what's causing the instability and if without the KIP some level of OC doesn't crash the game...

I'm mostly having trouble with the memories, sadly my Erista can't do 2133mhz not even with high voltage of 1.25v, I'm currently at 1.2v 2099mhz but still not 100% stable but incredibly the GPU undervolting is even giving me more FPS tested on Borderlands 3 with the cheat to disable dynamic resolution so it stays the same...

However I'm still trying to find the best lowest possible voltage values for each GPU frequency that Lineon Conf5 supports for Erista and it literally takes me a lot of days, I'm still on 691mhz and still have to find the proper values for each frequency below that one :ph34r:

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you post your exosphere.ini and your loader.kip?
No idea why you want them, the loader.kip is not finalized yet and I'm using versions above the OC suite since that's outdated, his latest stuff is more private on discord probably because of the persion with a "LION" avatar :rofl2:

Also the KIP can't be configured in the OC suite configurator, you have to use Lineon Conf5 private one...

Latest from the official current OC Suite dev is: sysclk-200b8 + EOS_0.4 (configurator+loader.kip), there are more recent ones on discord for atmosphere 1.7.0 but not from same dev. But instead of the EOS_0.4 I use the Lineon5 Conf5 + sysclk-200b8...
But:
Code:
[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0

This KIP is my latest currently at 2092.8mhz 1.2v on memories with "Erista EMC DVB Voltage at 900" but the GPU undervolting is still not finalized, but the CPU can be set for max unsafe frequency with very low voltage without any performance penalty while normal OC suite just using 1225mv on the CPU it already drops frequency slightly and gives slightly less performance while Lineon Conf5 has way less voltage maintaining full frequency and full performance in fact even higher for me on all testing tools than the OC suite one...

ps: I only changed ERISTA settings, Mariko is all default in this loader.kip (note: you have to rename it to loader.kip)

Attachments

• loader 790v (best) 2092800mhz lower mem.rar
    90.4 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: josete2k

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that your "issue" is related to the loader.kip or maybe the atmosohere that are you loading...
Nop, I tried even on a full clean atmosphere 1.6.2 with latest Hekate + latest Hekate sigpatches with 0 content added, not a single thing on contents folder, nothing and games above my FW still would throw a error when using Hekate fss0 boot method and just going back to fusee payload method every 17+fw required game works fine on my FW 16.1.0...

Even adding latest sys-patch with everything active same exact thing.

I'm simply back to Hekate fusee payload where everything works and I'm working on the OC, increased voltage to 1.212v and currently testing 2118.4mhz currently on loop 8 of long memtest, if it stays good for hours I will move to game testing and if it throws errors will go a step down in mhz B-)

Ps: it really seems to just be Hekate own booting method overriding some nice feature present on atmosphere with fusee payload since it overrides a lot of stuff and even won't boot by just having no loader.kip while having the line in it's config which with fusee it doesn't matter being there or not will always boot...

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Have you tested the 1.7.0 pre release?

If it doesn't work, thats some ips in your patches (as AMS has parsing patches disabled).

If it works, it's a Hekate "issue"

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tested the 1.7.0 pre release?

If it doesn't work, thats some ips in your patches (as AMS has parsing patches disabled).

If it works, it's a Hekate "issue"
Hell no, I'm not updating atmosphere either, 1.6.2 will be my atmosphere for quite some time cause it's either going to FSS0 boot method on Hekate and having to update FW breaking stuff everytime a new game needs a new FW or having to trust someone to mod the fusee payload which not being official anymore it's likely to not be as stable as when SciresM officially had the feature that we could load sigpatches.

Though sys-patch with fusee payload might still work to play games on a lower FW than required, that I have no idea but it's definitely not working with Hekate own boot method using fss0 for me I can still only play games upto my FW16.1.0 and everything above just gives a error...

With fusee payload booting method through Hekate everything just works up to the latest most recent game releases without having to update my emunand 16.1.0 FW...

• Haha
Reactions: RedColoredStars

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.