• Views 1,073,330
  • Replies 3,243
  • Likes 128

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is a silly question that stems the recent “consilozed” switches people have been trying to make

They all seem to be having a similar issue in that they still need a screen of some sort if they want to do anything with Hekate

Well my question is, could hekate be modified to allow control over usb? Could than just load up something like Putty maybe and just do any configuration through there.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
here is a silly question that stems the recent “consilozed” switches people have been trying to make

They all seem to be having a similar issue in that they still need a screen of some sort if they want to do anything with Hekate

Well my question is, could hekate be modified to allow control over usb? Could than just load up something like Putty maybe and just do any configuration through there.
Nop, the early stage of boot where Hekate run is very limited not only on resources but hardware access so if you want something like a network socks, you will need to write everything from driver to hardware to stack for network, for any hekate or console modification you could use the UMS mode and setup anything on your SD Card.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany

It would be nice if we could have access to hekate when the console is docked. And you can't navigate via bluetooth in the rcm, but wired should work. Is this possible? @CTCaer

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice if we could have access to hekate when the console is docked. And you can't navigate via bluetooth in the rcm, but wired should work. Is this possible? @CTCaer
Docked won’t work cause it needs drivers

Nop, the early stage of boot where Hekate run is very limited not only on resources but hardware access so if you want something like a network socks, you will need to write everything from driver to hardware to stack for network, for any hekate or console modification you could use the UMS mode and setup anything on your SD Card.
Hmm gotcha I figured since it had enough access to go into UMS mode it would have enough to do its usual tasks as well, just by receiving commands over UMS jnstead

Thanks for explaining a bit more :)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Docked won’t work cause it needs drivers

Hmm gotcha I figured since it had enough access to go into UMS mode it would have enough to do its usual tasks as well, just by receiving commands over UMS jnstead

Thanks for explaining a bit more :)
The problem is RCM Mode have implemented USB Acces already on it but no network stack. :D

Reactions: TheStonedModder

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is RCM Mode have implemented USB Acces already on it but no network stack. :D
Hmm I think maybe I worded things wrong or maybe I’m just that stoned (sorry if I am)

But why is a network stack needed to send commands over that USB access? Do you need networking to tell hekate to start fix the archive bit if the SD card or maybe even format the SD card for emunand/android ?

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I think maybe I worded things wrong or maybe I’m just that stoned (sorry if I am)

But why is a network stack needed to send commands over that USB access? Do you need networking to tell hekate to start fix the archive bit if the SD card or maybe even format the SD card for emunand/android ?
Network stack would just be nice if you wanted to do stuff over bluetooth/send network commands. (With PuTTY as you mentioned) UMS works by mounting the sd card, and because we're so limited I don't think much can be done while UMS is running.

Reactions: TheStonedModder

Reoseb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello I installed Hekate 6.0.7 and Nyx 1.5.6 correctly and it works.
But everytime I reboot I got this message :

HEKATE ALERT.jpg

I did drag n drop bootloader 6.0.7 folder into my sd card root and hit the ''merge/replace'' button as recommended.
I don't get what I missed.
Ty for your help

Reactions: impeeza

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello I installed Hekate 6.0.7 and Nyx 1.5.6 correctly and it works.
But everytime I reboot I got this message :

View attachment 421493

I did drag n drop bootloader 6.0.7 folder into my sd card root and hit the ''merge/replace'' button as recommended.
I don't get what I missed.
Ty for your help
You need to remove old bootloader and copy in the new. Some old files are still there that it doesn't like.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rofl2: