Gaming Wii U worth it?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Really when its all said and done I think the Wii u will have a better legacy with gamers than the Wii ever had

It definitely does, better exclusives, better multiplatforms and better hardware, then again, the Wii U should have been the Wii.

The only game that Wii U needs part of its exclusives is "Metroid: Prime Trilogy HD Collection" and that's that.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It definitely does, better exclusives, better multiplatforms and better hardware, then again, the Wii U should have been the Wii.

The only game that Wii U needs part of its exclusives is "Metroid: Prime Trilogy HD Collection" and that's that.
Considering they did that on Wii it may be a stretch but I'd love Nintendo HD combos (Galaxy HD collection anyone?)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Considering they did that on Wii it may be a stretch but I'd love Nintendo HD combos (Galaxy HD collection anyone?)

They did for Wind Waker and Nintendo hasn't announced any Wii U exclusives for 2016-2018 so they could release a bunch of HD Collections as that's last few years before Nintendo moves on to their next home console.

I'm still waiting for Luigi's Mansion 2 on Wii U. Curse you Newegg for this!

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did for Wind Waker and Nintendo hasn't announced any Wii U exclusives for 2016-2018 so they could release a bunch of HD Collections as that's last few years before Nintendo moves on to their next home console.

I'm still waiting for Luigi's Mansion 2 on Wii U. Curse you Newegg for this!
Nintendo could release a game for 16-18 range but they haven't announced it yet (Nintendo has acted fast in the past.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely not. Wii sports is one of the bestselling games ever, and not just because it came with the wii. Motion controls added something to the collective memory of gamers that can't be compared with the 2 screen functionality that is rarely used outside off-tv play.
And while third party support sort of died down at the end of its lifetime, there are still some classics to be found on them (no more heroes, resident evil 4, okami, madworld, ...). On the wiiu, it'll be nintendo's products all the way.
Many of the games aren't memorable for me. Though, I will remember motion controls, but mostly as an annoyance beyond making FPSs a bit more enjoyable on console. I think the most memorable experiences I've had on the Wii were SSBB (with Project M and friends), Okami (which is just a port, and done better on the PS3 for the most part), and Metroid Prime 3. Beyond that, yeah there are a few other games I enjoyed on there but nothing that I would consider memorable. Overall, I enjoyed the Wii, but it was a bit insubstantial beyond the motion controls, and those just left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Reactions: RevPokemon

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many of the games aren't memorable for me. Though, I will remember motion controls, but mostly as an annoyance beyond making FPSs a bit more enjoyable on console. I think the most memorable experiences I've had on the Wii were SSBB (with Project M and friends), Okami (which is just a port, and done better on the PS3 for the most part), and Metroid Prime 3. Beyond that, yeah there are a few other games I enjoyed on there but nothing that I would consider memorable. Overall, I enjoyed the Wii, but it was a bit insubstantial beyond the motion controls, and those just left a bitter taste in my mouth.
I agree on motion control except that I didn't like the controls on fps games and I felt the controls using GC controller or classic were better (golden eye 007 remake is a great example of why I do)

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree on motion control except that I didn't like the controls on fps games and I felt the controls using GC controller or classic were better (golden eye 007 remake is a great example of why I do)

Motion controls fps ftw, I played a lot of Wii call of duty multiplayer with motion controls. Maybe you just didn't get it set up right, it takes a lot of fine tuning to get it working the way you want it to. I move up to the Wii U and play black ops 2 and Ghosts now, but was playing MW3 on the Wii a few nights ago. Three of the Wii cod games and I think the 007 golden eye still have online multiplayer working.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Motion controls fps ftw, I played a lot of Wii call of duty multiplayer with motion controls. Maybe you just didn't get it set up right, it takes a lot of fine tuning to get it working the way you want it to. I move up to the Wii U and play black ops 2 and Ghosts now, but was playing MW3 on the Wii a few nights ago. Three of the Wii cod games and I think the 007 golden eye still have online multiplayer working.
Personally the reason I don't like it is that it makes them feel a lot like light gun games which I personal don't care for. Also the only way to play Wii games over WiFi is using a custom server unless you know another way.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm used to using mouse and joystick on my PC. Using a controller is a bit painful for me. The motion controls weren't much better, but I was thinking of Metroid Prime 3, which does it about as well as possible with what it had to work with, in my opinion.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm used to using mouse and joystick on my PC. Using a controller is a bit painful for me. The motion controls weren't much better, but I was thinking of Metroid Prime 3, which does it about as well as possible with what it had to work with, in my opinion.

Well I do prefer controllers. I domt lile using keyboard although that is mainly because I grew up on controllers and really don't PC game but even then the MP2 controls on GC feel much better.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I do prefer controllers. I domt lile using keyboard although that is mainly because I grew up on controllers and really don't PC game but even then the MP2 controls on GC feel much better.
I can't stand keyboard for anything other than RTSs. I prefer my joystick and mouse for FPSs, and controller for everything else. I grew up on a variety of platforms.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't stand keyboard for anything other than RTSs. I prefer my joystick and mouse for FPSs, and controller for everything else. I grew up on a variety of platforms.
Well actually I've my first games were all PC games as I've literally gamed before I was 1 using those educational PC games like Pajama Sam and what not not and only gamed on consoles when I was like 7 or 8 (although I was 6 and a half when I got my GBA)

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did for Wind Waker

They did it for Wind Waker because it was technically (without hacking) the only console 3D Zelda not available to play on the Wii U (counting VC releases for OOT & MM).

But you could pop a MPT disc into a Wii U and play it. I'm not saying they shouldn't HDify it, just that they probably won't do it, figuring you can just use Wii mode to play it.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did it for Wind Waker because it was technically (without hacking) the only console 3D Zelda not available to play on the Wii U (counting VC releases for OOT & MM).

But you could pop a MPT disc into a Wii U and play it. I'm not saying they shouldn't HDify it, just that they probably won't do it, figuring you can just use Wii mode to play it.
Although didn't MPT have a limited release and relatively rare?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I have to wonder if the Wii U can keep its current pace. I think it's already worth buying, but I wonder if it will lost momentum after Splatoon. It's a bit too soon to say, as Nintendo usually doesn't do any major announcements until there's about a year left for the title's release, with exceptions.
Well actually I've my first games were all PC games as I've literally gamed before I was 1 using those educational PC games like Pajama Sam and what not not and only gamed on consoles when I was like 7 or 8 (although I was 6 and a half when I got my GBA)
I grew up with a father that was into gaming long before I was born, so right out of the womb I had access to an A7800, NES, SMS, and a Genesis.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I have to wonder if the Wii U can keep its current pace. I think it's already worth buying, but I wonder if it will lost momentum after Splatoon. It's a bit too soon to say, as Nintendo usually doesn't do any major announcements until there's about a year left for the title's release, with exceptions.

I grew up with a father that was into gaming long before I was born, so right out of the womb I had access to an A7800, NES, SMS, and a Genesis.
I think it can as long as it keeps making good 1st party games which I'm not sure what it has in store for the future (metroid,Zelda are to games latter on that will help a lot)

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it can as long as it keeps making good 1st party games which I'm not sure what it has in store for the future (metroid,Zelda are to games latter on that will help a lot)
I'd like to see more LoZ games (more along the lines of ALBW, not SS) and Metroid games (either side scrolling goodness like Fusion or Zero Mission or a FPS like the Prime series), but I love it when Nintendo comes out with new IP, it's usually interesting and fairly original. Also, I'd especially love to see Nintendo stop teaming up with Team Ninja.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see more LoZ games (more along the lines of ALBW, not SS) and Metroid games (either side scrolling goodness like Fusion or Zero Mission or a FPS like the Prime series), but I love it when Nintendo comes out with new IP, it's usually interesting and fairly original. Also, I'd especially love to see Nintendo stop teaming up with Team Ninja.
I'd personally love it if Nintendo brought back Franchises people forgot about like Chibi Robo, Custom Robo(one of the most underrated fighting series), Elite Beat Agents(use the pad like the D's in the original game), Starfy (His NA debut was a true underrated gem) and Advance Wars.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd personally love it if Nintendo brought back Franchises people forgot about like Chibi Robo, Custom Robo(one of the most underrated fighting series), Elite Beat Agents(use the pad like the D's in the original game), Starfy (His NA debut was a true underrated gem) and Advance Wars.
I still play F-Zero GX for multiplayer shenanigans. It's about the only racing game I really enjoy and I'd love to see it come back as a franchise.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still play F-Zero GX for multiplayer shenanigans. It's about the only racing game I really enjoy and I'd love to see it come back as a franchise.
Honestly it would be easily the most original racer as it is neither Kart or Realistic. That is why I think it has so many fans (at least we got the blue falcon in Kart Wii and Wii U as dlc)

Reactions: TecXero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries