Hacking wii u will not update or boot ssbb

Steo Cullen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. Ok first of all I've searched a lot and can't figure out a solution. I have a wii u here that we previously installed homebrew on the vwii, however my brother bought Mario 3d world and it requires an update to boot. No matter what we do it gives an error on updating via disc or wifi. We formatted the wii thinking it would fix it but it made no difference. Now I found out it could be a problem with an ios and because we formatted it there is no hbc and ssbb will not boot to reinstall hbc it just hangs on a black screen as soon as it's launched. Is there anything that can be done to get the console to work again?

Thanks in advance.

Also not sure if this is the right thread.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Ok first of all I've searched a lot and can't figure out a solution. I have a wii u here that we previously installed homebrew on the vwii, however my brother bought Mario 3d world and it requires an update to boot. No matter what we do it gives an error on updating via disc or wifi. We formatted the wii thinking it would fix it but it made no difference. Now I found out it could be a problem with an ios and because we formatted it there is no hbc and ssbb will not boot to reinstall hbc it just hangs on a black screen as soon as it's launched. Is there anything that can be done to get the console to work again?

Thanks in advance.

Also not sure if this is the right thread.

Yep this sounds like a classic IOS issue. BEFORE we do anything we need to find a way to launch the latest version of vWii Syscheck. Do you have any other exploit launching games you could try to launch that app with? check out this list of exploitable games here and see if you have any in your collection (besides ssbb of course): http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode#Working_exploits

Steo Cullen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. I don't have any of the other games at the minute but I'll visit a shop and try to find one and get back to you.

Steo Cullen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll have lego Indiana Jones later so I'll try to get the homebrew channel back and then I've to find out where to go from there.

Steo Cullen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got the game and I'm now running hbc where do I go from here?

Failed to get the stored tmd for ios 36 is what syscheck tells me.

I'm just dumping the nand for now because I'm afraid to mess with it

Steo Cullen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Never mind I got it working thanks for the help. For those who have the same problem I installed a modified ios236 then used yawmm to reinstall ios36 using the modified ios236. I didn't have my original ios so got one from NUS downloader.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind I got it working thanks for the help. For those who have the same problem I installed a modified ios236 then used yawmm to reinstall ios36 using the modified ios236. I didn't have my original ios so got one from NUS downloader.

Nooooooooooooooooo, you can NOT get the correct vWii version IOS off of nintendo's servers(with NUS downloader).
Please, run Syscheck right away.

Steo Cullen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Syscheck passed and sorry it wasn't even nus downloader it was an external link somewhere but it's all good now running the latest version and Mario 3d world works perfectly. Turned out the ios was for wii and I noticed and found a vwii ios36 after a lot of searching. The wii u was a brick and works absolutely perfect now I thought we needed a new wii u so thanks for the help of running the exploit with another game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1