Hacking Wii U Virtual Console

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the safest way to mod the wii u virtual console? I am wanting to get Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon to play on here, but no clue where to start?

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not possible to get 3DS games on your Wii U, so yeah...

Wii U has only NES, SNES, Gameboy, N64. DS (first one) and Wii as virtual console.

Doctor_U

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh my mistake.

What is the safest way to mod the wii u virtual console to play these games then?
You can use Loadiine( i prefer that) for inject yours games or you can use WUP Installer to install the virtual console but you can only play the virtual console if you boot the wii u so thats why i prefer Loadiine,you doesnt need boot wii u ;)

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The safest way is to buy the games from the eShop. Plus, these games are not Sun and Moon.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can use Loadiine( i prefer that) for inject yours games or you can use WUP Installer to install the virtual console but you can only play the virtual console if you boot the wii u so thats why i prefer Loadiine,you doesnt need boot wii u ;)
You don't need to boot the Wii U? So how do you play on a system that's not even turned on?

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Eh? What do you mean you don't boot the wii u? And how is running a VC title direct off the home menu not better than running it indirectly thru Loadiine ?

oh on second thought i assume you mean you don't have to set up or boot into a sigpatched environment. Guess I've been running cold boot too long I forgot about manual steps to load stuff now

Last edited by snoofly,
Reactions: MichiS97

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
How do you launch loadiine without starting the wii u /s

Also:
Boot > Home Menu > (optional if you don't have CFW: Run a signature Patcher) > Start VC game that you installed with Wup.
or
Boot > Home Menu > Haxchi or Browser Exploit to boot homebrew launcher and hope that it doesn't fail > Run Loadiine > Find game > Select.

Both take a minute so, do whatever you prefer.

Last edited by VioletX,

Doctor_U

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Eh? What do you mean you don't boot the wii u? And how is running a VC title direct off the home menu not better than running it indirectly thru Loadiine ?
Boot the wii u (you will need fw img in the sd and open cfw booster) in my opnion i dont like open haxchi(homebrew channel) and boot :/ but this its my opnion and loadiine is more easy to inject roms.

Check those topics:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-gx2.413823/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/mocha-cfw-the-sweet-chocolate-to-your-latte.452940/

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I currently use Loadiine to play Wii U games - what is the process to do such for these type games?

chalupabatman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same download virtual console loadiine ready (or make your own vc) and put on games folder :)

Oh awesome, I was thinking I would have to do some tweaks/mods to virtual console. I did not know I just needed to get them in Virtual Console Loadiine ready format

Is the directory structure the same for VC games?

Doctor_U

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh awesome, I was thinking I would have to do some tweaks/mods to virtual console. I did not know I just needed to get them in Virtual Console Loadiine ready format

Is the directory structure the same for VC games?
Yes is the same structure and also there have somes program you can inject your own vc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ