Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

Suji_Pyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get back on topic please, this about Wii U hacking, not 3DS hacking, as per stated in the thread label.

Anyways, with regards to tickets, if the tickets aren't hacked properly, it will just refuse to install and not do anything bad to the Wii U, right?
I had a bad ticket and nothing bad happened to my console :)

Reactions: the_randomizer

realg123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys I just wanted to mention over at "that site" there is a new fantastic app its NUSGrabber but all you do is copy & paste the id in the cmd box for example New Mario U would be 0005000010101E00 and it downloads the whole title also the title.tik file alongside, its in the wiiu homebrew section best app yet for this :)

I've took the link down for the satisfaction of the Children that roam here, its causing a lot of upset within the community! ;)

Thank you
installing game updates from Nintendo should be no problem, the only way to be 100% safe though is to disconnect from the internet when you are not using it. Personally I only connect when I actually want to use online features and I put on tubehax dns asap. It is strange that you can download game updates with nintendo servers blocked, when I am using tubehax I cant download game updates.

Thanks I probably have it setup wrong. Is there a guide I can use?

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Now.... to backup this HDD. We all know HDD's don't last forever and it would be nice that if it eventually fails, to be able to just pop in another one. Question is, is there a way to clone the HDD?

Now, I have one of those USB hard drive dual docks. It has a built in hardware HDD clone that does byte for byte.... might try that.

Reactions: realg123

ppeterr

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Now.... to backup this HDD. We all know HDD's don't last forever and it would be nice that if it eventually fails, to be able to just pop in another one. Question is, is there a way to clone the HDD?

Now, I have one of those USB hard drive dual docks. It has a built in hardware HDD clone that does byte for byte.... might try that.

i bet clonezilla can do that easy, sector2sector copy

http://clonezilla.org/

Last edited by ppeterr,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Might be a tad difficult since Nintendo uses some jacked up proprietary filesystem.

I had a bad ticket and nothing bad happened to my console :)

Okay good, haven't tired it quite yet, I have the modded WUP-installer on my SD card as well as the game I want to try, just need to reorganize my USB HDDs :P

Reactions: Suji_Pyo

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
game updates come with public tickets

Updates downloaded with nus already include the tickets and are ready to install to your console.

Thanks guys.
@DespyCL bacán ver a un compatriota por acá XD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I heard WiiU filesystem is a FAT32 modification, maybe in the future we can see a WUFS manager

Reactions: DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys.
@DespyCL bacán ver a un compatriota por acá XD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I heard WiiU filesystem is a FAT32 modification, maybe in the future we can see a WUFS manager
Np, you can install as much games updates as you want.

Haha and yeah, there aren't that many guys from Chile over here :rofl2:

Suji_Pyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be a tad difficult since Nintendo uses some jacked up proprietary filesystem.

Okay good, haven't tired it quite yet, I have the modded WUP-installer on my SD card as well as the game I want to try, just need to reorganize my USB HDDs :P
I already installed 10 games to my HDD, and used some "bad" tickets. Everything is good :)

Reactions: the_randomizer

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Np, you can install as much games updates as you want.

Haha and yeah, there aren't that many guys from Chile over here :rofl2:
In games with a lot of updates (v16, v32, etc) I just need to install the last? Or in the Nintendo servers always be a single update file for last version?

Trophies
Country
Canada
Get back on topic please, this about Wii U hacking, not 3DS hacking, as per stated in the thread label.

Anyways, with regards to tickets, if the tickets aren't hacked properly, it will just refuse to install and not do anything bad to the Wii U, right?
In games with a lot of updates (v16, v32, etc) I just need to install the last? Or in the Nintendo servers always be a single update file for last version?
When I install games, I get the updates from Nintendo. They will let you download the latest update.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I install games, I get the updates from Nintendo. They will let you download the latest update.

Really? I don't need to download the update to the SD card, just flat out install the game on USB, then get the updates? But wouldn't I need to disable the blacklist/update blocks?

Trophies
Country
Canada
Really? I don't need to download the update to the SD card, just flat out install the game on USB, then get the updates? But wouldn't I need to disable the blacklist/update blocks?
I used to block updates when I was a freshman in the Wii U homebrew world. I don't block updates now, because My wii U is off for 6 hours of the day when I am at school and 9 hours when I am sleeping, so by off I mean I pull the power supply from the Wii U in case there is a new update that happens in the next week, next day, or even the next hour.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to block updates when I was a freshman in the Wii U homebrew world. I don't block updates now, because My wii U is off for 6 hours of the day when I am at school and 9 hours when I am sleeping, so by off I mean I pull the power supply from the Wii U in case there is a new update that happens in the next week, next day, or even the next hour.

Well, I have them blocked 24/7, not sure if/when Nintendo will release another firmware update, but I assume I'll need to temporarily disable when I install the game, oh well >.<

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?