Nigleet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Backstory:
-Everything ran smooth up until I made some changes on vWii.
-I downloaded USB Loader GX 2, didn't have SD reading for Wii games so I moved on.
-Got WiiFlow (FIX94's last build), seemed to run fine but I moved on as it did t have Nintendont support.
-Got WiiFlow Lite (latest), ran fine.
-Installed WAD, opened from vWii system menu. System powered down. System then powered up, went through CBHC Autoboot to system menu on Wii u.
-Tried booting up a game in vWii wii flow lite again. Got further in the game then powered down and powered back up again, this time showing the CBHC menu.
-I tried going through menus, playing other games on Wii U and vWii, though it persisted (sometimes autobooting CBHC, others showing CBHC menu)
-I tried manually powering down and unplugging the power source to no avail. The random shut offs had no specific interval. Could have been a few seconds after booting CBHC, or minutes.

-Searched and found nothing like this.

-I took my chance and opened homebrew launcher, uninstalled CBHC, followed by haxchi. Deleted the DS VC game. At this point I noticed I only had 100+ish MB after deleting. Anyways. I questioned if that may have been related, so I deleted a few other things, leaving me with a few GB of free space. I redownloaded the DS VC game and reinstalled haxchi, then CBHC. Everything seems fine at this point. I have not tried the vWii again, out of fear .

Has anyone run into anything like this before?

D

Deleted User

You might installed corrupted vWii wad [Don't quote me on that]
Either your Wii U is overheating and reboots to prevent frying itself.
[Or prevent kernel panic like in Android devices]
Check if your fan is working fine, then launch vWii and let it sit there for 5 minutes, if it powers off again, it's either vWii issue or your Wii U is cooking itself.

Reactions: Nigleet

Nigleet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You might installed corrupted vWii wad [Don't quote me on that]
Either your Wii U is overheating and reboots to prevent frying itself.
[Or prevent kernel panic like in Android devices]
Check if your fan is working fine, then launch vWii and let it sit there for 5 minutes, if it powers off again, it's either vWii issue or your Wii U is cooking itself.
I booted into vWii and deleted the forwarder. Tested nintendont. Seems to be running fine now. I forget to mention that I did check the fans as well.

I appreciate the response. I just wanted to have a basis of what to avoid future forward.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...