BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a time to be alive.

But really now that we have all moved on from the Wii name, seeing the wiiu get a final firm ware update reminds me how much I'm going to miss the Wii as a household name.

Reactions: LightyKD

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good to see its a minimal update. i thought for sure that they would terminate wii u online play with the switch pay service coming soon.

D

Deleted User

Hello my wiiu is in 5.5.1 but the emunand is in 5.5.2, and i can t update to 5.5.3 because of an error, but i remember having the same thing last year and i did something with the ftp to get the emunand update working but i don't remember, if someone know somethinf it would be cool.
Thank you

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
just update and then click on the CBHC icon, launch homebrew launcher and from there launch CBHC installer again. It's that simple
Hey Kumikochan,

There is no CBHC icon, just the Homebrew Launcher one as you say (and from there launch CBHC installer again) plus the former Haxchi that is the one that we shouldn't touch.

For those who have already done it having the FW 99.99.99, did the FW now says 5.5.3 after the update installation?

Regards

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Check if you have a custom DNS enabled or enabled website blocking in your modem settings. Maybe you forgot about those
I don't have any of those. The only thing I remember is editing one system file through FTP, but I can't remember which one was.

Deleted member 408660

Sqikz Sqikz
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey Kumikochan,

There is no CBHC icon, just the Homebrew Launcher one as you say (and from there launch CBHC installer again) plus the former Haxchi that is the one that we shouldn't touch.

For those who have already done it having the FW 99.99.99, did the FW now says 5.5.3 after the update installation?

Regards

CBHC App in the Homebrew Launcher, not the system menu.

Reactions: SrTommy

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey Kumikochan,

Regards
The one you shouldn't touch works as haxchi. You select that, then you load homebrew channel and from there run cbhc installer again

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wasn't understanding you properly...

So you already did it and the new FW is still the 99.99.99?
Yeah i did. I updated then i opened up the cbhc tile " do not touch " and then i opened up the homebrew channel and used cbhc installer again and works perfectly fine. Even had the 99.99.99 thing and still do

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah i did. I updated then i opened up the cbhc tile " do not touch " and then i opened up the homebrew channel and used cbhc installer again and works perfectly fine. Even had the 99.99.99 thing and still do

Interesting... I wouldn't say to touch the "do not touch" one...Just open HBL and install the CBHC over again.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Interesting... I wouldn't say to touch the "do not touch" one...Just open HBL and install the CBHC over again.
HBL wouldn't open without that. The cbhc tile just works the same as haxchi so it ain't a problem. Needed to run that to even open HBL because i would get an error if i didn't. I assume everybody would since therr are no sig patches anymore after the update

Last edited by kumikochan,

Flump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The do not touch icon is perfectly fine to launch. It just puts you into cbhc settings where you can select them so you can select homebrew if needed.

The only people who need to reinstall cbhc are people with EUR systems. USA and JPN never had the system.xml overwritten so they will just work as normal after the update.

Last edited by Flump,

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So in summary, having the EUR WiiU in 5.5.2, with CBHC installed with the FW 99.99.99:
  • We don't need to "prepare" the WiiU, like uninstalling, or deactivating anything as the CBHC or Haxsi or whatever.
  • After upgrading, we just go to the "do not touch", select Homebrew Launcher, and from there install CBHC over again.
  • Everything will keep working and the FW 99.99.99 maintained.
Is this right?

Thanks in advance,

Best

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So in summary, having the EUR WiiU in 5.5.2, with CBHC installed with the FW 99.99.99:
  • We don't need to "prepare" the WiiU, like uninstalling, or deactivating anything as the CBHC or Haxsi or whatever.
  • After upgrading, we just go to the "do not touch", select Homebrew Launcher, and from there install CBHC over again.
  • Everything will keep working and the FW 99.99.99 maintained.
Is this right?

Thanks in advance,

Best
Yes that is correct

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh, Nintendo remembered that the Wii U exists. :o (At other hand, I'm relieved that this update doesn't include any hidden message like 'The online servers are being terminated' or some shit)

I don't understand why the Wii U still hasn't removed the Miiverse with an update, they didn't hesitate to remove TVii when that service was ended. I think a change to the homescreen might be nice too, kinda lame to see all these Miis still gathering but not actually be real Miis with real posts from users. I mean I get that doing anything on the Wii U is a waste of time and resources, but it'd be nice if they could make it a little cleaner for those of us that still regularly use our Wii Us.
Man, they even didn't patch some games that used the Miiverse in some crucial way (Art Academy crashes if you don't disable the Miiverse in the console settings!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...