Wii U, should I leave it on to avoid BSOD?

pikmin-fanatic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a Deluxe Set I bought new in 2012. Died last month with no picture, no Gamepad Sync which, if I understand is a BSOD. I tried the Pi PIco fix and couldn't get it to work.

I bought a used 8GB white system locally and cleaned it. Two questions...is the 8GB system impacted the same as the 32GB system in this way? Second, does leaving the console on always help prevent the issue? I understand it uses very little power.

Thanks!

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is the 8GB system impacted the same as the 32GB system in this way?
No. It seems to affect 32 GB Hynix eMMCs from a specific timeframe only.

does leaving the console on always help prevent the issue?
It is a good idea for all things using flash based storage to power them around all 6 months. We See Wii Us in storage for way longer times without the NAND loosing data through, so this question doesn't have a definitive answer.

Reactions: pikmin-fanatic

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I had a Deluxe Set I bought new in 2012. Died last month with no picture, no Gamepad Sync which, if I understand is a BSOD. I tried the Pi PIco fix and couldn't get it to work.

I bought a used 8GB white system locally and cleaned it. Two questions...is the 8GB system impacted the same as the 32GB system in this way? Second, does leaving the console on always help prevent the issue? I understand it uses very little power.

Thanks!
Leaving the console on would be bad for other reasons. It would increase wear and tear on all parts of the system, including the NAND flash, capacitors, fan, and the main SoC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c