Hacking Hardware Homebrew Wii U Unbricking Help

Bman3990wx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is now after reinstalling the system menu? If so, send me the new logs again or take a look yourself, where it is crashing. The meta.bin contains the number of the log in binary. You have to do modulo 100 to get the name of the logfile

Yes, I downloaded 0005001010040100 from JNUS and installed it from the recovery menu.

And ok I was curious as to how you were getting which log to look at. If im interpreting the data correctly in meta.bin, then we are up to 19 and it looks like its getting stalled on men.pak which I would have thought was part of what I just installed? I also see on the error screen that the wii u is on 5.5.1 Is it possible that I need to get a different version of 0005001010040100?
Post automatically merged:

wat... im an idiot.... that looks the same as the last log...

Try rosalina if you can. I bricked once using ftp with the system menu.
And the theme editor? Can I install that without being able to get into the OS?

Attachments

• wiiu_logs2.zip
    526 KB · Views: 25

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
24 is the current one, but that looks like an udpih boot. The last real boot attempt seems to be 21. It reports
Code:
00:00:02:274: FSA: ### DATA CORRUPTION ERROR ###, dev:mlc01, err:-1245211, cmd:25, path:/sys/title/00050010/10048100/code/app.xml
pretty early, but that doesn't seem to cause it to crash. But it doesn't give any other filenames.

Because the whole directory /sys/title/00050010/10048100 is corrupted, you need to rename it through the wupserver. Then you can try reinstalling it.

Also the mlc checker says /vol/storage_mlc01/usr/save/system/boss/40000000/task.db is corrupted. That is some database, that is creatd and modied on your console (so you won't get it from NUS). Maybe you can just delete or rename it, but I am not sure.

Bman3990wx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at the python code for the wupclient. I don't see anything that sticks out as a directory renaming command. Am I supposed to copy it as a new name with w.cpdir("/vol/storage_mlc01/title/00050010/10048100", "/vol/storage_mlc01/title/00050010/10048100copy") then delete the old directory with w.dldir("/vol/storage_mlc01/title/00050010/10048100")?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the delete won't work, thats why we are renaming it. You can try the delete, but I am shure it will fail.
Isn't there a move or mv command?

Bman3990wx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would have thought it had a mv as well, but I dont see one?

also, it looks like your right. The delete command doesn't seem to be doing anything.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to copy the file overwriting the original, then add permissions to the folder with the -R command on the folder. I do not know if this works with wup, but delete in Linux at least is rm -r for a folder, drop the -r for a file. The -R will give the same permissions through chmod to all files in a folder new or old. Dunno if all that makes sense though.

Bman3990wx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soooo I was using an older version of the client without rmdir. I found a newer one, and it doesnt look like it works the same way as linux as there are seperate rm and rmdir commands. It does have chmod so I could give that a try.

Bman3990wx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried copying the folder overtop of itself, chmod 755, then rmdir but the folder appears to still be there

Bman3990wx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately I don't think wupclient supports that.....

>>> w.rm -r ("/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10048100")
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'r' is not defined
>>> w.rm("/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10048100", -r)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'r' is not defined
>>>

unless I'm doing this wrong

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know if something like sudo is needed. I don't think that works with wup server, but it's to elevate privileges in linux. it's required for both rm and chmod commands.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i would have thought it had a mv as well, but I dont see one?
Here's a version with mv:

Code:
$ python -i ./wupclient.py
0x2a5043
0xfffcffea
0x0
>>> w.cd("/vol/storage_mlc01")
>>> w.ls()
     sys/
     test/
     usr/
     x_corrupt/
>>> w.mv("test", "/vol/storage_mlc01/test1")
WARNING: MOVING A FILE OR FOLDER CAN BRICK YOUR CONSOLE, ARE YOU SURE (Y/N)?
y
moved /vol/storage_mlc01/test to /vol/storage_mlc01/test1
>>> w.ls()
     sys/
     test1/
     usr/
     x_corrupt/
>>> exit()

the folder appears to still be there
rmdir delete emtpy folders only (read the error message, I'm sure it told you "rmdir error : directory not empty!").
So you either have to remove every file inside of the folder first or rewrite wupclient so it does recursive deletion (but do not publish that as it would be too dangerous for noobs).

I think rmdir and rm -r are the same.
No. rmdir will refuse to delete not empty directories while rm -r deletes recursively. These are Linux and not wupclient commands through so a bit off-topic.
I do not know if something like sudo is needed.
Again: We're on the Wii U, not on Linux. There is no such thing as sudo on the Wii U and WUPServer runs with even higher privileges than root.

The same as me, command are not working.
So same to you: Read the error mesage. We can't help you at all when we don't know what the error is.

Last edited by V10lator,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a version with mv:

Code:
$ python -i ./wupclient.py
0x2a5043
0xfffcffea
0x0
>>> w.cd("/vol/storage_mlc01")
>>> w.ls()
     sys/
     test/
     usr/
     x_corrupt/
>>> w.mv("test", "/vol/storage_mlc01/test1")
WARNING: MOVING A FILE OR FOLDER CAN BRICK YOUR CONSOLE, ARE YOU SURE (Y/N)?
y
moved /vol/storage_mlc01/test to /vol/storage_mlc01/test1
>>> w.ls()
     sys/
     test1/
     usr/
     x_corrupt/
>>> exit()

rmdir delete emtpy folders only (read the error message, I'm sure it told you "rmdir error : directory not empty!").
So you either have to remove every file inside of the folder first or rewrite wupclient so it does recursive deletion (but do not publish that as it would be too dangerous for noobs).

No. rmdir will refuse to delete not empty directories while rm -r deletes recursively. These are Linux and not wupclient commands through so a bit off-topic.

Again: We're on the Wii U, not on Linux. There is no such thing as sudo on the Wii U and WUPServer runs with even higher privileges than root.

So same to you: Read the error mesage. We can't help you at all when we don't know what the error is.

I already acknowledged that it uses a few linux commands,, but I know not all worked, so I thought we could at least try them. I was just trying to help. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols