Hacking Wii U Homebrew Wish List - Homebrew Idea Thread

Xuman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the goals we could go for, is having an N64/Gamecube*/DS Emulator running on Wii U before nintendo releases it on VC!
*I know nintendont is on it, but i mean in wii u mode, using the gamepad

**UPDATED**

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about beating Nintendo to the punch with an HD Wii game emulator? :D The did release Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the eshop, but they DID NOT make it HD. :whip:

You could change "-Beat Nintendo at adding N64/Gamecube/DS Emulators to the Wii U" to "-Beat Nintendo at adding N64/Gamecube/DS/Wii Emulators to the Wii U"

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
How about beating Nintendo to the punch with an HD Wii game emulator? :D The did release Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the eshop, but they DID NOT make it HD. :whip:

You could change "-Beat Nintendo at adding N64/Gamecube/DS Emulators to the Wii U" to "-Beat Nintendo at adding N64/Gamecube/DS/Wii Emulators to the Wii U"

...except Wii games are in HD on vWii, are they not?

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohh really... they re-released super mario galaxy and didnt even make it HD?? would definatly be nice to see full HD on wii games

Yep! Here it is.
(Pretty stupid of them not to make it HD.:P)

Most Wii games actually do support HD. Dolphin allows us to test that.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
ohh really... they re-released super mario galaxy and didnt even make it HD?? would definatly be nice to see full HD on wii games
If you ever try dolphin in 1080p with textures filtering and antialising... oh gosh it looks like pure awesomeness wii/gamecube should have been <3

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
And, you get a good long look at each frame. :rofl:
Look for yt videos gameplay of gamecube games in 1080p with hd texturepacks, you will have a jawdropping seeing twilight princess in hd :lol:

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
unfortunatly ive never had a decent enough pc/lappy to try out dolphin at full speed but from the videos ive seen it looks really nice. the only thing i wonder does this need more hardware power to achieve a full HD

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunatly ive never had a decent enough pc/lappy to try out dolphin at full speed but from the videos ive seen it looks really nice. the only thing i wonder does this need more hardware power to achieve a full HD

Get an 8-core Intel i7 2.8GHZ
That can run every Wii game I own at full speed. (albeit at 480p with no filtering or anti-aliasing)

Reactions: jammybudga777

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dunno i guess the wii u is lacking hardware/power? i could be completely wrong.

The Wii lacks the power to emulate gamecube games. Nintendo's solution was the MIOS. That allowed gamecube games to run natively. However, Nintendont runs the games with Wii IOSes in Wii mode, but fixes any commands that aren't compatible. Since the Wii U is so similar to the Wii, I figure that the same approach should work.
Maybe call it "Nintendont U" :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/d7mkQP8