Hacking Wii U Homebrew Wish List - Homebrew Idea Thread

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, it might be, I have no idea if there's any hardcoded table or if you can edit the data files to add another stage, + layouts and etc.
could a person like me with no marketable skills track down the scrt files i think for a random stage in wiiu smash. then figure out if theres a way to decompile 3ds roms ( i'll have to google) and hope the extentions are the same and just rename it or something? or whatever that rom hacking HANS 3ds thing? then use that program that's only for nsmbu, reggieu? then pop the 3ds corneria in that? or would it require a practical knowledge of stuff like rop chains and syscalls.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could a person like me with no marketable skills track down the scrt files i think for a random stage in wiiu smash. then figure out if theres a way to decompile 3ds roms ( i'll have to google) and hope the extentions are the same and just rename it or something? or whatever that rom hacking HANS 3ds thing? then use that program that's only for nsmbu, reggieu? then pop the 3ds corneria in that? or would it require a practical knowledge of stuff like rop chains and syscalls.
Well, most of the knowledge'll come out pretty soon, there's people working on pretty much everything, just gave someone a bunch of text files to help work on documentation

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, most of the knowledge'll come out pretty soon, there's people working on pretty much everything, just gave someone a bunch of text files to help work on documentation
i remember you hooked me with a bunch of tips and probably would of jelped me more if i had stuck with it. then i got kind of demotivated. what knowledge is coming out ?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i remember you hooked me with a bunch of tips and probably would of helped me more if i had stuck with it. then i got kind of demotivated. what knowledge is coming out ?
I dunno what all soneek and dant are working on, but I've seen them work on music importing, a few model/assembly hax, and soneek's working on getting MSBT text working, since they use it for all sorts of things, and I remember in the very beginning they came up with a way to more easily replace files since it's all in 2 giant files from the original game. There's also a public model script for Maya that RTB made forever ago, and other tools for music

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno what all soneek and dant are working on, but I've seen them work on music importing, a few model/assembly hax, and soneek's working on getting MSBT text working, since they use it for all sorts of things, and I remember in the very beginning they came up with a way to more easily replace files since it's all in 2 giant files from the original game. There's also a public model script for Maya that RTB made forever ago, and other tools for music
that should be fun, i've settled on a crap replica in level builder with some ideas taken from the internet but they get in to too much detail.
lousy nintenjerks screwing over corneria fans.

israel192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
All i want is to be able to navigate the menus with my gamecube controller so i don't have to get up to take the gamepad from the charging craddle.

Is that too much to ask?

Reactions: I pwned U!

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Here's an idea about a new cheat searcher:
The searcher would consists of 2 parts. A modified version of TCP Gecko dNET and an .elf that contains all the search and compare functions. The .elf's code must patch the PPC kernel (branching). So every search would pause the game.
That'd mean that instead of dumping the RAM to search for a specific value, the console itself will perform the search and only sends the results to the computer. Here's the scheme:
  • TCP Gecko dNET will tell the system what to search for (value, value size, search condition, search type, memory range)
  • The PPC function will compare every byte, half word, word or double word with the specific value
  • every true match will be sent (including address) to TCP Gecko
  • (when the search is complete the first MBs of the RAM must be dumped to unfreeze the system. idk why, but that's the only way I can unpause paused PPC execution)
  • comparing the entire RAM with a specific value should take less than a minute

• only initial dumps for unknown values will still take longer. To accelerate this process the RAM could be dumped to SD or USB. The results of the following comparisons will then be sent to TCP Gecko as before

Unfortunately I'm unable to modify TCP Gecko dNET that much and I don't know how to make an .elf. But I could try writing the search and compare functions in PPC assembler.

(An idea I have likely mentioned months before) :
There could also be a cheat searcher based on this idea being installed in the home menu (where you can find Miiverse). So you won't even need a computer to search for cheats.
And why not making a patch for the web browser to apply cheats found on the internet?

Last edited by CosmoCortney,

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Software NFC spoofer. Trick the wiiu into thinking you actually have a physical amiibo, skylander, disney figurines without actually having anything physical.

DarkJediRey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically, all i want is a digital backup of Xenoblade X. i tried so many times to get all the add on packs and they always timed out because my internet is booboo. just want to store the disc back in the special ed. box.
but if there was anything else:
  1. psp emulator
  2. ps2 emulator
  3. gamepad support for xenoblade (wii)...not sure if ever possible...pal vc on ntsc?

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware un-spoofer so firmware spoofed system can be reverted back to its original state. I heard this should be possible with an IOSU kernel exploit.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I would like to see this" and "this would actually be useful" aren't the same thing. Almost nobody is going to play Tic-Tac-Toe on their Wii-U because they really have an urge to play Tic-Tac-Toe; it's only good as a demo of what the Wii-U can do. And while people do want to play chess, the Wii-U provides no advantage over using a computer to play the chess; playing it on the Wii-U is still good only as basically a demo.

The things that the Wii-U would actually be useful for are pretty much limited to
  • Piracy
  • Hacking of GC/Wii/Wii-U games (including cheats, running undubs, level editors, etc.)
  • Utilities for use with GC/Wii/Wii-U games (region unlocker, firmware spoofer, disk ripper, etc.)
  • Things which specifically use the unique parts of the Wii-U hardware (which is mostly the gamepad, but which also includes using the hardware for Gamecube games, which is not really the same thing as emulation on a PC).
  • Maybe a *little* bit of emulation or media playing, in case someone wants to run something on their TV and doesn't have an Android device or PC with an HDMI out.

Last edited by Jiro2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright