Hardware Wii U HDD issues

swiitness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
From time to time I get error code 160-2713 with the message saying the HDD is not getting enough power etc however my 2TB WD HDD is powered via an AC adapter and also one of the suggested Nintendo brand/models. It also just over 2 months old and was purchased for the purpose of the Wii U.

I get this error without fail, every time I start up BOTW right after I've loaded a save file.

So I tried copying BOTW from the USB HDD to the internal memory, and then I get error 160-0106 saying the USB storage disconnected.

I have already disabled the HDD sleep mode via system settings.

Please halp.

Graham182

Trophies
XP
Country
I was having an issue with mine with some of the sets of files out there, I think it was the botw update was causing the problem. When I installed the 9.8gb game, tried to launch it, and downloaded the update from the prompt on the wii u it worked fine then.
So try that, install just the game, try to launch it, and update the proper way then.

D

Deleted User

You need Y cable in order to make HDD work properly. [Oh you have AC Adapter, nvm]

Last edited by ,

swiitness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just resorted to installing it to the internal Wii U system memory and haven't had any issues since. I had problems with that too initially because I was trying to "move" rather than just "copy" from external to internal. Hope it helps anyone else having problems with this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo