External HDD not recognized by PC after using on Wii U

basstronaut63

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,
So im new into modding on the Wii U, used the HDD as Storage on my Wii U. Now it won't recognize the HDD when i plug it into my PC.
Any sugsestions? Wasnt even showing up in CMD/Diskpart

Thanks in advance!

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's how's supposed to be. The WiiU applies its own file format to the HDD, that a PC (by normal means) can't read.

Once the WiiU uses the HDD for storage, the Computer won't be able to use it unless you delete all partitions and reformat the drive.

Can't remember though if WiiU USB Helper can see the drive's contents and modify them (i.e. add games, dlcs and so on).

Last edited by CMDreamer,

basstronaut63

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's how's supposed to be. The WiiU applies its own file format to the HDD, that a PC (by normal means) can't read.

Once the WiiU uses the HDD for storage, the Computer won't be able to use it unless you delete all partitions and reformat the drive.

Can't remember though if WiiU USB Helper can see the drive's contents and modify them (i.e. add games, dlcs and so on).
Oh okay i Unterstand! So i have a Bug on paper Mario color Splash. It crashes after the Intro, the only fix i found was del the Intro or rename it. The Game is stored on the External HDD. I will try with USB helper and look If this fix my problem.
Thank you so much!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game