Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Arwinger

Trophies
XP
Country
Spoofing does not protect it from updating at all.
You still need to use TubeHax or block the Update Servers some way.

I see. Unfortunately since I was using my university's wireless internet, I was unable to block their servers with openDNS. well looks like I won't be launching my """"""""backups"""" anytime soon. Thanks for the info.

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Unfortunately since I was using my university's wireless internet, I was unable to block their servers with openDNS. well looks like I won't be launching my """"""""backups"""" anytime soon. Thanks for the info.

You should still set the DNS to TubeHax so it doesn't update to >5.5.1
That should work no matter where you connect.

Someday there will be something that can run under 5.5.1......someday.......

Arwinger

Trophies
XP
Country
You should still set the DNS to TubeHax so it doesn't update to >5.5.1
That should work no matter where you connect.

Someday there will be something that can run under 5.5.1......someday.......

Supposedly, Hykem's IOSU exploit SHOULD work on 5.5.1, but that was supposed to be out on Christmas, supposedly was finished the first week of January, and it's February.

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone please calm down , read the quote above this, and STOP making release dates, it's what Hykem doesn't want, he still somewhat angry about the release dates. Plus i'm actually kind of hyped for my new IOS app coming soon(THE REAL SOON) Follow the app's twitter here : https://twitter.com/NeeshTheDevelop

You're in middle school and developing an app? God damn!

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supposedly, Hykem's IOSU exploit SHOULD work on 5.5.1, but that was supposed to be out on Christmas, supposedly was finished the first week of January, and it's February.
There are others that can do this, if they get interested in it.
Some of the 3DS, wii or PS3 hackers have the talent to find the exploit and use it.

Maybe it's time to give Hykem a break and solicit their expertise.
I'd think all it would take is the right person and the donation of a Wii-U

I have a working 32GB 5.5.1 Base Unit (no controller) I'd donate, if I could verify the person has the skills required, on par with KaKaRoToKS, Graf Chokolo, Waninkoko to name a few.

Techn0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what many people fail to realize is that the system information which Hykem is documenting on the wiiubrew Wiki almost daily is far more important to the homebrew scene than the public IOS hack that so many are awaiting. Documenting all of the memory registers, system calls, and key structures is the real contribution. The information is what is truly valuable. "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, but teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

paulloeduardo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think what many people fail to realize is that the system information which Hykem is documenting on the wiiubrew Wiki almost daily is far more important to the homebrew scene than the public IOS hack that so many are awaiting. Documenting all of the memory registers, system calls, and key structures is the real contribution. The information is what is truly valuable. "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, but teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"
:teach::bow:.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...