Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

D

Deleted User

Does anyone know if there is any loss of quality while converting BFSTM to BRSTM?

I have no idea if there is any B(x)STM editing tool. I've run into another dead end here. I need something that can silence certain channels, read any B(x)STM format (ANY, not every), and help me save the result.

Recommendations welcome.

You mean silencing any channel of a BxSTM audio file?
If so, then you can use a hex editor, for example, HxD, to just fill that specified channel section with zeros, then you should be good.

Last edited by ,

RoadrunnerWMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, right. So in Mario Kart 8, the .szs isn't a Yaz0 compressed SARC, but in other games, it is. I get it now. That's why the GitHub page says that, because it acknowledges the majority... ahh, revelations. :D

Nintendo uses the .szs extension to mean "Yaz0-compressed data," in general. Usually the data is a SARC archive, but there are games other than MK8 that use SZS to compress files of other types. One game even uses SZS for Yaz0-compressed font files (BFFNT).

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nintendo uses the .szs extension to mean "Yaz0-compressed data," in general. Usually the data is a SARC archive, but there are games other than MK8 that use SZS to compress files of other types. One game even uses SZS for Yaz0-compressed font files (BFFNT).
I was talking about how Nikki's GitHub page said that .szs = Yaz0 + SARC archive, but MK8's .szs's weren't SARC archives. She told me that in her reply to me before. :P

Also, any idea in which folder the BFFNT would be? Would be undescribably cool to make a custom font. :D

You mean silencing any channel of a BxSTM audio file?
If so, then you can use a hex editor, for example, HxD, to just fill that specified channel section with zeros, then you should be good.
Do you have experience with it? If so, mind sharing the offsets for individual channels of a BFSTM?

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody have issues with super Mario 3d world? It won't progress past the "you can also play with these controllers" screen. I'm using loadiine v3 on 5.4.

oPolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Boot1 IV has been added to my talk page (before you get all excited, don't. the iv is only useful to decrypt the first 0x10 bytes, given the correct key. we're still missing the boot1 key)

Wut, was it possible to bruteforce the IV? Isn't the first 0x10 bytes encrypted with the key too, and not just XORed with the IV? (Assuming they use AES(or some other encryption) in CBC mode)

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wut, was it possible to bruteforce the IV? Isn't the first 0x10 bytes encrypted with the key too, and not just XORed with the IV? (Assuming they use AES(or some other encryption) in CBC mode)

Presumably, it was reverse-engineered out of boot0, which has been possible to dump for almost 2 years.

canariobr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So what´s with this screenshot by Smealum?

CZcRvewUsAAGRW9.jpg:large

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: