Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Let's get a move on here. This is the same crap tenfold.

Anyway, can anyone provide a guide on how to see an .szs file's contents? I've been trying to open Super Bell Subway's course_model.szs, but even after I decrypt it, I have no tool to open it with. Thoughts?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's get a move on here. This is the same crap tenfold.

Anyway, can anyone provide a guide on how to see an .szs file's contents? I've been trying to open Super Bell Subway's course_model.szs, but even after I decrypt it, I have no tool to open it with. Thoughts?
Mario Kart 8 is special, it's not a compressed archive (SARC + Yaz0), it's just compressed, just need to run yaz0dec on it and you get a bfres

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
One dude mentioned he could decompile fw.img I was wondering if like game update files could be extracted and retracted with the keys. But encrypting is different from signing I think.
You don't need to extract game updates if you use NUSGrabber. ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Mario Kart 8 is special, it's not a compressed archive (SARC + Yaz0), it's just compressed, just need to run yaz0dec on it and you get a bfres
Oh, right. So in Mario Kart 8, the .szs isn't a Yaz0 compressed SARC, but in other games, it is. I get it now. That's why the GitHub page says that, because it acknowledges the majority... ahh, revelations. :D

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
im not two people, quit it please, I was trying to be helpful as a newcomer here and all you guys did was treat me like shit to be blunt about it. Im sorry we argued @lonemoonHD , you seem to be helpful here also but even you carried on with belittling me and insinuating I was a two account fraud even after sonyusa said my screenshot was real and I lost my temper. There is only so much someone can take when they are telling the truth and being called a faker or troll.

I want to carry on here. But my initial experience of GBAtemp has led me to think its a hostile, horrible place to get info, talk or help. Everyone should stop being keyboard warrior dick swingers and understand that we are here for something good.

Hykem is a great guy also, people here should be more respectful of his good nature.

Colton Moore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to use NUS Grabber, but I keep getting the weird 0bx700000 error, or something like that. I installed the drivers they provided...

D

Deleted User

im not two people, quit it please, I was trying to be helpful as a newcomer here and all you guys did was treat me like shit to be blunt about it. Im sorry we argued @lonemoonHD , you seem to be helpful here also but even you carried on with belittling me and insinuating I was a two account fraud even after sonyusa said my screenshot was real and I lost my temper. There is only so much someone can take when they are telling the truth and being called a faker or troll.

I want to carry on here. But my initial experience of GBAtemp has led me to think its a hostile, horrible place to get info, talk or help. Everyone should stop being keyboard warrior dick swingers and understand that we are here for something good.

Hykem is a great guy also, people here should be more respectful of his good nature.

Ignore the morons Dave, I wouldn't waste so much time trying to make them believe you. You and I know what was said, that's enough. They don't believe you, so what man, I won't lose any sleep.

That's my last comment on the subject.

Last edited by ,
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

I'm going to give my thoughts on that one last time. No more offtopic afterwards.

To be fair, I was just mad at that time. I didn't want to argue myself, but I let my feelings get the best of me. It was very childish and I'll make sure that it won't happen again. You have my deepest apologies.

Also, yes, as people said, Hykem couldn't possibly put a limit on an exploit which breaks a console wide open, but I have nothing against Hykem. True, "hindering piracy" doesn't really seem credible as one of his only reasons, but I'll give it a pass, because whatever happens, Hykem is still Hykem. I'm not getting in another twist because of it, it's just how it is with Hykem. It's not worth arguing about anymore until the exploit is released.

Last edited by lonemoonHD,
Reactions: davetheshrew

NotHere

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro I sit here day after day reading each new post..... Idiot me I know. But what makes this so hard is all the irrelevant postings and just plain dumb (small word I could have used others but don't want to offend anyone that much) posts that get added here.

I know it must be hard for a MOD to go and delete them all but you all need to put some efforts on your part and stop! (If you took this personal you probably posting crap)

;)

PS. One step closer I'm guessing with the keys? A lot of people say this and that about the exploit release before February..... But I'm guessing H did release something also :/. I don't really understand all this talk about piracy, I mean who the F cares, but seems to be a big deal. I just hope something does happen before February so I can play some games (yes all I care about is games :/)

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Actually, I got a .szs 0.rarc file, but using BFRES Extractor on it worked, so I'm guessing this time, I'll have to repack everything into the .szs files if I want to mod. :(

Bro I sit here day after day reading each new post..... Idiot me I know. But what makes this so hard is all the irrelevant postings and just plain dumb (small word I could have used others but don't want to offend anyone that much) posts that get added here.

I know it must be hard for a MOD to go and delete them all but you all need to put some efforts on your part and stop! (If you took this personal you probably posting crap)

;)

PS. One step closer I'm guessing with the keys? A lot of people say this and that about the exploit release before February..... But I'm guessing H did release something also :/. I don't really understand all this talk about piracy, I mean who the F cares, but seems to be a big deal. I just hope something does happen before February so I can play some games (yes all I care about is games :/)
You're right, among the trolls and assholes on GBAtemp, it's hard to both stay on topic and not get into a fight. I agree, it needs to stop, but it probably never will, sadly.

Also, piracy is a crime, to some degree. In a nutshell: if Hykem (or any other exploit user) pirated, they technically committed a crime. Crimes = Lawsuit. Lawsuit = Bad.

MrKeplerton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys... bad news...

wiiudev03u3k.png

My gawd, it obviously was a joke.

There are like a million good IRC-clients, and you chose mIRC? ;D

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does anyone know if there is any loss of quality while converting BFSTM to BRSTM?

I have no idea if there is any B(x)STM editing tool. I've run into another dead end here. I need something that can silence certain channels, read any B(x)STM format (ANY, not every), and help me save the result.

Recommendations welcome.

Last edited by lonemoonHD,

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in 5.4.0 currently if I spoof it to 5.1.1 and for some reason I decided to update to 5.5.. is that possible ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I don't know. People hate and down vote everything nowdays. I see it especially on gamestores...