Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Hykem

Trophies
XP
Country
MN1 has developed his own exploit. He won't release anything unless it gets patched by a Ninty update.
So: no drama.

Actually there has been no drama when smea/plutoo jumped in a few weeks ago - Only the users on GBAtemp were raging.
Hykem was just assuming that smea/plutoo would release his exploit and didn't want to reinvent the wheel --> That was proven wrong a few hours later and everything went back to normal, except for some users in here.

Indeed the only place flooded with drama is GBATemp. We (developers, hackers, whatever) all get along nicely.
Marionumber1 is working on his own method to exploit IOSU for which I'm giving a hand, naehrwert has been extremely helpful regarding obfuscation of the exploit and general documentation of the kernel as well as plutoo and smea.
The more distinct exploit paths the merrier so there will always be a stockpiled exploit for emergencies.

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
Indeed the only place flooded with drama is GBATemp. We (developers, hackers, whatever) all get along nicely.
Marionumber1 is working on his own method to exploit IOSU for which I'm giving a hand, naehrwert has been extremely helpful regarding obfuscation of the exploit and general documentation of the kernel as well as plutoo and smea.
The more distinct exploit paths the merrier so there will always be a stockpiled exploit for emergencies.

You're all in this together? (inb4 HSM reference)

Reactions: Deleted User
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You're all in this together? (inb4 HSM reference)
Not to hate, but Hykem himself admitting it should be clue enough. ;)

It's good to know you, as developers, are helping each other out to create this for us. GBAtemp may be melodramatic at times, but in the end, we're all grateful in our hearts. Hykem, I salute you. You have truly brought ephiphany upon us.

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
Not to hate, but Hykem himself admitting it should be clue enough. ;)

It's good to know you, as developers, are helping each other out to create this for us. GBAtemp may be melodramatic at times, but in the end, we're all grateful in our hearts. Hykem, I salute you. You have truly brought ephiphany upon us.

Was kinda the point of the joke, but eh whatever :D

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The more people working on this the better! Keep up the good work and thanks for this!

Reactions: lonemoonHD
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I still don't get what he meant by "obfuscation of the exploit."
Someone could please explain it to me?
"Obfuscate" basically means to take code from something and make it more difficult to decrypt/read.

In the Wiki's words: Programmers may deliberately obfuscate code to conceal its purpose (security through obscurity) or its logic, in order to prevent tampering, deter reverse engineering, or as a puzzle or recreational challenge for someone reading the source code.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It layman's terms, it basically means to make the code as difficult to read and understand as possible (using various methods, such as mixing it with nonsense code, making code deliberately difficult to understand). It is often used to make it difficult to reverse engineer.

The idea is to extend how long to takes for Nintendo to patch it. It may only extend the time by a couple of weeks, but it's worth it.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a simple example of sample javascript code without obfuscation

alert('Hello World!');

and here's one with obfuscation

var _0x2ff9=["\x48\x65\x6C\x6C\x6F\x20\x57\x6F\x72\x6C\x64\x21"];alert(_0x2ff9[0]);

so basically it makes codes harder to read by others

oPolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Obfuscate really just means hiding whats going on.
Instead of creating the numbers 1,2,3 and then print them out: 1,2,3
you might create the numbers 1,3,2 and swap them around and print them. Same result, but harder to understand whats going on. Since Nintendo likely (= ofc) has pretty good debuggers, this will not do much against them, but e.g. against pirates, it might do a lot more. :)

I had to disassemble some malware once... It is standard that the whole logic/payload in the malware is encrypted, so no virus scanner can detect the virus. The only thing that is not encrypted (since it needs to be able to run) is the little part of the virus that decrypts the rest of the virus and then runs it.

Last edited by oPolo,

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Hykem, one important question.
I remember you said about a way to prevent WIIU Update, something like Emunand, @oPolo said we need boot1 to do this and Emunand will not come soon maybe will take too long(months).
My question is: with IOSU we(you or other dev) can create Emunand or something like that SOON?

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo,
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hykem, one important question.
I remember you said about a way to prevent WIIU Update, something like Emunand, @oPolo said we need boot1 to do this and Emunand will not come soon maybe will take too long(months).
My question is: with IOSU we(you or other dev) can create Emunand or something like that?
Yes and no. We don't have a Boot1 key, yes, but Hykem said he was designing EmuNAND a while back. This means that he's probably working towards this goal still.

People don't seem to understand the impact of IOSU exploitation. It gives so many perks, one of them being a possible EmuNAND. Maybe you should reread some Hykem posts next time (I have all of his posts burned into my brain, lol).

oPolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes and no. We don't have a Boot1 key, yes, but Hykem said he was designing EmuNAND a while back. This means that he's probably working towards this goal still.

People don't seem to understand the impact of IOSU exploitation. It gives so many perks, one of them being a possible EmuNAND. Maybe you should reread some Hykem posts next time (I have all of his posts burned into my brain, lol).

An emuNAND solution that achieves the purpose of preventing updates - yes, that is likely.
An emuNAND solution that means people can update their emuNAND whenever new updates come (which is what most people associate with emuNAND), less likely without boot1, as that is an updatable part of the firmwareupdates.

He likely meant the first and not the latter more normally coined emuNAND term then?

Reactions: Antonio Ricardo

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Crediar hinted that he was also working on something similar, a post saying something like "How does UNEK sound for a project name?", referencing SNEEK/UNEEK for Wii.

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Man, i read all hykem posts and you didnt understand.
I follow WIIU SCENE from the beginning, when I signed up did not exist WIIU Scene.
And @oPolo i want to say a REAL EMUNAND to update when a new firmware comes out. The first solution you said to prevent would be spoof? Spoof is very limited now we have full acess on WIIU.
Hykem said will create a way to prevent update and not a Emunand.

Crediar hinted that he was also working on something similar, a post saying something like "How does UNEK sound for a project name?", referencing SNEEK/UNEEK for Wii.

Yep, i read this maybe @crediar can say if he is really working on this.
I dont want see people bricking consoles and shitstorm will start again.

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo,
Reactions: paulloeduardo

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just enter this address " http://wiiu.91wii.com/ " used in the Wii U to run an exploit and operate Loadiine, the first time I had entered, only had access to version 5.3.2, I have noticed that this site now has two more options: 5.4.0 and 5.5+, I wonder if these two last longer work, if someone has tried, and if when it says 5.5+ means that you can run from 5.5.0 to 5.5.1 today, I hope the answer from someone who knows this product and perhaps have tried, thanks in advance.

upload_2016-1-22_13-39-36.png

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country
*SNIP* its also possible to play wii game in HD graphics like dolphin emulator.playing wii game in hd1080p will great fun for game like super Mario Galaxy,metroid,zelda etc.....playing wii game in hd will possible with wii emulator in wiiu homebrew......

I wouldn't count on that as if it was so simple as if it was I would imagine Nintendo would have done it instead of including the hardware.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When isou release by hykem it's highly possible to get loadiine work with USB-HDD.isou will fully mod wiiu and take fully super user access to the console.soon there will be hombrew lancher for wiiu.its also possible to play wii game in HD graphics like dolphin emulator.playing wii game in hd1080p will great fun for game like super Mario Galaxy,metroid,zelda etc.....playing wii game in hd will possible with wii emulator in wiiu homebrew......
ypu cant just make a wii emulator in wiiumode it will have to be a mix of native with emulated kinda like nintendont, it would need to be semi native emulator wich is alot harder since it requires alot of knowledge and we have very few regarding wiiu GX2 so garphics can be the hardest thing.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I just enter this address " http://wiiu.91wii.com/ " used in the Wii U to run an exploit and operate Loadiine, the first time I had entered, only had access to version 5.3.2, I have noticed that this site now has two more options: 5.4.0 and 5.5+, I wonder if these two last longer work, if someone has tried, and if when it says 5.5+ means that you can run from 5.5.0 to 5.5.1 today, I hope the answer from someone who knows this product and perhaps have tried, thanks in advance.
it should be working, but maybe not as you imagined
here's the page for 5.4.0

Toy5zqY.png

and for 5.5.0

XtJZUXV.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work