Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im still looking forward to your release
someone with that avatar shouldnt really be saying things like that, mech.
First 5.4 users get screwed by MarioNumber1, and now we're getting screwed by Hykem?
my favorite part of that is when it never happened.
I think we got screwed badly :(
i'd like to agree, but then i think to myself, who the hell are you?
So you tell another dev team where to look for the bug/exploit and then you act all butt hurt when they actually figure it out and post a screen shot of it before you release it?
if this is how interpret his actions, then its clear that your butt has never hurt, cx.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes nothing because naehwert has the code and wont release. Unless hykem does something, expect nothing from those guys.

Yeh that's the sad part actually ^^, they probably won't release anything till they see Hykem do something, maybe just like with OSDriver kernel exploit, naehwert only released it after MN1 did.

Reactions: paulloeduardo

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we have a mexican standoff? One group found an exploit and won't release, Hykem is butthurt and he quit? I don't see how another group claiming to have found something they won't release should affect his work at all. He should continue as planned and provide the release that he claimed to have ready by February.

Exavold

eeh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Who said I'm butt hurt? This is actually a relief. Having them taking over the Wii U scene saved me from a lot of headaches.
I'm a bit annoyed at myself for tooking longer than I desired, but I always shared what I had.
It was a race to get there and I lost, that's all.
I dont think you get how important this exploit is to the community.

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
So we have a mexican standoff? One group found an exploit and won't release, Hykem is butthurt and he quit? I don't see how another group claiming to have found something they won't release should affect his work at all. He should continue as planned and provide the release that he claimed to have ready by February.
no, from what I read hykem was under the impression those guys were gunning for a public release, so hykem gave them code, but they had no intention whatsoever of a public release, halting hykems work and stopping his progression in the process.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
He's not butthurt, he just thinks they would do the release before he finishes up his stuff, I guess as he said it's a reliefe for him, a way to just break out maybe and take a break from all the responsibility of working this IOSU thing for the scene ?

But based on what zecoxao said, he's probably wrong about them releasing any soon.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Sephirosu

Trophies
XP
Country
To try and shift the topic a little, shouldn't the OP be updated? It doesn't mention jackshit about an IOSU exploit or the fact that it could work on the latest Wii U firmware.

Also I think it's worth mentioning that this is technically the second time naehwert ignited drama via "one-upping" another hacker. First was crediar by reverse engineering the WUP installer (pointless because it eventually became open source), second was Hykem by having a more developed Wii U exploit. Or am I completely wrong about this?

Well not really. The crediar issue aside, Hykem told him about the exploitable points (see his post) which Naehrwert may or may have not used (not even hykem knows, again see his post). What has most people's "panties in a wad" or as someone else said "self entitled whinners... whinning" is the fact that after waiting people are starting to lose hope when one of the dev quits because he feels he's wasting his time because the other devs already develop the iOSu but it so happens that these devs are famous for not releasing things until a gazilion years later because of reasons.

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So again, he should just finish what he started and as he stated before, release the newfound exploit or if they doeesn't work, release what he already had planned for December.

Harmonia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone wants to play backups meanwhile I'm sitting here waiting for the exploit so people can get Cafiine working on 5.5 and I can do some MK8 texture hacks

All I can do is wait. (happy)

Last edited by Harmonia,

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Oh boy. Wiiu drama. Long time no see.

Listen guys, you want piracy? Get yourself a 5.3.2 wiiu, and leave the devs doing whatever they want :D

In the meantime, well, RIP the scene I guess

agiler

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
If they dont release hykem does, what dont you guys get ¬_
If we have to start again I think by Mid 2016 :D
This will not happen just because everyone wants it. I just don't wait for a specific date.
Some day I will enter here and find the xploit announcement. I have a lot o games to play on my ps4 before that. I bought a wii u (5.4.0 mk bundle) to my son and eventually to play Zelda games

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, let me get this straight.
1) Plutoo posts a picture of a wii u pad controller with red screen and 4 characters
2) Everyone goes batshit crazy over that picture
3) Hykem gives up on giving the exploit because he THINKS (denote here, THINKS) that the picture will, consequently, have a release from plutoo and naehrwert.
4) I pm naehrwert on IRC regarding this and he tells me there WON'T be a release and this is just for CTF purposes.

So, on which point do we stand now? Is this a bad fucking joke from all the devs? Because i'm certainly not finding this shit any funny.
So, draw your own conclusions, this scene is more than dead. It's filled with cheats and piracy, and releasing the keys, or not, wouldn't make it any difference. In fact, it would only increase the drama.
I'm out of this, this is not how developers should behave, people should talk and establish conclusions BEFORE making assumptions.

Exactly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong