MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
You completely forgot that IOSU can do everything PPC kernel can do.
A 5.4.0 webkit exploit will be out with IOSU as @Hykem stated, so it is safe to update.
But thers already stuff for ppc kernel not much for IOSU (assuming hyken releases something you can do with iosu along with the exploit, otherwise there is nothing you can do with IOSU when the exploit is released.)

Pioneer2k7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Guys, just let him finish his work, it will be done when it's done. Even if he releases it right now, u wouldn't be able to do something unless you are a developer.

This is just annoying.
Just my 2 cents

D

Deleted User

Be patient guys. He's taking time out of his daily life to give us all IOSU for free. He followed it up with an update and it hasn't been a week since. If I were him the more and more I read the ungrateful people it would steer me away from release. Nothing new though this same shit happens with all the pre hacked consoles.

Reactions: Pioneer2k7

CaptainLoozer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used to keep up with wii hacking on the original system. Bought a wii u last year in hopes that it would be hacked soon and was disappointed that it hadn't been. I just happened to do a little googling yesterday and was surprised to see this announcement. I'm very excited about this exploit and can't wait to play backups. Hope it is released soon.

I still have my mini usb hdd and sd card. Would anything else be needed to come back to the wii hacking scene?

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, just let him finish his work, it will be done when it's done. Even if he releases it right now, u wouldn't be able to do something unless you are a developer.

This is just annoying.
Just my 2 cents
i thought this as well although i heard that since there are private exploits that some people have been using on 5.5 and 5.4 and 5.5 even has a version of loadiine working on it via these private hacks. i would think it would be ported rather quickly to hykems exploit. but im no dev or expert so im just making "educated" (lol) guesses

D

Deleted User

Used to keep up with wii hacking on the original system. Bought a wii u last year in hopes that it would be hacked soon and was disappointed that it hadn't been. I just happened to do a little googling yesterday and was surprised to see this announcement. I'm very excited about this exploit and can't wait to play backups. Hope it is released soon.

I still have my mini usb hdd and sd card. Would anything else be needed to come back to the wii hacking scene?

With the exception of the needed files I would say your good to go.

Hykem

Trophies
XP
Country
So, I've got good news and bad news.
The bad news is that I'm going to postpone the release again. I said this week would be a more realistic release date, but I never confirmed it would happen then. Still, it's not a huge delay and it's definitely not to wait for a new firmware update.
Like I stated before, I have the entire month of January free just to work on this and the exploit will be released and maintained before February (yes, I'm sure of that).
Now the good news, which should explain the additional delay. I need some time to pursue something I found in the MCP module. If I'm correct about this, we should be able to get a boot-time exploit. The reason for that is that the MCP module is responsible for launching "master" titles (like the PPC kernel, for example) and I found a bug that, if it turns out to be exploitable, should allow to hijack execution while MCP is still preparing to launch stuff. This means, early IOSU access and a direct boot into an exploitable environment. Not to mention that MCP is the IOSU user module with most privileges (next to BSP that is) and having access to it alone is more than enough to own the IOSU kernel at any given time.
I believe it's important to look into this because if it works, no one will have to worry about possibly bricking consoles by installing custom titles (homebrew channel, for example) and then attempting to launch them before triggering the exploit again after a fresh boot.

With that said, if this turns out to be nothing, I'll release the exploit right away.

paulloeduardo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The bad news is that I'm going to postpone the release again. I said this week would be a more realistic release date, but I never confirmed it would happen then. Still, it's not a huge delay and it's definitely not to wait for a new firmware update.
Like I stated before, I have the entire month of January free just to work on this and the exploit will be released and maintained before February (yes, I'm sure of that).
Now the good news, which should explain the additional delay. I need some time to pursue something I found in the MCP module. If I'm correct about this, we should be able to get a boot-time exploit. The reason for that is that the MCP module is responsible for launching "master" titles (like the PPC kernel, for example) and I found a bug that, if it turns out to be exploitable, should allow to hijack execution while MCP is still preparing to launch stuff. This means, early IOSU access and a direct boot into an exploitable environment. Not to mention that MCP is the IOSU user module with most privileges (next to BSP that is) and having access to it alone is more than enough to own the IOSU kernel at any given time.
I believe it's important to look into this because if it works, no one will have to worry about possibly bricking consoles by installing custom titles (homebrew channel, for example) and then attempting to launch them before triggering the exploit again after a fresh boot.

With that said, if this turns out to be nothing, I'll release the exploit right away.
Tanks

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis

CoLD BOOT WOOT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes