uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
why people u not use a usbstick with LUBUNTU live? in a modern pc start in about 20second...
With cygwin (if work like linux) u need to care for CASESENSITIVE foo.c and Foo.c is two file (in windows is the same file).
U can mount c: everywhere. And u can use EXPORT for path

Some people just don't like *n*x.

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah cause you know sites can never screw up huh lol

ps: really this damn thing isn't letting me just quite something now stupid ie

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Before people starting installing Linux to run a shell script I guess I just give you the stuff I put together since I'm using Windows and not Linux.

You still need devkitpro, dd, php and python and have to update your paths except for devkitpro.

Code:
%devkitpro:~1,1%:\%devkitpro:~3%\devkitPPC\bin\powerpc-eabi-gcc -nostdinc -fno-builtin -c test.c -Wa,-a,-ad
%devkitpro:~1,1%:\%devkitpro:~3%\devkitPPC\bin\powerpc-eabi-ld -Ttext 1800000 --oformat binary -o test.bin test.o
C:\Python32\python.exe stack_build.py
dd if=test.bin of=stack410.bin obs=432 seek=1 conv=notrunc
C:\php\php stack.php > wiex.html

arbiter34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been a long time *edit*lurker*edit* and am fairly well versed in a few different languages, but am having a little trouble on the webstack side of things. Is my build.sh supposed to generate a folder that I serve with an http server or is it simply the test$ver.html file I need to serve? The test$ver.html file gets placed at ../ (i.e. one dir up).

.... Upon further examination it looks like build.sh(in the build folder) compiles the specified $filename.c to $filename.o which then gets turned into code.o which is embedded in test$ver.html via generate_html.py. I want to make sure I have a decent understanding on how this works.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been a long time *edit*lurker*edit* and am fairly well versed in a few different languages, but am having a little trouble on the webstack side of things. Is my build.sh supposed to generate a folder that I serve with an http server or is it simply the test$ver.html file I need to serve? The test$ver.html file gets placed at ../ (i.e. one dir up).

.... Upon further examination it looks like build.sh(in the build folder) compiles the specified $filename.c to $filename.o which then gets turned into code.o which is embedded in test$ver.html via generate_html.py. I want to make sure I have a decent understanding on how this works.

Okay, so you run the script in the main folder (./build.sh 410 hello.c) and that tells it that you're compiling for version 4.1.0 (or 4.0.X if you do 400), and that it should compile a certain file (hello.c in the src folder, you don't have to give it the path though). It then stores some values and moves the current directory to the build folder, which has a seperate build.sh that it runs and compiles everything, and it automatically moves the compiled html file to your xampp htdocs folder (for me it's C:/xampp/htdocs). You DO have to copy frame.html to that same location though. Then it's a matter of booting up apache and loading the file locally on your wii u.

EDIT: I threw up Hello World on my website for anyone who wants to test on 4.1.0, I'll add some fancy template later :P

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know didly about exploits and heap spraying (i'd like to learn)
but I was able to get rpc up and running.
To all involved! this is super slick! I look forward to just playing around and learning.
debug is so nice with the gamepad right there!

uMZvFxb.png

arbiter34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NWPlayer123, I followed all of that between the two build.sh's and the generate_html.py, I just wasn't sure where it was supposed to get C:/xampp/htdocs path from as build.sh specifies
Code:
export HTDOCS=../
Nonetheless, it appears all that is needed is test$ver.html and frame.html to be served, as the specified C code is embedded in the JS of test$ver.html. It appears that ios.c is simply a test of the IOS_Open function in OSDynLoad_FindExport? Do we have any documentation on WIIU IOS's?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NWPlayer123, I followed all of that between the two build.sh's and the generate_html.py, I just wasn't sure where it was supposed to get C:/xampp/htdocs path from as build.sh specifies
Code:
export HTDOCS=../
Nonetheless, it appears all that is needed is test$ver.html and frame.html to be served, as the specified C code is embedded in the JS of test$ver.html. It appears that ios.c is simply a test of the IOS_Open function in OSDynLoad_FindExport? Do we have any documentation on WIIU IOS's?
Just look at the Cafe OS SDK Documentation. All the functions that you could hope to use are documented there. If you use the RPC script then there's a command that let's you convert those functions into Python functions and use them. That's really the only useful thing this has right now, since we don't even have access to the filesystem.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before people starting installing Linux to run a shell script I guess I just give you the stuff I put together since I'm using Windows and not Linux.

You still need devkitpro, dd, php and python and have to update your paths except for devkitpro.

Code:
%devkitpro:~1,1%:\%devkitpro:~3%\devkitPPC\bin\powerpc-eabi-gcc -nostdinc -fno-builtin -c test.c -Wa,-a,-ad
%devkitpro:~1,1%:\%devkitpro:~3%\devkitPPC\bin\powerpc-eabi-ld -Ttext 1800000 --oformat binary -o test.bin test.o
C:\Python32\python.exe stack_build.py
dd if=test.bin of=stack410.bin obs=432 seek=1 conv=notrunc
C:\php\php stack.php > wiex.html
I've been quiet for a long time. Thanks Crediar, Marionumber1, and others for working on this. I
It is all above my head (actual coding). I am sure Maxternal is around :-) I've had fun catching up by reading this thread. one pertinent comment; cooperate. If it works, run with it ;-)

arbiter34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're trying to get it set up just to see what it does, here: I'll save you some time lol

If that was in my direction, I can see from the code what it does. I am much more interested in what I can make it do.

*edit*

To anyone that wishes to play around with this on Windows, before you go installing apache, just download Mongoose. It is EXTREMELY lightweight and simple, also more than adequate for our purposes.

*edit*

Reactions: pelago

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Because unfortunately this webhost doesn't allow me to use anything BUT their site builder :(. I can't do any of my own scripting, lame I know. Eventually, I will probably set up my own webserver for this purpose....

Are you just going to use static file (no php, asp net, etc) like html? if so github pages should suit you fine.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still can't get the exploit to compile properly so that I can set up a mirror for it. I have Win 7 Home Premium on this machine. Cygwin is installed, as well as devkitpro, and python 3.4.1. I initially tried to run it with everything in their default folders (except the exploit itself) to no avail. I then tried dragging the installation folders for devkitpro, python and Cygwin all into the root folder of the exploit itself, still no change. I also tried dragging everything out of each of its own installation folders and dumping them right into the root folder of the exploit and still no matter what I do, I get stuck at this same exact screen. Never changes, same error every time , never fails. Anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

help.png

It seems to just be an issue with files being out of place, the build shellscript can't find everything it needs to compile this....

Attachments

• help.png
    help.png
    15 KB · Views: 209

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVMvART9kb8