Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
trust me, the exploit will only be released WHEN anf IF they are able to confirm that it was patched in the incomming update, and system updates ALWAYS release in monday evening at Central european time, so no need to be in a hurry

Reactions: Deleted User

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never understood,what is the difference between iosu and kernel ?

The way I understand it (In my complete ignorance I know there is much deeper explanation on a developer level)

Userland exploit - Level 1 = Basic ability to run royalty free homebrew. No access to any hardware (SD, USB etc)---Firmwares up to 5.5.1 --- achieved by running web exploit through Wii U browser. (Either locally by hosting somewhere on your home network, or by browsing to one of many online sites hosting the latest exploits)
Kernel exploit - Level 2 = Access to anything that the kernel (just as it sounds, the heart of the operating system) can access. With this exploit. You can run Loadiine (game backup launcher) and all current homebrew available (save editors, cheat engines, game dumpers... All current homebrew)---Firmwares up to 5.4 achieve by running web exploit through Wii U browser. (Either locally by hosting somewhere on your home network, or by browsing to one of many online sites hosting the latest exploits)
*note* --- There has been video proof on gbatemp showing that a kernel exploit may exist on firmwares 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 but no public release as the time of this posting. There may be a few users on here that have access to this exploit for testing and development.
IOSU exploit - Level 3 = Complete Access to everything that the Wii U operating system can access. This is the holy grail of hacking the Wii U. With IOSU access devs can create homebrew that can access the USB ports. They will be able to make changes to the homescreen allowing for a permanent HomeBrew channel much like the Wii.---All Firmwares up to 5.5.1 achieve by ??? (not released yet. Don't ask for it. You'll get hammered. It has been teased for a few months now with release dates slipping all the time so its a very, very touchy subject. Just watch the forums and see what gets released. Your nagging won't hurry the process!)

Last edited by Kafluke,

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The way I understand it (In my complete ignorance I know there is much deeper explanation on a developer level)

Userland exploit - Level 1 = Basic ability to run royalty free homebrew. No access to any hardware (SD, USB etc)---Firmwares 1.0 - 5.5.1 achieved by running web exploit through Wii U browser
Kernel exploit - Level 2 = Access to anything that the kernel (just as it sounds, the heart of the operating system) can access. With this exploit. You can run Loadiine (game backup launcher) and all current homebrew available (save editors, cheat engines, game dumpers... All current homebrew)---Firmwares up to 5.4 achieve by running web exploit through Wii U browser
IOSU exploit - Level 3 = Complete Access to everything that the Wii U operating system can access. This is the holy grail of hacking the Wii U. With IOSU access devs can create homebrew that can access the USB ports. They will be able to make changes to the homescreen allowing for a permanant HomeBrew channel much like the Wii.---All Firmwares up to 5.5.1 achieve by ??? (not released yet. Don't ask for it. You'll get hammered)
i understand better like this,thanks

Reactions: Kafluke

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
i understand better like this,thanks
to be way simpler, kernel is having access to everything in the main processor of the Wii U, within the limits of what is allowed by the IOSU system on the security processor, and having IOSU access, is controling the security processory (and since you control the security processor, you also remove any memory access restrictions on the main processor), so you can litterally turn off signature enforcement, hardware interface restrictions, and such from IOSU.

Reactions: Kafluke

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
April Fools but only kinda, so I was trying to load the web browser in loadiine to make it easy to get the savedata so I could play around with having it just run code when you open the app and this is v8 which was the very first iteration of the browser on 2.0.0, it displayed that error probably because it didn't have a JIT to use but it is an unedited picture and file
I've put mah truuuust in uuuuuu!!

.....actually called it. [emoji14]

Reactions: Exavold

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to be way simpler, kernel is having access to everything in the main processor of the Wii U, within the limits of what is allowed by the IOSU system on the security processor, and having IOSU access, is controling the security processory (and since you control the security processor, you also remove any memory access restrictions on the main processor), so you can litterally turn off signature enforcement, hardware interface restrictions, and such from IOSU.

See, I told you someone would be along to give a better explanation! Thanks!

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They both can be used to play mods, use loadiine if you don't own the original game, use cafiine if you have the original game.
personnaly i buy all my game,i just want to add flandre scarlet to ssb U so i'll use only cafiine when the exploit will be released

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel that those who have their exploits and are just waiting for it to be patched to release it are stupid. What if Nintendo never finds the exploit? Then It will never release. Plus it might take them a while to patch it even if it is released. Look at how long it took them to patch menuhax I'm sure it will take them to patch that too. Just f*cking release it and quit worrying about it getting patched.

Reactions: Exavold

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1