Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Me too , but I don't think he's Hykem he already posted 3 tweets in just a few minutes (and 2 almost means the same thing) the Hykem we know almos never post anything if it wasn't necessary and his tweets was a lot more informative and complete , also in his github isn't a little odd that he didn't change his tweeter link ? I mean if I would prove that I'm truly back the first thing I would do its to change that and if I'm in good mood return to Gbatemp...

Reactions: Masterwin

undergroundking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Hi all,

Trying to play four players on Mario Kart Double Dash through Nintendont. My two Wii U controllers work, along with one of my PS4 controllers. But I can't seem to have two PS4 controllers connected by USB at a time. Only one will actually function. When I tried doing four players with Mario Party 6, I ran into the same issue. Why is this?

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly sure the reason behind withholding an exploit is partly to allow as many firmwares to be exploitable before it's patched out. That way more people can get in on it if they were to say; find out about the private kernel but have already bought a wii U on 5.6.0 (Not out yet I know.). But since the exploit was still private the big Ninty wouldn't have been able to patch it yet, making their system exploitable.
Buy a Wii U on 5.6? Really? When 95% of the ones sitting on shelves have 5.4 or under? They wouldn't have the time to patch AND update every Wii U ready to ship. You'll be lucky to even find a Wii U on the shelf after this year. I have the choice of three different Wii Us right now that are all 5.4 or less, one of them is on the launch firmware, but it just isn't worth another $200 to get an exploitable Wii U, when I have one right now that can be. So I'll just sit and wait and put my resources into some other things I am working on right now. It would be nice to be able to contribute more to this scene, but apparently Loadiine on 5.4 and below brings enough revenue for people that they don't care if any improvements and advances are made in this scene.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a little hypothetical not saying this happened but suppose one of the April foolers was not fooling and I established contact prior to their banning and I am now sitting here with what is an allegedly a 5.5.1 browser based exploit del550.html and about 5GB of files with no extension when opened in notepad+ looks like hexidecimal to me what would be the first steps at testing and authenticating? PMs welcome.

And Hypothetically I seen a very convincing vid and hypothetically I find this person very credible.

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here is a little hypothetical not saying this happened but suppose one of the April foolers was not fooling and I established contact prior to their banning and I am now sitting here with what is an allegedly a 5.5.1 browser based exploit del550.html and about 5GB of files with no extension when opened in notepad+ looks like hexidecimal to me what would be the first steps at testing and authenticating? PMs welcome.

And Hypothetically I seen a very convincing vid and hypothetically I find this person very credible.
That Video it's real , the only thing that is missing is MN1 Kernel Exploit¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Masterwin

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That Video it's real , the only thing that is missing is MN1 Kernel Exploit¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hypothetically you didn't see this video because it was a skype chat where I watched someone on a 5.5.1 system launch an empty Emunand from the Wii U system menu which I promptly made an offer of a payment should I verify it's authenticity and they after gaining their trust that such payment would be made upon verification sent me these files.

Hypothetically of course, I am not saying any of this happened.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hypothetically you didn't see this video because it was a skype chat where I watched someone on a 5.5.1 system launch an empty Emunand from the Wii U system menu which I promptly made an offer of a payment should I verify it's authenticity and they after gaining their trust that such payment would be made upon verification sent me these files.

Hypothetically of course, I am not saying any of this happened.
Oh Sorry , I misinterpreted the video , I thought it was about Loadiine 5.5.X because it seems nothing care in this forum but Loadiine , my apologies good sir , BTW emunand ? Sounds awesome (:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anybody else getting a system update error? Im on 5.5.1

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
It means that you're successfully blocking Nintendo Updates , nothing more , Read Sticky "Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking before asking something

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be making a documentation thread soon™ (hopefully before the end of the weekend if I'm not feeling too awful) so I can just dump all mine and others' kernel notes somewhere for others to use
Also wanted to post that if you ever wanna listen to the bootup sound for any app, /meta/bootSound.btsnd, open in Audacity, Import -> Raw Data
Signed 16-bit PCM, Big-endian, Stereo, start offset is 12 bytes, 100%, change Sample Rate to 48000Hz
loop point is probably somewhere in those 12 bytes along with maybe a switch for 32K and 48K Hz since DSP supports both

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...