CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Screenshots should be possible. we would hook the end of whatever command refreshes the framebuffer, then copy the framebuffer someplace where we can take our time sending it over tcpgeckos socket.

Might be harder than that, but we don't have to go for speed, TCPGecko is already fast compared to the actual gecko on Wii was, and screenshot taking back then sucked too.

May I ask how much time it takes to dump the entire game related RAM for you? I remember MrBean35000vr had 600kB/s or something, what is slightly faster than the USB Gecko.

May I also post some code type suggestions (like the gecko code type)? I don't know if that might be useful for the devs, but I've got many ideas with new funtions

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only notable hackable games I can think of are Sm4sh, which I have, along with the gamecube adapter, and I used to make model hacks for Brawl, along with BRSTM replacement hacks. The Wii U iteration uses BFSTM correct? I don't know how well my previous modding experience would carry over to the new Smash Bros, where I would look, but I know models exist on Model-resource for Hyrule Warriors...I don't know, I mean, maybe this will give me motivation to get back into the Smash modding as I haven't posted any new mod in months.

Personally I don't know if my skills (or lack thereof) would be of any use for the fine people at kc-mm.

The important thing at this point isn't what you've been able to do before really. It's only relevant if you're learning the new formats and making editors to be able to do those things again with the new games. I've been researching and doing the majority of my edits myself since I don't have time to wait for someone else to figure stuff out. SammiHusky, Dantarion, RandomTBush, and Mathew_Wi are the only other people I'm aware of that have done some Sm4sh research so far, but we really need people to help out if they're gonna be of any help. I sound like a dick, but that's really the case with anything since there are a bunch of unknowns right now, and a lot of people not using they're free time to their best interest.

Regarding the Sm4sh music, it's IDSP stored inside nus3bank archives. IF someone has figured it out already, it's a huge help though (RandomTBush regarding the model format), and the IDSP format has some stuff to be read in the vgmstream source. My revision of revb on Github can build IDSP from mono dsp files already. Just use "revb --build-idsp out.idsp 0.dsp 1.dsp" to build. It only does 2 channel builds for that. It's also had BFSTM building for months now. I'm adding BFWAV once I finish my new BFSAR extractor/injector.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The important thing at this point isn't what you've been able to do before really. It's only relevant if you're learning the new formats and making editors to be able to do those things again with the new games. I've been researching and doing the majority of my edits myself since I don't have time to wait for someone else to figure stuff out. SammiHusky, Dantarion, RandomTBush, and Mathew_Wi are the only other people I'm aware of that have done some Sm4sh research so far, but we really need people to help out if they're gonna be of any help. I sound like a dick, but that's really the case with anything since there are a bunch of unknowns right now, and a lot of people not using they're free time to their best interest.

Regarding the Sm4sh music, it's IDSP stored inside nus3bank archives. IF someone has figured it out already, it's a huge help though (RandomTBush regarding the model format), and the IDSP format has some stuff to be read in the vgmstream source. My revision of revb on Github can build IDSP from mono dsp files already. Just use "revb --build-idsp out.idsp 0.dsp 1.dsp" to build. It only does 2 channel builds for that. It's also had BFSTM building for months now. I'm adding BFWAV once I finish my new BFSAR extractor/injector.

How is that being a dick, you're not, man, you're being honest and I would rather people be honest and upfront then beat around the bush, hemming and hawing with uncertainties. At least I know now, that this is too much of an ambitious desire to "help" when I'll only end up being a bloody fifth wheel. I'm not kidding when I say that, because I wouldn't even know where to begin, or to have a second Wii U I can make a guinea pig, so to speak. Anyways, I look forward to seeing a new SSB hacking scene develop over time.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit...! Right when I want to see how Wii U's going, I happen to be on 5.4.0... Why can't it just be strictly optional like the 3DS is? I barely use my WiiU right now... Might as well go ahead and block the updates anyway just to be safe in the long run.

EDIT: Uhm, is there another way to block auto updates? Some of the domain names are too long for me to input in the website/IP blocker. I also have friends that like to take turns playing Splatoon online, will blocking these prevent online play?

Last edited by Selim873,

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dammit...! Right when I want to see how Wii U's going, I happen to be on 5.4.0... Why can't it just be strictly optional like the 3DS is? I barely use my WiiU right now... Might as well go ahead and block the updates anyway just to be safe in the long run.

EDIT: Uhm, is there another way to block auto updates? Some of the domain names are too long for me to input in the website/IP blocker. I also have friends that like to take turns playing Splatoon online, will blocking these prevent online play?
If you really can't put these URLs into your router-blacklist you have to delete your internet options on your Wii U / disable any Standby activity. (like the Quickstart menu).
In case you have static IP adresses you might use the OpenDNS method but it's the least recommended since it failed for many people.

Reactions: VinsCool

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really can't put these URLs into your router-blacklist you have to delete your internet options on your Wii U / disable any Standby activity. (like the Quickstart menu).
In case you have static IP adresses you might use the OpenDNS method but it's the least recommended since it failed for many people.
I might look at that, but when I get the chance, I'll have to trying using the command prompt to ping them so it'll show the numbered IP and see if those work first.

Dantarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a webGUI that uses NWPlayer123's pyGecko library to provide a web based UI to poke around. It uses the same codehandler, but I am adding features to it to make it better.

For example, WiiU side search!
Normally, on Wii, GeckoDotNet would dump all of the Wii's memory, search through the dump for the value you were looking for, and then show you the results.
I added quickSearch to the codehandler. The codehandler searches through the range of memory of the WiiU side of things, and sends the results to pyGecko, which then presents it to the WebUI.

The result is that I can scan all of a games memory within a minute or so, as opposed to the 15+ minutes it takes to dump all of the WiiU's memory.
Right now it just does an exact match, 4 byte, aligned search, but eventually I want it to be able to do more complex search types.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I made a webGUI that uses NWPlayer123's pyGecko library to provide a web based UI to poke around. It uses the same codehandler, but I am adding features to it to make it better.

Normally, on Wii, GeckoDotNet would dump all of the Wii's memory, search through the dump for the value you were looking for, and then show you the results.
I added quickSearch to the codehandler. The codehandler searches through the range of memory of the WiiU side of things, and sends the results to pyGecko, which then presents it to the WebUI.

The result is that I can scan all of a games memory within a minute or so, as opposed to the 15+ minutes it takes to dump all of the WiiU's memory.
Right now it just does an exact match, 4 byte, aligned search, but eventually I want it to be able to do more complex search types.

Nice! Keep it up! The results are nicely progrssing!

IbbyPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hallelujah! Is there any domain that I can go to to see the in-developement tool and explore the interface?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi