Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Marionumber1 @NWPlayer123
Have you tested golden45 modification yourself?(It doesn't work...)
Yes, I've used it several times. Screen'll go black, it'll print some text about the number of running threads (50 for me), press A to make a new thread and it'll connect to RPC and you can start poking. Make sure to update socket.h and you should be good.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, I've used it several times. Screen'll go black, it'll print some text about the number of running threads (50 for me), press A to make a new thread and it'll connect to RPC and you can start poking. Make sure to update socket.h and you should be good.
Well, I tried again but my IP maybe is wrong in socket.h, My IP is 192.168.0.105 in my computer, I've edited socket.h like this:
/* IP address of the RPC client (in this case, 192.168.1.9) */
#define PC_IP ( (192<<24) | (168<<16) | (0<<8) | (105<<0) )
Is it fine?, also I tried what you said when the black screen appears, I had pressed A button but it doesn't show any kind of text...

Ratskull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I tried again but my IP maybe is wrong in socket.h, My IP is 192.168.0.105 in my computer, I've edited socket.h like this:
Is it fine?, also I tried what you said when the black screen appears, I had pressed A button but it doesn't show any kind of text...
Hide your ip mate

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, shrug. If the python script is running it'll tell you it was connected by <IP> like usual after you press A, and it'll print some text IDR exactly what it says and the thread count'll go up to 51.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Question : I remember MN1 said that with userland we already have access to Wii U's graphics and audio. how far are we from reading movies from USB (at least simple formats for now like avi/mp4 and then we can talk about mkv etc...) ?

BananaMuffinFrenzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bring this up again, but just to be absolutely 100% crystal-clear with no room for doubt:

- If a user is on 5.3.2, there are no longer any known benefits to remaining on this firmware, and they can safely update to 5.4.0
- The same level of control achieved on 5.3.2 can now (or at least eventually) be achieved on 5.4.0 in its entirety

I've been itching to try the new Smash DLC, so if progress with 5.4.0 has for sure become just as consistent with 5.3.2, I'll go ahead and update.

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry to bring this up again, but just to be absolutely 100% crystal-clear with no room for doubt:

- If a user is on 5.3.2, there are no longer any known benefits to remaining on this firmware, and they can safely update to 5.4.0
- The same level of control achieved on 5.3.2 can now (or at least eventually) be achieved on 5.4.0 in its entirety

I've been itching to try the new Smash DLC, so if progress with 5.4.0 has for sure become just as consistent with 5.3.2, I'll go ahead and update.

Seems legit. Especially since there are videos/screenshots of existing hacks being present on 5.4.0.

Anyways, @NWPlayer123 or @Marionumber1 could you please confirm this FW to be as save as 5.3.2?
I'd love to get some more stuff from the eshop, especially an N64 game..

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I don't see how hard it is to turn off the Wii U until that one day lol.. Mines been off for about a year now.. Still on 5.0
Because some of us actually play wiiu games -- Yes, it's possible, surprising, isn't it?

Reactions: Kelton2

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
For a whole week this thread is nearly dead and all of the sudden it's alive again, heh ;P

I know it's a little offtopic (sorry for that) but is there any way to enable constant forum mails when there's a new reply here? Haven't found an option yet besides only being notified once I visited it when there's a new one which is annoying.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hmm, shrug. If the python script is running it'll tell you it was connected by <IP> like usual after you press A, and it'll print some text IDR exactly what it says and the thread count'll go up to 51.
Nope, still doesn't work :/ , however I have noticed something at the compiling time, of course I have fixed the PowerPC-eabi-gcc problem, I can compile fine now, but I noticed that it give me a error when compiling using golden45's loader, here are 3 screenshots, Normal loader is using the normal loader that comes with wiiulib, and the Golden45 compiling is using his loader, the CMD gives me an error when I use the loader of him.
I'm doing something wrong?.

EDIT: Sorry, I think I get confused and I've uploaded the wrong pictures, I will upload the correct ones now, sorry about that :/

EDIT2: OK, after that stupid mistake, here are the correct ones, using Normal Compiler and the Golden45 one, the Golden45's loader give me Error 1.

Attachments

• Normal Loader compiling part1.png
    Normal Loader compiling part1.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 247
  • Normal Loader compiling part2.png
    Normal Loader compiling part2.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 206
  • Golden45's Loader Compiling error.png
    Golden45's Loader Compiling error.png
    26 KB · Views: 222
Last edited by Goku Junior,

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, still doesn't work :/ , however I have noticed something at the compiling time, of course I have fixed the PowerPC-eabi-gcc problem, I can compile fine now, but I noticed that it give me a error when compiling using golden45's loader, here are 3 screenshots, Normal loader is using the normal loader that comes with wiiulib, and the Golden45 compiling is using his loader, the CMD gives me an error when I use the loader of him.

EDIT: Sorry, I think I get confused and I've uploaded the wrong pictures, I will upload the correct ones now, sorry about that :/

EDIT2: OK, after that stupid mistake, here are the correct ones, using Normal Compiler and the Golden45 one, the Golden45's loader give me Error 1.

Looks like a relative directory path to fsa.h is not being found. Find where it is in your and provide the directory path in the include statement.

wj44

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Here's the right loader.h

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To confirm: the kexploit for 5.4.0 is working, and that's what NWP used to test the hacks. You are right.

still gotta wait though, it's horribly unstable.

also, splatoon map viewer from kinnay's editor video;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol