Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

optikalsaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The README in libwiiu explains this. You can run userspace code, which is enough for most homebrew, but doesn't let you poke at other apps.

Just out of curiosity, not wanting to take the thread off topic, is there anything we can do in userspace that cannot be done in the browser as is with web technologies? Currently not in a place where I can look it up myself. Mostly curious at how much Nintendo optimized WebKit since they allow HTML5/JavaScript/ImpactJS game releases in the eShop.

Has anyone tried running the asm/emscripten compiled emulators out there (Retroarch, snes9x, vba, etc) to see how they run on the Wii U browser?

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity, not wanting to take the thread off topic, is there anything we can do in userspace that cannot be done in the browser as is with web technologies? Currently not in a place where I can look it up myself. Mostly curious at how much Nintendo optimized WebKit since they allow HTML5/JavaScript/ImpactJS game releases in the eShop.

Has anyone tried running the asm/emscripten compiled emulators out there (Retroarch, snes9x, vba, etc) to see how they run on the Wii U browser?

I'm not that familiar with what HTML5/JS can do on the Wii U, but I know what our exploit can do. With the browser exploit, you can use graphics, audio (no examples yet), all Wii U-supported controllers (NWF probably doesn't let you use all of them), the network, and potentially even USB.

optikalsaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not that familiar with what HTML5/JS can do on the Wii U, but I know what our exploit can do. With the browser exploit, you can use graphics, audio (no examples yet), all Wii U-supported controllers (NWF probably doesn't let you use all of them), the network, and potentially even USB.

If I remember correctly, NWF does at least give you access to the gamepad and controllers. It's been a really long time since I looked at that documentation. The USB stuff would be excellent though. Thanks Marionumber1!

S

Simonwayneee

[Sorry if this is answered somewhere] Is it safe to upgrade to 5.4.0? I'm asking because NWPlayer's video. (Splatoon Online +TCPGecko)

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
[Sorry if this is answered somewhere] Is it safe to upgrade to 5.4.0? I'm asking because NWPlayer's video. (Splatoon Online +TCPGecko)
It is... kind of!?
I mean, if you desperately need to play online or go to the eshop now and don't care if you'll have the exploits later than you could have had, go ahead!
Else... I wouldn't recommend it!
It's always safer to stay on the lowest fw possible to be able to use exploits, but in the end the decision is up to the user! ;)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This time people can work on DK64 as base for injection, I'm guessing it should possible inject RARE games this time around.

Also depends on what microcodes the game use too, as all the game use the same emulator, but I don't know to what extent the N64 is being emulated, but I can guess that most of it if DK64 is running. Rare did use some very strange and hard-to-emulate microcode, that's for sure :P

I can't wait to see CBFD injected, just to piss Microsoft off XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-