Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
If you would like :P It works, but it just works really weird until we do it properly.
That's enough for me :) Time to update the damn thing xD

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can something like that be made on the original Wii?

I imagine it would be possible, but you'd need individual patches for every game. Doesn't really seem to be worth the effort. UCap itself has proven difficult, since I apparently can't send that much framebuffer data at a time, making it very slow.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine it would be possible, but you'd need individual patches for every game. Doesn't really seem to be worth the effort. UCap itself has proven difficult, since I apparently can't send that much framebuffer data at a time, making it very slow.
Ah, I see. Well I'll be rooting from the stands (especially for UCap). :lol:

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So can I update to 5.4.0 now safely and enjoy homebrew when you guys polish the exploit/kernel hack?
I've been dying to download EarthBound Beginnings since it came out, and I have just enough money on the eShop just sitting there waiting to be expent. :P

Also, do you guys have an ETA on the kernel exploit?
Are you aiming for a TGS release like what you did with the UserLand/E3 thing? :P

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can I update to 5.4.0 now safely and enjoy homebrew when you guys polish the exploit/kernel hack?
I've been dying to download EarthBound Beginnings since it came out, and I have just enough money on the eShop just sitting there waiting to be expent. :P

Also, do you guys have an ETA on the kernel exploit?
Are you aiming for a TGS release like what you did with the UserLand/E3 thing? :P

It works, but partially and still behaves quite oddly, so there's a lot they need to work. You're better off using the Mother 20th Edition ROM hack, the vanilla game requires ridiculous grinding and unforgiving encounter rates, just a heads up lol. :P

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It works, but partially and still behaves quite oddly, so there's a lot they need to work. You're better off using the Mother 20th Edition ROM hack, the vanilla game requires ridiculous grinding and unforgiving encounter rates, just a heads up lol. :P
Yeah it seems like they still have some things to polish before it works like they want it to.
There are some nice things on the eShop that are kinda winking their eye unto me. :P

And you mean Mother 25th Anniversary Edition? :P
I already have that one, I even hacked it a little more and released a fork of it called Mother 25th Faithful Edition. :P

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it seems like they still have some things to polish before it works like they want it to.
There are some nice things on the eShop that are kinda winking their eye unto me. :P

And you mean Mother 25th Anniversary Edition? :P
I already have that one, I even hacked it a little more and released a fork of it called Mother 25th Faithful Edition. :P

Whoops, yeah, that's the hack name, sorry, long day :P The game didn't get the best review, marking down the encounter rate and grinding to be low points x3

Edit: With the recent VC ROM injections...it could be feasible at one point ^_^

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Since you can go online now, I'd like to bring up a rather old topic:
- Wii Games!

There are multiple things that need to be looked at!
First of all, how does booting Wii games from the Wii U menu differ from booting them in Wii mode?

Some games (like the Metroid Prime Trilogy) still show the std message on the GamePad if you press any button on it. Is there a possibility to disable that and "emulate" a WiiMote, so you can play with the GamePad, although they weren't coded to be played with a "classic controller"?

GCN controller adapter support for other games than Sm4sh?
Metroid Prime 1+2 should still (hopefully) have the GameCube code in them, right? So using a controller might be an option!

The Wii U doesn't do it's best at scaling up Wii games, (especially eshop Wii games) either on the TV or the gamepad.
Someone could fix these also, right?

And now something that (according to Iwata) isn't possible:
How about playing retail Wii games with the GamePad's buttons?
(at least for those who used the classic controller)

I think that's enough topics for now! :D
Thanks in advance for the answers! :grog:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...