Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he could just unplug the internet end of the router. Unplug the coaxial for cable /phone cord for dsl. simple no brainer there. with not internet side connected. any computer can act as a router whether the os supports it or not. Software routers FTW

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
he could just unplug the internet end of the router. Unplug the coaxial for cable /phone cord for dsl. simple no brainer there. with not internet side connected. any computer can act as a router whether the os supports it or not. Software routers FTW
He clearly isnt the most tech savvy person, a router would presumably be the easiest method

Reactions: VinsCool

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously guys the easiest way to have a NETWORK without having an internet connection via windows would be a virtual wifi hotspot, using the virtual wifi adapter that's basically installed in windows 7 and up... All you need to do is load up cmd and you can start the connection without internet.. if you need instructions hmu

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously guys the easiest way to have a NETWORK without having an internet connection via windows would be a virtual wifi hotspot, using the virtual wifi adapter that's basically installed in windows 7 and up... All you need to do is load up cmd and you can start the connection without internet.. if you need instructions hmu
So a wifi signal is emitted from the PC? You'd need a network card with wifi for that. Or would it be similar to a bridge

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So a wifi signal is emitted from the PC? You'd need a network card with wifi for that. Or would it be similar to a bridge
Or a recent laptop. This is likely to work with no issues.

Also, this is getting off topic.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good job on derailing the thread again, guys. :)

Some good suggestions have been made about the local hotspot thing but I might go and create an easy video tutorial for this (when I get it working) so that people can stop asking.

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible to edit the stage and menu settings for Smash Bros. Master Hand, the 3 starting points of Master Core (Edges, Beast, and Giant), and the 2 phases of Master Fortress all have specific music settings. We can keep all those songs on Final Destination, but change the songs that load in Classic Mode. If you delete the entries for Classic mode, it'll just choose a Final Destination song and play it all the way through without changing.

All 6 versions of Multi-Man Smash have a specific music slot, which is how Cruel Smash has its own song. So, we can set 6 different songs for Multi-Man Smash.

I successfully added a second song to the table for the multiplayer results screen, with equal probability as the original song. It randomly chooses between the 2 songs I set after a match. The same is possible with any of the single player modes or menus.

Victory themes are stored separately, and can only contain one song. It is possible to edit them though. I changed Ike's victory theme to load "Ike's Theme (Eternal Bond)," and will be changing Roy's theme to "Winning Road - Roy's Hope" if we are able to get updates soon.

I'm working on editors.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, what are the current news on the wii u scene? I've been looking all over but havent been able to find a specific post on the progress. I heard huge news and have had my wii u unplugged since then, but any recent utilities/mods officially released for the wii u directly (not vwii) ?

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, what are the current news on the wii u scene? I've been looking all over but havent been able to find a specific post on the progress. I heard huge news and have had my wii u unplugged since then, but any recent utilities/mods officially released for the wii u directly (not vwii) ?

The 5.3.2 WebKit exploit. There really should've been an announcement about this.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 5.3.2 WebKit exploit. There really should've been an announcement about this.
Yeah I had read that it was going to be released to the public, but I never actually found a post w/ the details of what it could do and how to do it. I know it will take time to even get a homebrew channel sort of thing, but its hard to keep up and get hopes of what it might do. (I know its too early)

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I had read that it was going to be released to the public, but I never actually found a post w/ the details of what it could do and how to do it. I know it will take time to even get a homebrew channel sort of thing, but its hard to keep up and get hopes of what it might do. (I know its too early)

The README in libwiiu explains this. You can run userspace code, which is enough for most homebrew, but doesn't let you poke at other apps.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it the one which can be connected to Caffinee for file replacement??

Since it "doesn't let you poke at other apps", the browser exploit on its own is not sufficient for using Cafiine. However, the browser exploit is needed to run the PPC kernel exploit, which does let you use Cafiine.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it "doesn't let you poke at other apps", the browser exploit on its own is not sufficient for using Cafiine. However, the browser exploit is needed to run the PPC kernel exploit, which does let you use Cafiine.
And is there a post showing how to do this or is this a still in progress ? I would assume that maybe we should start seeing really nice thing by the end of the year, keeping my hopes up :) keeping my self busy w/ 3ds in the mean time any new wii u releases appear :) thank you all for the hard work

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And is there a post showing how to do this or is this a still in progress ? I would assume that maybe we should start seeing really nice thing by the end of the year, keeping my hopes up :) keeping my self busy w/ 3ds in the mean time any new wii u releases appear :) thank you all for the hard work

There is a video of Cafiine in action, but you still can't use it yet:

libwiiu's README explains how to write and run userspace C code.

Reactions: Margen67

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To enable the Virtual adapter open the "Run" dialogue ("Windows key"+ "R")

Then open the Command Prompt (type in "cmd" and click "Enter")

Once CMD is open type in the following command:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Hotspot key=Password keyUsage=persistent

Where "Hotspot" is the SSID (the name of your connection) and "Password" is the password locking the connection.

Once this is done, you have enabled the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter!

Easy Network Without Internet.. Nothing to install just follow these simple instructions and you're good to go..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey