Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea exactly. Could you use a program like that to send a corrupt/modified image through the front facing camera and open up a vulnerability?

In theory, yes. However, we'd have to find such a vulnerability first (probably not an easy task), and even if it could be exploited, it would be hard to do anything useful unless we were in a WebKit process, due to the far more stringent NX enforcement.

Reactions: Margen67
D

Deleted User

I know everyone here wanna know this, like how you know where to start and everything, like go back to when you was a novice

how do you know all this, do you research and stuff?

Of course we all want to know how this is done and hopefully they have some nice documentation ready for the release of their new exploit. Again, I think it is a very wide topic, so it might be hard to cover everything.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did another thing
WiiUMenu4.jpg

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this with the kernel exploit or have you guys figured out IOSU? Or are you showing us your Photoshop skills?

If there's an IOSU exploit, that'd be news to me. :P Since Cafiine simply redirects FS access, and the System Menu uses the filesystem just as games do, the kernel exploit is able to do this kind of replacement.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there's an IOSU exploit, that'd be news to me. :P Since Cafiine simply redirects FS access, and the System Menu uses the filesystem just as games do, the kernel exploit is able to do this kind of replacement.

CafiineMagic.png

Ok, thanks guys, that's really cool! Now next question, is this mod persistent? As in, will it be there again every time you launch the kernel exploit from the web browser? Because if that's the case a Homebru channel would actually seem very feasible!

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks guys, that's really cool! Now next question, is this mod persistent? As in, will it be there again every time you launch the kernel exploit from the web browser? Because if that's the case a Homebru channel would actually seem very feasible!

You need to reload the menu, which means loading up a game and going back the system menu, so no, you can't do it directly after you run a kernel exploit/Cafiine(unless you find it in memory or something). Also, it doesn't affect icons like the browser and such, only ones with tiles.

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When you release your exploit and afterwards Nintendo releases an update which patches the exploit, then we won't be able to use eshop, right?? That means we wouldn't be able to download game updates or buy dlc's. Are you working on any solution for this problem?? Like emunand, firmware spoofing etc.??
Thanks for your hard work!!

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you release your exploit and afterwards Nintendo releases an update which patches the exploit, then we won't be able to use eshop, right?? That means we wouldn't be able to download game updates or buy dlc's. Are you working on any solution for this problem?? Like emunand, firmware spoofing etc.??
Thanks for your hard work!!

Yes, it's planned, not sure how far after release it'll be. Given Hykem's past history I wouldn't say more than a month or two after release for IOSU exploit/emuNAND (of course I'm probably going to be horribly horribly wrong and am getting people's hopes up but oh well)

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well that's fantastic. Doesn't matter if it'll be needing more time in the end. The important thing is that you are working on it at all. Thanks so much to everyone working on the exploits!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!