Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NWPlayer123 and MN1:

Emunand will be released in June too with kernel exploit?
Or need IOSU to create a Emunand and we have to wait more?
If released and dont need IOSU, we cant play original games through Emunand?
Would be a good idea because i could update Emunand without mess Realnand and no message to update if Nintendo release 5.3.3 for example or im talking something wrong?
Playing my original games through Emunand i think most people waiting more patient until IOSU release.

We do need an IOSU exploit for emuNAND, and I'm not sure how long it will take to get one on the current firmware. That's not the main priority of most of us right now, Hykem is the one (sporadically) working on it.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
you really dont no what an emunand is?? the wii u nand is 8GB and can only install so much too it an emunand would be a clone of your real nand but with no limitations of size except the size of your hard drive (have a look at the oringinal wii emunand) it would be exactly the same kinda thing

So, I think what I said was correct:
some kind of a custom(clone, second, etc.) nand emulated on a console

Reactions: Margen67

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
We do need an IOSU exploit for emuNAND, and I'm not sure how long it will take to get one on the current firmware. That's not the main priority of most of us right now, Hykem is the one (sporadically) working on it.

Yeah, I think your main priority is finishing up the kernel and webkit exploits, right?
I just can't say how polite you're guys, you work so hard on exploits and then share it with us and put yourselves in risky situations... thank you guys!

Reactions: Zidapi

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think your main priority is finishing up the kernel and webkit exploits, right?

Yeah, it's that as well as working on things like USB mass storage and homebrew loading.

I just can't say how polite you're guys, you work so hard on exploits and then share it with us and put yourselves in risky situations... thank you guys!

You're welcome. :)

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand will be released in June too with kernel exploit?
Or need IOSU to create a Emunand and we have to wait more?
If released and dont need IOSU, we cant play original games through Emunand?
Would be a good idea because i could update Emunand without mess Realnand and no message to update if Nintendo release 5.3.3 for example or im talking something wrong?
Playing my original games through Emunand i think most people waiting more patient until IOSU release.

No, an IOSU exploit isn't even close to ready, much less emuNAND, and it does require it. The way it'll probably work is that you download the latest OSv11 (and whatever else the NAND has on it), store that on an SD/USB, possibly update the eMMC's apps for things like eShop, and then "reboot" the system to use the SD/USB NAND files.
EDIT: Actually, that could get messy. The way it'd probably work is to dump NAND files onto SD/USB, patch IOSU to use those files (obtaining emuNAND), then update using the official update process which should update the files on SD/USB instead, along with the needed system apps on eMMC. Then you should be good to go, rebooting into emuNAND as needed.

Reactions: Margen67 and Vappy

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the Wii U have a SD Card Slot in the front? I'm on it now. I just wish I could combine all the memory or split games across SD Cards.

It does have an SD card slot, but only certain games with specific SD permission can access it. USB looks far more promising, and may let us access storage devices.

Reactions: Margen67

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that everything is exploitable, it's only a matter of if hackers are interested. :lol:
I think all it takes to exploit the game is just access to the code. You can just change some lines that has not so much security and just go crazy with them. The same thing that happened with the stage builder in SSBB. There was code so we broke it. But I'm pretty sure it's more complex than that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1