• Replies 242
  • Likes 3

xen20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Well, that was quick. Was that a one month deal? Not interested in the Wii U yet, but perhaps this opens more features that could make me interested in such. And a console thats fully open to you to exploit is always nice, of course.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very excited about this, the possibilities are staggering. Never would have expected it to be this quick, but I'm not going to complain.

As for the piracy thing, its a price vs convience thing for me. As examples, I could download everything on netflix, but its cheap and easy. If there's a blu ray for 4-5$ that I want that isn't bare bones Ill probably buy it instead of getting the mkv.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
A lot of them consider second hand sales worse than piracy since it's A) easier to do, B) more widely available, and C) legal.
D) Money actually trades hands, so their wants are a little more justified as they want a piece of money that's being traded (opposed to wanting a cut of a non-existent monetary deal).

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe its time for a new thread , we can call it " If you modify, they will Pirate "
On serious note , any more info from FOF on what this thing is that they have ? I don't use twitter so I will be getting my info from you all.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm leaning towards fake, if it was real it should be everywhere by now. Yet it shows up nowhere at all. Not even as one of those annoyning go here for the password Trojan ones.
I did a did a look for the file and couldn't find it either. But then again it wouldn't be the first time I ran into this problem , by that I mean , I seen the .nfo but took me a couple days to find the file for it.
I say wait till after tomorrow , when the world ends the file will be up :teach:

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm leaning towards fake, if it was real it should be everywhere by now. Yet it shows up nowhere at all. Not even as one of those annoyning go here for the password Trojan ones.
Maybe you can't find it because... gasp, it hasn't been released?

Like, this pic of my ex's tits I took (I'm a guy, I have a camera, and they were some damn nice tits) certainly exists on my harddrive, but you can google it all you want and you'll never find it because it's not on the internet.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, I was just talking to my bro about when the WiiU was going to get hacked today. 2013 will be a very interesting year.. Well, time to get a WiiU soon I guess.

But, this early in, I'm afraid this may scare away third parties. Ignoring whether piracy actually affects sales or not, many developers will lean towards the "piracy = lost sale", some maybe even the "hack = piracy" mindset. See, what matters here is not whether piracy will affect sales or not, but whether 3rd parties will make games for it, regardless of whether it's hacked or not. Of course, this is only one factor of many, perhaps even a small factor, that will affect the success of the WiiU, but a factor nonetheless.

Anyways, 3DS, WiiU, now we just need a Vita-mode exploit.

wohdin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I would be amazed if the Wii U has already been breached, FO's image is rather intriguing. If it doesn't mean that they already have it hacked (which I do find hard to believe), I'm going to interpret it as expressing intent to hack the machine, and possibly even suggesting that they already have made progress, which wouldn't surprise me as much. Finding exploits typically isn't the hard part - the HARD part is usually figuring out what do do with them.

Also, I hate titles like this. An exploit is not a hack, but that's what these "[ConsoleName] Hacked?" titles always seem to imply - people seem to always lose their shit at images like these, and it's irritating. Just because there's an exploit of some sort out there does not mean that the console is "hacked" - it simply means that there is some kind of exploit out there. It takes a lot of time and effort in development and trial and error to actually make a "hack" through that exploit - and even MORE time and effort to put that "hack" in the end-user's hands to allow for executing homebrew code through whatever method.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, displaying an image on the gamepad like that is not normally possible, meaning they're running some sort of custom code to load and display it.

A hack doesn't have to be user-friendly for it to be a hack. Modchips certainly allow unsigned code to run on a machine, but you wouldn't hand one to a 12 year old like you would a flash cart, and say "go put this in".

Reactions: nukeboy95

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw