Hacking Wii U Game Pad without screen?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any of the things that require you to use the gamepad instead of the Pro controller is going to require you to look at and/or touch the screen so there's no point in disconnecting the screen.

If you just don't want to keep charging it because it's on even when you use other controllers, you can open the panel on the back and unplug the battery and just use the Pro controller, but that means you can't change system settings, and obviously any games you're using need to support Pro controllers. Most do (at least most ones I've tried) but a few don't.

Gameboy Color

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah im aware of all that stuff, I'm just curious to if the controller will still function with the system without the display in it. buttons i mean, not the touchscreen mechanics.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It depends on how the LCD driver works. If the gamepad refuses to turn on with the screen ribbon disconnected, a bridge or a small resistor on the ribbon connector will probably fix the problem. I don't know why you'd do that considering the fact that Pro contollers are readily available, but hey - it'll work. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty :creep: +99 +1