Hardware Wii U Failure Rates & Nintendo repair time

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone had a Wii U fail on them in some way? Had mine nearly 4 months and came to play some MK8 a few days ago only to find out the HDMI output isn't working.

Resetting it via the gamepad made no difference the Wii U didn't detect any TV and the TV didn't detect the Wii U either.

Sent it off to Nintendo repair today to there UK centre, any ideas on a turnaround time?

Bent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A few weeks ago my launch day Wii U started having a blinking red light when it was in standby mode. I would need to unplug it then plug it back in, and it would work fine, but the next day I would notice the blinking red light again. Then the other day when I tried to play it, it wouldn't boot at all, as soon as the power button was pressed it would go to a blinking red light.

This is the first time I have ever sent a Nintendo console in for repair, (although once my wife's (then girlfriend) DS Lite's R Button stopped working and we sent that in) so I am not too familiar with the process. I also am in the US, so I have no idea what the differences between countries might be, so I am as intertested to hear any stories as well. Currently, the Nintendo website only lists my Wii U as "Received". I sent it in last Tuesday, so 8 days ago.

I am concerned they won't be able to retrieve any save data off of it now, since I didn't send it in at first issue and now it won't boot at all. But I didn't want to pay $100 bucks to repair it so close to Christmas if I didn't have to.

DarkWrath669

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My experience with the UK repair center was only a week turn around time, so I shouldn't think it would be too long.
My issue was software related on my 3DS, so hardware may be a little longer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Did you know that a pervert is not quite the same as a child molester? Which I'm not :mellow: