Hardware Wii U Demo Stations Arriving This Wed

OscarRamos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Wii U Demo Stations Arriving This Wednesday

A Best Buy employee has revealed that Wii U demo stations will arrive at Best Buy stores throughout the nation this Wednesday, October 17th, which gives consumers an entire month to try the new console before it hits North America on November 18th.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checked my local best buy (columbia, sc) and they did not have the demo station yet. I'll check the local game stop tomorrow or monday.

Lastly

Tempin' at the speed of sound
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in a crowed area. There are like 3 Best Buys and 5 Game Stop down the street. Called all of them and found one Game Stop have it. Best Buy employees are uninformed.

Person A: The Wii what?
Person B: Sorry. Our inventory say its out of stock. My nephew bought the last one yesterday.
Person C: Are you talking about the controller? Let me check... *wait*... Hello? What are you looking for again? OK. Can you hold on a second?... *end call*

Anyway, there was only one demo: Rayman Legends with two levels and 11 minutes limit. I finish them both co-op and it was really fun. The gamepad is really light and comfortable. The console has a approximate 40% volume increase though.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder how many of these will be stolen just for the sake of getting them early.

Yeah, man, someone is totally going to steal a games console from within a plastic case that's clamped down with screws. That's totally a real thing that genuinely happens. Noone would ever notice that. Security would just be like, "Man, we have no idea how that guy managed to smash open that plastic, unscrew the console and walk out with it undetected. Seriously".

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how many of these will be stolen just for the sake of getting them early.

Yeah, man, someone is totally going to steal a games console from within a plastic case that's clamped down with screws. That's totally a real thing that genuinely happens. Noone would ever notice that. Security would just be like, "Man, we have no idea how that guy managed to smash open that plastic, unscrew the console and walk out with it undetected. Seriously".
There are some srs desperate fans out there.
Also it would be easy to unscrew the 3DS XL at my Gamestop, it's like behind stuff so it's invisible from the counter.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country

Also it would be easy to unscrew the 3DS XL at my Gamestop, it's like behind stuff so it's invisible from the counter.

Go on then.

Do it.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Go on then.

Do it.
I'll think about it. I won't take it, no way. I just wonder if I could get it off the stand without anyone noticing.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got to try out the Wii U demo station at a Best Buy here in Akron Oh. today. Really cool. They only had the Rayman for demo but it was fun. I used the gamepad and my son used the Wii controller. The gamepad felt pretty good in my hands. Was lighter than my Xbox controller with the keyboard add on plugged in. Buttons and screen were really responsive. Very clear visually. The gyro tilt also very responsive (I'd like to try this on a driving game). Have not pre-ordered one but will try to get one on release day. That is a problem though, the guy at Best Buy said they probably will only have enough systems to fill the pre-orders but did say to check with him the day before the release so see if they get extra ones in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    smacks Sicklyboy around a bit with a large leech
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Howdy @mthrnite , great to see you :D
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hola mi hermano
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @Sicklyboy - the comparison would be forgiving all medical debt, not making healthcare illegal!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Although I still don't agree, medical debt is rarely a choice, whereas enrolling in university is certainly a choice
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    we need more smart cats tho for reals
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    College costs, college loans, book prices, the entire thing is predatory, oft touted as essential to a successful life for my generation and the ones since, and completely unaffordable without putting you through an insane financial hardship for literal decades in many situations.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Many of the same issues can be seen for the insanely predatory healthcare and health insurance system in the US
    +1
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    ^this
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's important for society to be healthy and educated. If those things can't happen because all of the institutions that prop up those industries make it unattainable for all but a small portion of society, then your society is largely going to be disease ridden, dying, and uneducated in very short order.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Issue is it's too rich of a coperation already with bad sugar diets causing diabetes and killing teeth a new set of teeth around 90k
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I agree it's not easy for the average American, let alone the ones below that average. Free / cheaper healthcare is much more important I think than free university education.
    Of course like @mthrnite said, why not both. But I doubt both will get solved at once, and surely healthcare is top priority.
    +1
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    they go hand in hand unless you want a plumber performing your triple bypass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone should be Medicaid elegable for implants at the most
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    If it's needed to keep you healthy it shouldn't cost you $90k. The fact that it does is an enormous problem
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    but yeah, affordable is all i'm asking for
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i'd be happy with affordable dentures
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With my old dentist he even encouraged switching insurance every quarter
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And if the concern is that "well we can't trust the government to intervene for this because the government can't do anything right and wastes tons of money" then holy shit push for a better government. I'm certainly trying to. Don't throw your hands up and go "we've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus technology cost iirc even a water jet drill is 1k per
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @K3Nv2 that's crazily expensive. how long will that take to pay off?

Although diet is largely education, people don't need to go to university to learn what's healthy and what's not,
    it's the whole country, big corporations and advertising that is to blame for leading most of the population to believe that poptarts and froot loops are healthy to feed a child
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i would think the population knows better but with food deserts and abject poverty, sometimes a poptart gonna have to do.
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    it's a big ol complicated world innit
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    As someone who went through the grade school system in the US some time within the past 30 or so years, not nearly enough is done to promote and educate on how to eat healthy in a way that is feasible to do on a regular basis and also affordable. Eating healthy is, comparatively, fucking expensive. So is eating unhealthy, but in many cases eating unhealthy is more affordable than eating healthy
  • cearp @ cearp:
    90k could get you a 3 bedroom house in some poorer parts of the country
    cearp @ cearp: 90k could get you a 3 bedroom house in some poorer parts of the country