Hardware Wii U Demo Stations Arriving This Wed

OscarRamos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Wii U Demo Stations Arriving This Wednesday

A Best Buy employee has revealed that Wii U demo stations will arrive at Best Buy stores throughout the nation this Wednesday, October 17th, which gives consumers an entire month to try the new console before it hits North America on November 18th.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checked my local best buy (columbia, sc) and they did not have the demo station yet. I'll check the local game stop tomorrow or monday.

Lastly

Tempin' at the speed of sound
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in a crowed area. There are like 3 Best Buys and 5 Game Stop down the street. Called all of them and found one Game Stop have it. Best Buy employees are uninformed.

Person A: The Wii what?
Person B: Sorry. Our inventory say its out of stock. My nephew bought the last one yesterday.
Person C: Are you talking about the controller? Let me check... *wait*... Hello? What are you looking for again? OK. Can you hold on a second?... *end call*

Anyway, there was only one demo: Rayman Legends with two levels and 11 minutes limit. I finish them both co-op and it was really fun. The gamepad is really light and comfortable. The console has a approximate 40% volume increase though.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder how many of these will be stolen just for the sake of getting them early.

Yeah, man, someone is totally going to steal a games console from within a plastic case that's clamped down with screws. That's totally a real thing that genuinely happens. Noone would ever notice that. Security would just be like, "Man, we have no idea how that guy managed to smash open that plastic, unscrew the console and walk out with it undetected. Seriously".

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how many of these will be stolen just for the sake of getting them early.

Yeah, man, someone is totally going to steal a games console from within a plastic case that's clamped down with screws. That's totally a real thing that genuinely happens. Noone would ever notice that. Security would just be like, "Man, we have no idea how that guy managed to smash open that plastic, unscrew the console and walk out with it undetected. Seriously".
There are some srs desperate fans out there.
Also it would be easy to unscrew the 3DS XL at my Gamestop, it's like behind stuff so it's invisible from the counter.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country

Also it would be easy to unscrew the 3DS XL at my Gamestop, it's like behind stuff so it's invisible from the counter.

Go on then.

Do it.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Go on then.

Do it.
I'll think about it. I won't take it, no way. I just wonder if I could get it off the stand without anyone noticing.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got to try out the Wii U demo station at a Best Buy here in Akron Oh. today. Really cool. They only had the Rayman for demo but it was fun. I used the gamepad and my son used the Wii controller. The gamepad felt pretty good in my hands. Was lighter than my Xbox controller with the keyboard add on plugged in. Buttons and screen were really responsive. Very clear visually. The gyro tilt also very responsive (I'd like to try this on a driving game). Have not pre-ordered one but will try to get one on release day. That is a problem though, the guy at Best Buy said they probably will only have enough systems to fill the pre-orders but did say to check with him the day before the release so see if they get extra ones in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.