Hardware Wii u Deluxe edition unboxing(by Nintendo of japan's president)

suppow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it IS the premium version where you pay more so I'd say it is fair...... O_O
i dont remember the Wii or PS2 stands coming only in the deluxe version,
hell, the 360 doesnt even need a stand, or neither of those did actually,
seems like a cheap move to me. =/

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why is he wearing those white gloves? I mean...is there something going on in the packing department that might be unhealthy?

Also: here's to hoping I won't have to log in with my mii if I'm the only one using the console.

@suppow: I don't know what you're talking about. The wiiU doesn't need a stand either. I don't have a clue what that second stand is for (shown at 4:10 in the first video). The only thing I can think of is when someone else wants to use the television and you want to play a game that uses motion controls (say: wii sports). But why not use the charging stand for it?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Obviously to advertise Mario, he says something along the lines of now I'll put on some white gloves for a Mario feeling.

he didnt want to get his fingerprints all over the WiiU so he put on gloves

my favorite part is where he took a stab at Microsoft and Song with the HDMI cable, THAT'S INCLUDED AS STANDARD, THEY CAN BE EXPENSIVE IF BOUGHT SEPARATE

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I like japanese people typing in Romaji (Querty keyboard).
I like the character recognition feature.

unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it will be only for Japanese firmware :(
I would love typing japanese with japanese friend (network is not limited to your country)

"You will have to download a new firmware on launch day" = you will have to agree to our abused licenses if you want to use default features?

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I like japanese people typing in Romaji (Querty keyboard).
I like the character recognition feature.

unfortunately, I'm pretty sure it will be only for Japanese firmware :(
I would love typing japanese with japanese friend (network is not limited to your country)

"You will have to download a new firmware on launch day" = you will have to agree to our abused licenses if you want to use default features?
You have to accept the user agreement anyway, it's only so that they can have more time to optimize the firmware until the very last minute.

To answer your first question, there will probably be possible to write stuff Professor Layton style for us too, just not in Japanese.
You aren't limited to typing however as you can write and draw instead. So no worries if you want to be able to communicate with Japanese kana.
Neither the Nintendo Network ID, Miiverse nor the chat will be Japanese only.

Here's a list of features that will come with the update.
Nintendo Network ID
It's actually surprisingly close to GBAtemp.

-Account based limited to 12 accounts per system, the first thing you do when turning on the console is selecting user since everything from savegames, friends and settings are personal. (no friend codes)
-User name and personal information
-Gamer title, for example Advanced Gamer as shown in the Direct.
-Followers (without being registered friends)
-People you are following (again without being registered friends)
-Number of times people empathized with you.
-Friend requests are done via the PM functionality of the service.
-Game specific information will be linked and shared with others through your ID, for example accomplishments and the games you're currently playing
-Profile comments
-Used for the eShop and future third party online services, whatever that could end up being, steam anyone?
-You will have a page where you can see the activities of friends and other people you're following.
-Can be accessed during mid game and without the TV.

Miiverse
It's like a forum basically where you post comments by either typing, writing or drawing.

-Can also be accessed during mid game and with the TV off.
-Nintendo Network ID is integrated in Miiverse.

Wii U Chat

-Video chat on the gamepad, TV or both.
-Uses built in mic and camera, surprisingly good quality as shown when Iwata was video chatting with Reggie across the Atlantic.
-Draw stuff while chatting.
-When you're playing a game the home button will glow when you receive a call.

eShop

-Online game distribution platform.

Browser

-Browser that supports video.
-Youtube works.
-Browse on the gamepad alone, or both.
-Works mid-game.

Reactions: Treeko

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are right, User's feature looks like the forum :P
Maybe they will have a search feature too, to find non-friend? (when you want to see if a friend has an account, searching a specific username from internet, etc.)
There will be certainly an easy way to see/follow someone else.

Treeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You are right, User's feature looks like the forum :P
Maybe they will have a search feature too? (when you want to see if a friend has an account, searching a specific username from internet, etc.)
Of course they will,I don't see another way.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Creqaw: I heard him say that as well. But I don't believe for a second that's the reason.Because if so, why not go for a red tie? (Donkey Kong placement!) Or a green hat? (OMG! Link!!!).

he didnt want to get his fingerprints all over the WiiU so he put on gloves

my favorite part is where he took a stab at Microsoft and Song with the HDMI cable, THAT'S INCLUDED AS STANDARD, THEY CAN BE EXPENSIVE IF BOUGHT SEPARATE
That fingerprints part is probably the main reason. But still...is that really obvious on a video? I couldn't really shake the feeling that he unboxed it so carefully so after the video, he could box it again and ship it. :P

That HDMI cable remark made me grinn as well, but it's not "just" a stab at microsoft and sony...the wii should've shipped with component cables as well (fuck...even their own family edition of last year shipped with the basic cables).
It's also significant in the way that it changes the standard. sony & microsoft probably won't dare to release their next consoles with anything but top notch cables now.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
could a user add his profil to multiple consoles at the same time?
(one at your home, one at your GF/BF home for example), and will the purchased titles from one be available on the other?
Like the sharing feature on PS3.

We will have to see it by ourselves how it's really working :P

Edit:
I thought Xbox360 included an HDMI cable by default.
My friend got one with the console. maybe it was a special pack.

Treeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
(one at your home, one at your GF/BF home for example), and will the purchased titles from one be available on the other?

I don't know if this was meant to be a reply to my comment,but I think you might be able to take your account anywhere through a USB much like the Xbox 360 profile's I am not sure on this but it seems to possible,we'll just have wait and see,and"will the purchased titles from one be available on the other?"I am guessing you're trying to ask the functionality between ps3 and ps vita PSN store right?for this we should wait and see,maybe Nintendo will introduce a similar feature in the future for Wii u and 3ds Eshop accounts,anyways you can link your Nintendo club account on both consoles to get extra Nintendo club points that's obvious.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

Edit:

It could be implemented in the future since the Network ID is password protected and will be made accessible from smart phones and computers in the future.
The idea is that you should be able to access Miiverse and purchase stuff from the eShop no matter where you are.
Logging in from other WiiU's isn't hard to implement either, the infrastructure's there. Accessing entire games would be impractical though with the time it would take you for logging in, redownloading the game, deleting the game when you're done. Not to mention that it could be abused by sharing your accounts login info with a friend enabling him to play what you've purchased.
I'm more interested in save sharing between the 3DS and WiiU since one of them is a handheld. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will be the first title to feature that.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know whether or not this will have any influence on the 3DS's Friend Code system? Seems to me like they want to abandon friend codes completely, and it'd be pretty convenient if the 3DS received a firmware update in which all Friend Codes are turned into new (or already existing from the Wii U) Nintendo Accounts.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Does anyone know whether or not this will have any influence on the 3DS's Friend Code system? Seems to me like they want to abandon friend codes completely, and it'd be pretty convenient if the 3DS received a firmware update in which all Friend Codes are turned into new (or already existing from the Wii U) Nintendo Accounts.
Don't think so. The Network ID will involve the 3DS at some point, but universal friend codes are the 3DS version of "User Accounts".

Treeko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well to begin with there was some News I read regarding this a couple months back,but I don't how this will work out,like how will this effect our friends list?how will the system be able to recognize them?what about our own friend codes how will they compensate them with user name's?so far its 50/50 chance they might do that,considering the fact Iwata said they wanted to implement some sort connectivity between the 3ds and the Wii u through Miiverse,hope they do ditch the friend code system for the 3ds as time progresses cause its a pain in the ass.

Reactions: Lucifer666

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit:
only the elite included an hdmi cable
I just bought a slim a year ago and it didnt have it

but anyway its no big deal, chances are if you have an hdtv then you more then likely have a few hdmi cables laying around, if not you can get one for $1.50 off amazon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, DO THE METH!!!