Gaming Wii U at Launch, what I'd like to see....

Arm73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What would I like to see on the Wii U at launch ?
Well , obviously I love Metroid, F-Zero, Zelda and even DK, but I believe this titles are supposed to be really good, so I'd rather give them a couple of years of development at be happy to see them when they are really finished and ready.
But at launch, I would like to see and play some 3rd party games that I'll be holding off for the time being.
I WOULD love to see Batman Arkam City ! Like by the time the WiiU comes out, the game would be already out for ages, so having time to port it to the WiiU I expect so see the kind of improvement they did when they ported late PS2 games to the Wii back in 2006 and 7.
Games like PoP Rival sword, Rygar battle of Argus, Godfather blackhand edition, Scarface, RE4 and so on, they were all successfully ported and more or less improved for the new system with slightly better graphics, definitely better controls ( Godfather is a lot of fun on the Wii, and RE4 is by any standards the definitive supreme version on the Wii as well ) and CHEAPER !

So if history repeats itself, and this time around it's gonna be even easier for developers to port their games over to the WiiU from what I hear, then I'd really like to see some CoD games with smooth, HD graphics and multiple control schemes, like the user can choose classic controller pro ( just like on PS3/360 ) or the nunchuk+Wii remote ( winner in my book, imagine Black Ops Wii in HD! ) or on the new controller, but played like the DS version ! Like moving around with the analog stick and pointing with the touch screen just like on the DS, giving an even more accurate control scheme of the classic PC keyboard/mouse, and all from the comfort of your couch !
Batman AC, in gorgeous HD with a mini map on the controller, or even the detective mode on at all times on the touch screen !
Assassin Creed , would be awesome as it is, but making the main screen free of all the HUDs elements, but putting them on the controller screen intead with a map of the area, imagine how much more cinematic it would be without any distraction ( health bar, money and so on ).
An HD version of Zelda SW, why not ? After all they did it for the Wii/GC.
Some really cool racing game, being it Excite Truck 2 or Excite Bike WiiU or something like Motor Storm would be amazing ( the Wii really lacks good racers this gen ).
A nice Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 + Lost leves HD anybody ? And then after 3 years a proper SMG 3 !
So many possibilities, GTAV, RE6, Red Steel 3 or even the Conduit 3...............I'm so excited about that, I can hardly wait !

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm with you hoping the for some quality 3rd party ports of "older" games, OP.

...I'll even throw in a (undoubtedly very naive) hope that this "open online network" the wiiu has REALLY lives up to its name: I want cross console gameplay. Look at PC games. It's perfectly natural that windows users play with (or against) mac users. Or with linux, if it supports it. The hardware barely matters.
But why is it that if call of duty gets released on xbox360, PS3, wii and PC, every gamer is limited to just the one console (if you want to call the PC a console, in this example) the gamer actually has? It's stupid.

It's certainly not a matter of incompatibility either. When UT3 was being developed (PC, xbox360, PS3), all that stood in the way of cross play was the closed network of those consoles*.
(erm...and perhaps the uppity attitude of PC gamers).

I hope wiiU does that better. That it at least doesn't prevent developers from creating wiiU-PC cross connection games. I bet MMORPG's would get a boost in their players if it wouldn't require their users to have a PC (WoW for WiiU...it's not THAT ridiculous).

*sorry, but I don't have an official source on this. It was on the blog of one of the developers (who wasn't speaking in name of Epic games)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay