Hacking WII SYSTEM MEMORY FULL!! DID I BRICK!! HELP!

porchemasi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Installing too many VC games via WAD Installer v2.0 in 1 shot will get you an error during install once you run out of room! Upon reset your Wii will pop u[ saying "System Memory full create some space." No matter what you delete you will not got the blocks freeed up!

1. Tried deleted save data
2. Deleting purchased VC games
3. Deleted wads (via wii system menu) (cant delete via WAD Uninstaller cuz i cant boot to the wii menu (i get errored and asked to free memory)

Solution: Use the wii format utility

SOLVED: Did a full Wii System Data Format, i lost all my Saved Data though!

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wow whats up with the caps?

anyway just delete somemore games until you see that you have free blocks, or put some channels on a sd card

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, there are many warnings the tinkering with this stuff can brick your Wii ... are you removing channels the normal way, or using the WAD uninstaller app?

If you are using the normal method, that is why you aren't getting your space back ... you need to use the uninstaller, I believe ...

porchemasi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OMG I cant boot the Zelda TP or any game cuz i get the error right away and wont let me leave the options screen!! omgggg im dead!!! i can only doa full format and hope that works but i LOOSE ALL MY SAVE DATAAAAA ..... how can i back up to SD ive tried looking around settings but cant findd...

MelonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dont say they didn't warn you!
lecture.gif
Just buy your vc games.......

Dingler

Trophies
XP
Country
porchemasi said:
OMG I cant boot the Zelda TP or any game cuz i get the error right away and wont let me leave the options screen!! omgggg im dead!!! i can only doa full format and hope that works but i LOOSE ALL MY SAVE DATAAAAA ..... how can i back up to SD ive tried looking around settings but cant findd...
I've tried this a thousand times. Just keep deleting VC channels, and eventually you'll start getting blocks back. Trust me, this is as far from bricking your Wii as you'll ever be.

Also, you need to chill.

E2EKIEL

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had the same issue yesterday, when triying to install kirby crystal shards.
memory was full, even if I had only 3 VC games and e few saves, twilight hack froze without the possibility to turn off te wii.
I removed it from the power for 5 min and it worked fine again

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm not even going to bother with VC games. Stuff like this happens, and if theres a game I *really* want, I'll just buy it
tongue.gif

Still have a bunch of points left from the 10k card they gave me anyway
tongue.gif

Dingler

Trophies
XP
Country
Dudes, nothing "happend". He just went past the magic 512 MB marker. Deleting the game channels will free some space, and free this poor soul from what seems to be some kind of crazed state.

porchemasi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I deleted 90% of my VC games, dloaded and baught, erased 20 saved saves and STILL HAVE 0 BLOCKS!

WTF is there away to boot games directly without the menu?????

how can i back up saved games to SD???

i want to try to do a full foramt

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
Dingler said:
Dudes, nothing "happend". He just went past the magic 512 MB marker. Deleting the game channels will free some space, and free this poor soul from what seems to be some kind of crazed state.

Ahh, I got ya. I see all caps and I'm thinking his wii done for. Its still very early here
tongue.gif

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
porchemasi said:
I deleted 90% of my VC games, dloaded and baught, erased 20 saved saves and STILL HAVE 0 BLOCKS!

WTF is there away to boot games directly without the menu?????

how can i back up saved games to SD???

i want to try to do a full foramt

Data Management in the options menu. Click the game you want to transfer, send it to the sd card. I would only do that with ones you've actually purchased though.

porchemasi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I deleted it from the Data Management menu thats all i can access because i get errored!!

When i click on the Save Data to backup it just says Copy and Delete and when i click Copy it says Cannot perform task

EDIT: Going to try to use BootMe v1.0 on my WAD Uninstaller v1 DVD and hope it autoboots!! plz wish me luck
frown.gif

Dingler

Trophies
XP
Country
desmayer said:
did you remove them from CHANNELS or SAVEDATA?
Yes, make sure you delete CHANNELS, and not Savedata (switch from saves to channels at the top of the screen at the Data Management menu)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1