Hacking WII SYSTEM MEMORY FULL!! DID I BRICK!! HELP!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i think he tried to install a game when he didn't have enough blocks and it messed up his flash memory, also next time get a SD card and put your VC games on that.

and NEVER delete VC games from the wii channel, use the uninstaller.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This was taken from Nintendo's terms of service.
QUOTE said:
In the event you fuck up your Wii send it to GBAtemp's member WeaponXxX
So it looks like you know what you gotta do
rolleyes.gif

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
i think he tried to install a game when he didn't have enough blocks and it messed up his flash memory, also next time get a SD card and put your VC games on that.

O.o? I dont get that post...

What do you mean the only way to install the VC games is from the SD card?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
He needs to uninstall them with the wad uninstaller, but he can't run Zelda, cause it asks for memory
tongue.gif

Cause the WAD VC games are installed not regulary you can't uniunstall them like a normal VC game, you need to use the WAD uninstaller for that

So he's screwed, he prolly needs to do a full format of his system memory in the Wii options menu

I would say:

Backup your saves and channels regulary on SD!

basilb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
superrob said:
The WAD Uninstaller COMPLETLY removes the games. Even the Tickets and Titles are removed so you should get your blocks back.

Is there any way to remove them from the 'Played Today' data on the calendar, other than a format?

Dingler

Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:

I installed 4 N64 games on a Wii with approx 50 blocks, meaning i went over by approx 300 blocks. After rebooting I was asked to free some space. Deleted a few VC channels and everything was back to normal. Overfilling your memory wont fuckup anything. The VC-game will just stop installing if it runs of actual space.

Kiok

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
porchemasi said:
I INSTALLED LIKE 20 VC GAMES TO MY WII WITH WAD V2 AND NOW IT SAYS SYSTEM MEMORY FULL AND I WHEN I DELETE CHANNELS /SAVE GAMES I DONT GET ANY BLOCKS BACK!

HELPPPP! DID I BRICK MY WII! OMGGGGGG

OMG LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YOUR A NOOOB THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR DOWNLOADING A LOT OF VC GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah seriously um the only thing i can recommend at the moment is do a system format. Or i dont know if you can put some of your sav on an sd.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
keep deleting channels until you get 'back in the black'. 20 channels was to many mate (especially if they were n64 games), plus whatever other channels you had already. It will stay at 0 blocks and give the memory error until you have freed up enough memory

porchemasi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
THANK THE LORD!! OMG IM SAVED!!

I DID A FULL WII SYSTEM DATA FORMAT!!

MY WII WORKS !! PLZ stiky my thread for all ppl who make my mistake!! so thjey dont loose all there save data like me!!

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you know you could have just done what the wii was asking, and delete some more channels untill youd freed up enough memory?? oh well

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
porchemasi said:
THANK THE LORD!! OMG IM SAVED!!

I DID A FULL WII SYSTEM DATA FORMAT!!

MY WII WORKS !! PLZ stiky my thread for all ppl who make my mistake!! so thjey dont loose all there save data like me!!
It isn't worth making this sticky.. Sticky threads are VERY important and not information on how you do a format...

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Dingler said:
I installed 4 N64 games on a Wii with approx 50 blocks, meaning i went over by approx 300 blocks. After rebooting I was asked to free some space. Deleted a few VC channels and everything was back to normal. Overfilling your memory wont fuckup anything. The VC-game will just stop installing if it runs of actual space.

i would have thought that if you attempt to install a wad file when you don't have enough blocks it will mess up like freeze or something lol

superrob said:
What do you mean the only way to install the VC games is from the SD card?

i said to get a SD card and put all your VC games on that instead (once they have been installed of course), when you want to play a game just transfer it over to the Wii memory.

QUOTE(stev418 @ Apr 25 2008, 02:26 PM)
you know you could have just done what the wii was asking, and delete some more channels untill youd freed up enough memory?? oh well

or even better, backup all his saves and VC games AND THEN formatted the wii system memory, it's too late for that now though.

trent_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone give an estimate of how much is safe to install without running out of room and having to free up memory after? For instance, is 275mb going to be fine on a near virgin console? (nothing on it except the few usual wii channels, no previous VC games)

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the wii has a certain amount of space it can use as "emergency" space until more space is cleared. I've had the same happen, all it took was to delete a few games and saves (SSBB and elebits for example use up about 120 blocks each).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8