Hacking WII SYSTEM MEMORY FULL!! DID I BRICK!! HELP!

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little late on the bandwagon, but man is this thread retarded...

It should've been deleted simply on the principle that you DON'T TYPE IN CAPS, FOR F**K SAKE.

The Wii does not have decent memory management, as tickets appear as occupied space. As long as you remove the WAD properly and not use the channel management, you won't have a problem.

But seriously, think before making threads...

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
porchemasi said:
Installing too many VC games via WAD Installer v2.0 in 1 shot will get you an error during install once you run out of room! Upon reset your Wii will pop u[ saying "System Memory full create some space." No matter what you delete you will not got the blocks freeed up!

1. Tried deleted save data
2. Deleting purchased VC games
3. Deleted wads (via wii system menu) (cant delete via WAD Uninstaller cuz i cant boot to the wii menu (i get errored and asked to free memory)

Solution: Use the wii format utility

SOLVED: Did a full Wii System Data Format, i lost all my Saved Data though!
I'm going to put my money on you installed tons of huge games, paper mario, ocarina of time, metal slug, etc.
I'll also put my money on that you did not delete enough games to free up blocks lol

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samsam12 said:
nintendo better release somthing that is a storage solution for the wii, im sick of deleting channels just for one large game.

Don't steal so many channels and you won't have a problem...

They aren't going to release a hard drive, so just get a 2GB SD card and learn how to exercise some self-control.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eternal Myst said:
That is not going to happen.Nintendo already announced they are not doing anything of the sort.

To elaborate on what I said previously, Nintendo is working on a method to alleviate the required storage for VC titles.

The example I provided would be possibly storing the channel locally, but streaming the roms.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eternal Myst said:
Streaming.Could you imagine streaming N64 games?

Wouldn't it take a while?

Depends on your connection.

For me, it would be about thirty seconds. However, even if they didn't do this for Nintendo 64 and Neo Geo games, you would still save a lot from NES, SNES, and Genesis.

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think nintendo should install the channels built in emulators ONCE.

Anyone knotice that snes channels are like 12MB.

Most of the SNES roms out there are like 1MB

I think there is a LOT of wasted space.

They need to enclude the emulators in the system firmware or somthing, and just download the actual rom.

Akdul

Trophies
Website
raulbojalil.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
Its not necessary to format the Wii. Just delete the last installed Wads and you will get your free blocks back. If you delete other channels it will still show 0 blocks. SO, THE SOLUTION IS TO DELETE THE LAST INSTALLED WAD(S). I think the Wii shows 0 blocks because it cant show negative block quantities.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrKuenning said:
They need to enclude the emulators in the system firmware or somthing, and just download the actual rom.

If they did that, they would have to continuously update them as new bugs are discovered. It's much safer on their end to package optimized emulators for each rom.

Not only that, what would they contain the roms in? And how would they prevent it from being hacked?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
MrKuenning said:

the channel not only contains rom + emulator but also HTML files for the manual stuff..; and looking at this (this is Fantasy Zone SMS manual), it takes sometime more room than the rom itself

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
the channel not only contains rom + emulator but also HTML files for the manual stuff..; and looking at this (this is Fantasy Zone SMS manual), it takes sometime more room than the rom itself

Some of the WiiWare titles send you to a shop channel page to read the manual. If they did this with VC titles, they could slim them down, at the cost of having to exit the game.

But I guess some people like having the manual included... they should let it be printed, too.

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
porchemasi said:
THANK THE LORD!! OMG IM SAVED!!

I DID A FULL WII SYSTEM DATA FORMAT!!

MY WII WORKS !! PLZ stiky my thread for all ppl who make my mistake!! so thjey dont loose all there save data like me!!
Hahahahaha oh grief...

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
teq said:
If they did that, they would have to continuously update them as new bugs are discovered. It's much safer on their end to package optimized emulators for each rom.Oh, the excellent custom emus on SMW & the DKC games that keep giving me slowdown you mean?

QUOTE(teq @ Jun 25 2008, 07:32 AM) Not only that, what would they contain the roms in? And how would they prevent it from being hacked?
You are part of the GBAtemp community... what the hell kind of comment is that? WADs can be installed anyway and ROMs injected!

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
MrKuenning said:

This is the thing though... with laughably small memory - no installed HDD like even the Xbox had and manuals that take up masses of space. They should just be stored as images and not HTML.

teq said:
QUOTE(Jacobeian @ Jun 25 2008, 12:51 AM)

Some of the WiiWare titles send you to a shop channel page to read the manual. If they did this with VC titles, they could slim them down, at the cost of having to exit the game.

But I guess some people like having the manual included... they should let it be printed, too.
Damned right. I'm extremely pissed off at he fact that they're not e-copies of originals and are crapper. Someone on another forum had never played SMB 3 properly and it didn't tell him about picking up shells FFS!

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
groovemeister said:
Oh, the excellent custom emus on SMW & the DKC games that keep giving me slowdown you mean?

Must be a bad WAD or an incorrect video mode, because I don't have slowdowns... other than the ones that always existed in DKC2 and 3.

groovemeister said:
You are part of the GBAtemp community... what the hell kind of comment is that? WADs can be installed anyway and ROMs injected!

If they packaged the rom by itself, it would be much easier to do injections. All you would have to do is slap a new header on any rom. The only way they get away with fancy signing is by packaging the rom around other files that the Wii can recognize.

Not to mention, one generic emulator would be the equivalent of giving you the entire console.

groovemeister
This is the thing though... with laughably small memory - no installed HDD like even the Xbox had and manuals that take up masses of space. They should just be stored as images and not HTML.

Images would take up just as much space, if not more. They're also static, so there's no way to link them together... other than by slideshow. If they wanted to shrink it, they should store the few images each manual has on a directory in the console and just have the HTML point to it.

Unfortunately, this would open up a backdoor, as anyone could make an HTML file that links to other files in the NAND that we can't yet access.

As far as the "laughable" memory, keep in mind how useless the original XBOX hard drive was for retail games and how much cheaper it could've been without it.

DavidBeoulve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me.

However, I was lucky, and was able to delete large save games until I got a few blocks of memory free, and thence was able to get to the Homebrew Channel, run the Mod Manager, and uninstall things properly.

That's good, because I didn't want to lose my work in Speed Racer, Okami, Zelda, Boom Blox, Nitrobike, Mario Kart... etc.

dippindivin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What utility can I use to see what wad has been installed into my wii system memory?

If I deleted a channel and not the WAD through Wad Manager, wouldnt the wad still be there? The only thing I did was delete the channel correct?

I would like to take a peek on my wii hard drive to see what wads (including games) have been installed, so I can uninstall all the crap.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up