linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Arakon said:
linkinworm said:
Arakon said:
Well, the region change isn't quite complete. The wii still doesn't run VC games (i.e. genesis/MD) in 60 hz on a PAL machine after change, and the wii shop is still the european one, not the US shop (as it would be with a "real" US wii, independantly from the location of the wii console)
thats because it doesnt moddify any channels like the shop, and VC games are hardcoded to run in 50hz or 60hz not region dependent

actually, you are wrong there. if you change (or set it to free) the region code of an US genesis VC game, it will run in 50 Hz despite being a 60 hz release.
well i have US 60hz 480p nes game that runs in 60hz on my pal wii care to explain that.

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Will US VC games that were running at 50 hz on pal wii (mario kart, star fox,...) work at 60hz if i change my region drom E to U?

apcarr

Trophies
XP
Country
Dirt4life said:
If I go to the screen for the normally screen and language, I'll get an Help thingy from opera
ohmy.gif

As Linkinworm said on the first page...
"you will need to use the downgrader to get the right system setting region to use the wii config setting again, so if you install the japanese region you will have to go "downgrade" to X.XJ, you dont have to downgrade if you dont wana use the settings"..
Think thats why you get the opera/internet error..Dont quote me on it though I might be wrong!

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
linkinworm said:
Arakon said:
linkinworm said:
Arakon said:
Well, the region change isn't quite complete. The wii still doesn't run VC games (i.e. genesis/MD) in 60 hz on a PAL machine after change, and the wii shop is still the european one, not the US shop (as it would be with a "real" US wii, independantly from the location of the wii console)
thats because it doesnt moddify any channels like the shop, and VC games are hardcoded to run in 50hz or 60hz not region dependent

actually, you are wrong there. if you change (or set it to free) the region code of an US genesis VC game, it will run in 50 Hz despite being a 60 hz release.
well i have US 60hz 480p nes game that runs in 60hz on my pal wii care to explain that.

it may be different for nes games and some snes games are also known to run at 60 hz. same for a handful of n64 games. neogeo and MD/Genesis never do, however. TG16 on the other hand are always at 60 hz, even on PAL consoles.

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
apcarr said:
Dirt4life said:
If I go to the screen for the normally screen and language, I'll get an Help thingy from opera
ohmy.gif

"you will need to use the downgrader to get the right system setting region to use the wii config setting again, so if you install the japanese region you will have to go "downgrade" to X.XJ, you dont have to downgrade if you dont wana use the settings"..
Think thats why you get the opera/internet error..Dont quote me on it though I might be wrong!
I did znd i get a -1 error,
what must i have to do?

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dirt4life said:
apcarr said:
Dirt4life said:
ohmy.gif

I did znd i get a -1 error,
what must i have to do?
you installed cIOS v3 yet?

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Successfully changed my system menu from NTSC-U to NTSC-J by running this program. However, when in NTSC-J mode, my modchip seems to shut itself off.

To clarify, when in Japanase mode, my Wii stops recognizing DVD-Rs and retail American discs.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Knocks said:
Successfully changed my system menu from NTSC-U to NTSC-J by running this program. However, when in NTSC-J mode, my modchip seems to shut itself off.

To clarify, when in Japanase mode, my Wii stops recognizing DVD-Rs and retail American discs.

you will have to set the chip to the new region, otherwise it attempts to patch the game for the old region.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
You wouldn't happen to have a modchip where you have to set the region on it would you? e.g Wasabi.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Arakon said:
you will have to set the chip to the new region, otherwise it attempts to patch the game for the old region.

That's what I figured, but the Wiikey config disc is a GUI nightmare. What a shame though, nice hack for sure.

kokiri_link

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Knocks said:
Arakon said:

That's what I figured, but the Wiikey config disc is a GUI nightmare. What a shame though, nice hack for sure.

Speaking of the wiikey config disc, would it be possible for somebody to turn this into a program for the homebrew channel? So we dont have to keep changing discs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks