Hacking WII region changer

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmm.. something got messed up apparently in that attempted downgrade.. I now get -115 instantly when attempting to downgrade to any firmware revision at all.

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kokiri_link said:
Knocks said:
Arakon said:
you will have to set the chip to the new region, otherwise it attempts to patch the game for the old region.

That's what I figured, but the Wiikey config disc is a GUI nightmare. What a shame though, nice hack for sure.

Speaking of the wiikey config disc, would it be possible for somebody to turn this into a program for the homebrew channel? So we dont have to keep changing discs?
umm yea it works on the homebrew channel, just put it in a folder rename it to boot.dol

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
kokiri_link said:
Knocks said:
Arakon said:
you will have to set the chip to the new region, otherwise it attempts to patch the game for the old region.

That's what I figured, but the Wiikey config disc is a GUI nightmare. What a shame though, nice hack for sure.

Speaking of the wiikey config disc, would it be possible for somebody to turn this into a program for the homebrew channel? So we dont have to keep changing discs?
umm yea it works on the homebrew channel, just put it in a folder rename it to boot.dol

CODE
/apps/cfg.1.9s.us/boot.dol

This is not a valid Wii application

Doesn't work

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
harrybuttox said:
linkinworm, is it possible to get out of region VC games?!

it should be possible, however, there is the risk of a brick (although i do want super mario rpg)

This will also allow Angel Solitare and Oekaki Logic to be played on US and EU systems.

blackdogassault

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... What I don't get is why the downgrader is needed. The settings pages are blocked? Like in a semi-brick? I wanted to change my menu to english with this (mine is a jap. console), but I don't have the internet connection the downgrade needs...

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blackdogassault said:
Hmm... What I don't get is why the downgrader is needed. The settings pages are blocked? Like in a semi-brick? I wanted to change my menu to english with this (mine is a jap. console), but I don't have the internet connection the downgrade needs...

you dont need to downgrade. the setting pages are blocked, however, just change your wii back to japanese then your settings will work.

-lildeemo-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
samsam12 said:
blackdogassault said:

you dont need to downgrade. the setting pages are blocked, however, just change your wii back to japanese then your settings will work.
actualy ure wii is not truly the different region until u use the downgrade method i found that out myself its basicly just a translation until u downgrade it not a diff region.. for true diff region downgrade after u change the region with the region changer.also i found that ure diff region games will not work until u do so

jeffc313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this work on Korean wiis? that will remove the stupid crippling with no gamecube compatibility on those unlucky enough to own one.

linkinworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Knocks said:
linkinworm said:
kokiri_link said:
Knocks said:
Arakon said:

CODE
/apps/cfg.1.9s.us/boot.dol

This is not a valid Wii application

Doesn't work
o sorry i thought u was on about the region patcher.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm totally noob on Wii Scene... What do I need to do to get this to work?

I don't have any Homebrew Channel on my Wii. No modchips either.

I've got PAL Wii and would love to play Zelda-J retail copy.

I know really nothing on how to set up etc.. Big help, please?

Condukt365

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
holy cow, so i can turn my pal Wii into a usa Wii then without buying a usa Wii? and what are the risks? i might wait a bit before i try this though.
There's very little risk, at most you can't get into the settings on the changed version, but that's hardly a con if you configure accordingly before changing the region. Save games and channel management are still available.

Changing the region through the app itself is very simple and it takes less than 5 seconds to do it.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wilddenim said:
I'm totally noob on Wii Scene... What do I need to do to get this to work?

I don't have any Homebrew Channel on my Wii. No modchips either.

I've got PAL Wii and would love to play Zelda-J retail copy.

I know really nothing on how to set up etc.. Big help, please?
You need Twilight Princess (legit copy) from any region to start. Then you need to install HBC. (Homebrew Channel) And thats it.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh. I've got a legit copy of Zelda, but it's Japanese and I've got Wii PAL.
frown.gif

Never mind, thanks Raiyu anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne eds?