Hacking Wii Raffle!

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had the ambitions of starting to take donations this Friday, but I still have so much to work out. I want to make sure that we have everything solid before we accept donations.
I would submit the details to public scrutiny before actually starting. (1 or 2 days)
Then possible manipulation loopholes can still be fixed.
If someone finds something after you recieved some money things might get ugly fast.

My suggestion is:

before start:
select a (secret for now) phrase/word
publish its md5

while open:
have every user do the same

when the raffle is closed:
publish your phrase
have every user post its phrase
his ticket numbers is the md5 of "your phrase + his username + his phrase + N" where N starts at 1 and is increased to create the needed number of tickets he bought and avoid collisions

for each prize:
concatenating all submitted phrases in order of posting + a running number for each prize
calc the md5 of that
the winning ticket is the one that is nearest to that md5
(wrapping around at FF..FF and 00..00,
selecting the "higher" number in case of ties,
wrapped to 00..00 is considered higher)
repeat with the next running prize number

should be near impossible to manipulate, does not even require trust in a single person, can be veriefied by everyone
other CRYPTOGRAPHIC hashes like SHA will do too (CRC will not)
shouldn't be to hard or take to long to program (I will help if needed too)

there might be easier ways but where is the fun in that

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I thought this was to be done via GBAtemp. :( My bad.
This is not an official GBAtemp contest, but they have allowed us to announce it here. You can still participate.

To everyone, the host for our website went down last night. I stayed up as late as I could waiting for it to come back up. It is finally back up now with the donation link posted. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this was to be done via GBAtemp. :( My bad.
This is not an official GBAtemp contest, but they have allowed us to announce it here. You can still participate.

To everyone, the host for our website went down last night. I stayed up as late as I could waiting for it to come back up. It is finally back up now with the donation link posted. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yay, I was wondering why it wasn't loading.

Foez/XFlak, I just want to confirm one thing before I finalize my donation. After entering the dollar amount I wish to donate, I do not see anywhere saying Paypal fees will be deducted from the total. Were you guys able to set it up in a way that avoided those fees, or does it take a flatrate/percentage off that I can add in to make my total amount the one I wish to donate?

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
Paypal allows you to select how transaction fees are payed and by whom, so you can ensure the net amount received is $5.00 USD exactly by opting to pay the fees yourself

Can somebody explain how to do this, as I don't see this option on Paypal. Thanks.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe Paypal to paypal is free. Going from bank account to paypal has a fee.

See though, I'm not going from money in my paypal account, I am using my checking account that I've linked to paypal. So... :unsure:

Paypal allows you to select how transaction fees are payed and by whom, so you can ensure the net amount received is $5.00 USD exactly by opting to pay the fees yourself

Can somebody explain how to do this, as I don't see this option on Paypal. Thanks.
Yeah, this is exactly what my question was.

Hunter X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since people cannot bother to read Paypal's policy on fees, I have taken this snapshot which I hope people will understand
Screen%20Shot%202012-04-21%20at%201.22.22%20PM.png

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I set up the donation link so that it would always be a donation and not a service or for merchandise.

Good Luck to everyone.

EDIT: I guess either way paypal is making me pay the transaction fees. But that is ok. Everyone that has donated will still get earn the amount of etickets for the dollar amount that they donated.

And everyone, please be patient with me sending out the confirmation emails. We could not set up some auto email to people so we have to do it all manually, and on my end I still have my kids to deal with during the day that need a lot of attention, so I will most likely get to it in the evening time.

Hunter X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was just pointing out when fees are applicable. The options below that were "Buying Something" and "Buying Something with a Cash Advance". They also had the same guidelines for fees (Pay with paypal: free; bank account: free; credit/debit card: varies") kthnxbai

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I want to give a big Thank You to all who have donated and plan to donate. We are still short from our goal, but every little bit with your help can make this happen.

Good luck to everyone who has donated.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
With considering that there is a rather big chance that the first place winner will be from another country, and with the amount of donations received thus far, I'd say that we are 1/4 of the way there.

Understanding that if the first place winner lives in Europe somewhere then not only do I have to pay for the extra shipping cost, but I also have to pay for an official nintendo power brick, and those 2 combined will likely be over $100 USD on my end.

We received a decent amount of donations on saturday, none on sunday, but I expect that we get the most amount of donations this friday.... just a guess.

I have been straying away from bugging other forums as much as I can, so this has not gotten the publicity that it deserves so far.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
when enough donations have been received, otherwise everything will be refunded.
No, May 4th, 2012. And if not enough donations have been made then all donations will be refunded.

We did try our best to spell it out as clearly as possible for everyone, but if there is some wording that confused you then please point it out so we can clear it up

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm ok. It sucks that you have to pay so much for shipping if its in another country.
Everyone should spread the news. I'm sure if this was on twitter and retweeted. "You could win a new Wii with GC ports or other small prizes if you donate 1$ or more. The higher the donate the more chance you have. More info: http://modmii.zzl.org/raffle.html" Or something to that effect. I don't use twitter though hehe.
This is really awesome though. Donating 1$ and you could win a new Wii. Who wouldn't donate?
Oh yes and 1 question, sorry if i overlooked it.
You are adding GC ports, so I assume you are adding GC memory card ports too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc