Hacking Wii Raffle!

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
I like the idea and would contribute , just a shame that no one took you up on the offer you originally suggested but hell , i got a bet on the football today , if it comes in ::) fingers crossed ill buy and ship one to ya myself.

smealum

growing up sucks.
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess I now remember why I never post; try to be helpful and people spit in your face.
(and actually, implying that I'm trying to ruin everything for everyone is a bit insulting, but who cares since you're the one who said it, right ?) Did I say any insults? NO!! I said that it SOUNDS like your trying to squash it. I never said that you are in fact trying to, and even if I did say that it certainly is not an insult.
(and think about what you're saying; why would I have ANY reason to not want this to happen ? I don't even know any of you. What possible motivation could I have ? IDK, trolling maybe. But when people come in and all they do is say absolutely negative things and nothing positive at all to add (at least from my perspective) then it seems like someone is trolling, and just trying to ruin someone elses fun. Right now you just come off as having some sort victim complex that prevents you from thinking anyone could actually want to help you. But okay, have fun.) Ok, so where have you actually helped with anything at all? Maybe if you said something like "The way you're currently doing it could be illegal, but how about this idea to help you guys out, or I also found this bit of info to help out", but you did not, you only said things to put down the idea.
(also, no need to reply to this, I get that it's getting off topic so let's just stop here, unless you actually have something to add)
Yeah, if you aren't going to help in some way or form then I honestly don't care to here it. I'm doing enough here for the community, spending crap loads of time, using my own resources, and even giving away my own things as prizes. I certinaly don't need to hear from peoplecomplaning that it might be illegal bc of charity and blah blah blah. Hell, churches, schools, stupid clubs all hold raffles all the time and the person/organization holding the raffle usually gets a profit in the end otherwise they wouldn't waste their time, and we're not even doing that.

Hell, the paypal link that we set up is going to show it all as being donations anyways and not for goods or services. Hell, the only one who's going to be making any money off of this is going to be paypal with their transaction fees.
Holy crap, you're really dense aren't you ? I'm not complaining about anything, I don't care. I was just warning you that what you want to do might be illegal where you live because I'd heard of people almost getting in trouble for doing something similar a while back, and I assumed it might be useful information you did not yet know of. And I was also warning you that I knew for a fact that paypal doesn't allow raffles.
So that's all it was, a warning. I find it sad and honestly annoying that you'd want feel a warning is the same thing as trolling. I didn't make the laws (and as I said, I don't even know which ones apply where you live), I never said I agreed with them or that what you were doing was morally reprehensible or even that you shouldn't do it, just telling you that it might get you into trouble. So if that's not constructive, I don't know what is.
I guess next time I'll just shut up if I see someone potentially getting themselves into trouble.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap, you're really dense aren't you ? Oh great, more insults. I'm not complaining about anything, I don't care. If you don't care then why are you wasting your time? I was just warning you that what you want to do might be illegal where you live because I'd heard of people almost getting in trouble for doing something similar a while back, and I assumed it might be useful information you did not yet know of. And I was also warning you that I knew for a fact that paypal doesn't allow raffles. No, but paypal certainly allows donations.
So that's all it was, a warning. I find it sad and honestly annoying that you'd want feel a warning is the same thing as trolling. Actually, I said "IDK, trolling maybe". You asked a question and I answered. I didn't make the laws (and as I said, I don't even know which ones apply where you live), I never said I agreed with them or that what you were doing was morally reprehensible or even that you shouldn't do it, just telling you that it might get you into trouble. So if that's not constructive, I don't know what is.
I guess next time I'll just shut up if I see someone potentially getting themselves into trouble.
Ok, I partially see your point. You did not come in here saying "F*** this. It will never work and I'm calling the cops", so I guess you aren't trying to hurt what we're doing, so I will see you eye to eye on that.

Trust me, it just burns my balls when I go out with great intentions of doing good things for the community and then my bubble gets burst.

So, since you seem to know at least a little bit about this, do you have any suggestions or other insight that may help us out?

And don't worry about this getting off topic bc as far as I am concerned is that this is all on topic, except for the unnecessary insults.

EDIT: Thank you mods for moving this thread to the section that you feel is appropriate. :D We were actually not wanting to put it in the wii hacking section just because we thought that it might get closed because we already have another thread in that section, but if it's cool with you guys then it is great for us too. Thank you.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
if its just a buck for a ticket, im in. let know if this happens, either make it front page or pm me.
The mods already said that they can't official sanction this type of a contest bc then everyone would want to do something similar so there wont be anything showing up in the portal/front page. :(

But no worries. We're working on getting the word out on other sites too. We just need to make sure we get enough donations to cover the cost of the wii and the shipping charges and then we are good to go.

We will probably leave the donations open for 2 weeks so enough people have a chance to participate, but if we get an overwhelming amount of donations then we will cut that donation time short and just add more prizes.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
EDIT: Thank you mods for moving this thread to the section that you feel is appropriate. :D We were actually not wanting to put it in the wii hacking section just because we thought that it might get closed because we already have another thread in that section, but if it's cool with you guys then it is great for us too. Thank you.

i think it fits the section nicely, if anyone thinks otherwise i'd be glad to hear what they have to say :)

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joostin, where in Ok you live? I'm in north Tx but work across the border in Ok. Foez/Flak/whoever is running this thing. If you will get close to the number of entrants, pm me for more details. I'll donate whatever is needed for one entry.

-Erik

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Joostin, where in Ok you live? I'm in north Tx but work across the border in Ok. Foez/Flak/whoever is running this thing. If you will get close to the number of entrants, pm me for more details. I'll donate whatever is needed for one entry.

-Erik
35ze3t.jpg

:D

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-Erik
35ze3t.jpg

:D

That probably meant you didn't get close at all then, LOL

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to ask... if someone from outside of either the United States or Canada wins any of the prizes from the raffle, what will happen?

As I'm not paying for anything on my end, even if I did win at least something. Lol :L

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Well... At least, it's being fair though. :)

Anyway... What system menu will be installed on the console?
What I will do is properly region change the Wii to whatever region the winner is from. The rest of what I do to the wii is all up to the winner.

I think this is a great idea. If it does come to be, I'll be throwing in some money, for sure.

Is there going to be a limit of entries per person?
No limit.

But, to be fair, a person can only win one item. We will be posting official rules and info once we start it.

Th day that donation will be accepted is still to be determined. This thread was basically to see if there was enough interest in the idea, and so far it's looking rather good.

Edit: MY 4,000TH POST. Woohoo!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
There will not be a limit, and even if there was we wouldn't be able to enforce it because it's not very hard to pretend to be multiple people on the internet, lol.

The finer details will be announced once we start taking eticket purchases. I still need to confer with DeadlyFoez, but I think there is enough interest to beging moving forward with the next phase of this event.

One rule that I think we will implement is that no one person can win more than one prize. So if you purchase 20 etickets, and one of them is drawn to win the grand prize, all 20 of your etickets will be removed from the drawing of the subsequent smaller prizes.

Another rule is that your eticket purchases will be determined by your NET paypal purchase amount. This means if you send $5.00 but after paypal transaction fees the amount DeadlyFoez receives is less than 5 dollars (ie. $4.50), you will only get 4 etickets. Paypal allows you to select how transaction fees are payed and by whom, so you can ensure DeadlyFoez receives $5.00 exactly by opting to pay the fees yourself, so that you will pay $5.10 (or whatever it works out to be).

Reactions: 1 person

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... At least, it's being fair though. :)

Anyway... What system menu will be installed on the console?

Does it matter?
We can install the homebrew channel on any system menu and you can then downgrade to whatever version you please.

And I am more than interested as well. I already have 2 Wiis. 1 more would be nice haha.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im assuming to make the drawing fair you will be putting all tickets deep inside a cave, then starve a Russian man for 3 weeks, blind fold him, give him a map written in ancient Sumerian, spinning him around multiple times so he is dizzy, then send an host of animals after him to chase him down to help "speed him up". all while slowing shuffling the tickets the entire time before he gets there to pick one to ensure exact randomness?

lol. i'm just saying pick me to win. hope this goes through and i appreciate you documenting how to add the gamecube stuff if it works out, if i ever get one of these new wiis, i will be adding gamecube ports for sure. i can't have a wii without it.

thanks guys.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
We've been tossing around a few ideas of how we will do the drawing. I want it to be fair and for no one to have any reason to question if it was rigged. I have a lot of work to do. I've got to set up the ModMii website in preparation for this. We've already done all preparations A through G, and now we are working on preparation H. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi5kXcc-TJ8

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
Another rule is that your eticket purchases will be determined by your NET paypal purchase amount. This means if you send $5.00 but after paypal transaction fees the amount DeadlyFoez receives is less than 5 dollars (ie. $4.50), you will only get 4 etickets. Paypal allows you to select how transaction fees are payed and by whom, so you can ensure DeadlyFoez receives $5.00 exactly by opting to pay the fees yourself, so that you will pay $5.10 (or whatever it works out to be).
DeadlyFoez will become a billionaire by stealing all your dunashionz. EH HE HE

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E